ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Nominees

Feb 11, 2023
Thoughts?

Warren Zevon deserves it, but he's often existed just outside the mainstream. He's like an alternative Tom Petty.

Joy Division/New Order are quite influential. I'd like to see them get in.

Iron Maiden seems to be well respected by other musicians and they have a strong cult following.

RATM is pretty divisive. They really were a moment in time band. They sounded like nothing else out there, but their sound eventually gave rise to nu metal.

The hall is running out of real Hall of famers, they are all dying off. It's really not Rock and Roll anymore and the hall is trying to dig up anyone to keep their gig alive. All you have to do is see Rocker Dolly Parton Rock inducted in 2022 to the Roll hall of fame and see how diluted it's become. jmo

Agreed. It's become bloated. IMO, part of the issue is everyone's opinion of rock is slightly different. I think AIC, The Specials, and Warren Zevon should have been in a long time ago, but I know people will balk at The Specials. To each his own.

The hall is running out of real Hall of famers, they are all dying off. It's really not Rock and Roll anymore and the hall is trying to dig up anyone to keep their gig alive. All you have to do is see Rocker Dolly Parton Rock inducted in 2022 to the Roll hall of fame and see how diluted it's become. jmo
She turned it down

it was kinda weird how most 70's classic rock was ignored in their prime, (like the zeppelins, floyds, skynards, ac/dc, etc...) then all the sudden they had to flood the award shows with the classic rockers before they died.

and to make matters worse you probably got a geeky nirvana in before deep purple..

it was kinda weird how most 70's classic rock was ignored in their prime, (like the zeppelins, floyds, skynards, ac/dc, etc...) then all the sudden they had to flood the award shows with the classic rockers before they died.

and to make matters worse you probably got a geeky nirvana in before deep purple..
Deep purple is in

She turned it down
She is in fact in the HOF. She said she did not deserve it, but since she was in, she was going to make a RnR album. One song just announced is a duet with Kevin Cronin of REO in a remake of “Keep on Lovin’ You”. It will be interesting.

I give her major cred for admitting she did not deserve the honor, and pledged to earn it with her new album. Dolly is not a Rock and Roller, but she is an American Treasure.

Rage ****ing rocks. AMAZING band. Their politics as I get older? Meh.

But they rocked. Same with AudioSlave. Love me some Tom Morello, Tim Comeford and Brad Wilk regardless of who is on vocals. Add Chris Cornell? I might just like AudioSlave more than Rage. Hmmmmm

Iron Maiden, for being a band outside of those who control music, (a whole separate topic), it's amazing the fan base they have established world wide.

Reactions: leodisflowers
Absolutely ! Like everything else in today's American "culture" !

She is in fact in the HOF. She said she did not deserve it, but since she was in, she was going to make a RnR album. One song just announced is a duet with Kevin Cronin of REO in a remake of “Keep on Lovin’ You”. It will be interesting.

I give her major cred for admitting she did not deserve the honor, and pledged to earn it with her new album. Dolly is not a Rock and Roller, but she is an American Treasure.

An acquaintance got to meet her 40+ years ago while helping with one of her concerts. She said she was actually more beautiful up close in person. Said she was over the top nice to all of the workers.

Reactions: Spectrumalaska
An acquaintance got to meet her 40+ years ago while helping with one of her concerts. She said she was actually more beautiful up close in person. Said she was over the top nice to all of the workers.
Lots of people are beautiful on the outside. Those that are even more beautiful on the inside are rare and special. My late wife was like that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT