ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Question regarding "Bag men"

iROOT4nu

Senior
Jul 10, 2009
I believe this is something that is going on more and more, but my question is do you think so too? For how long? Did it boom with pagers and Internet and such? Long off season I tell ya. GBR

I bet it has almost become more difficult with cell phones, it is so easy to save texts and take pictures. They just find smarter ways to do something.

I do believe that it goes on more and more though, why wouldn't it? The juice is worth the squeeze.

Seems a bit surreal, but I think it is as simple as that.. a handoff, with a bag full of cash.

Forget cash. You could hand a recruit a pre-paid debit card with no name on it, and it would be virtually untraceable. Same thing with gift cards bought with cash. The bag man could tell him if there is any heat, to toss it in the trash or burn it. No record of where it came from. If anybody asks, you received as a rebate when mom signed a new rental contract at the apartment complex.

For that matter, the bag man could hand the kid a pre-paid phone and tell him not to answer calls except on that phone. Instant cock block to every other coach trying to contact him.

Or if the recruit's father is a pastor, give him $200k to fix up his church. Who doesn't want to donate money to a church? Best part of that, it's tax deductible!

I wonder if certain recruits get better packages at school a vs school b.. for example ole miss vs alabama. Interesting to say the least.

Who was that lady that was giving Husker players money and private plane rides a few years back?

I wonder if certain recruits get better packages at school a vs school b.. for example ole miss vs alabama. Interesting to say the least.
Can't remember which recruiting analyst it was, but one was on the radio talking about $EC cheating a year or so ago and was saying how different schools offer different items. Tennessee for example was giving out expensive gold watches. He said it caught his eye because a top recruit who's family was so poor they didn't have a pot to piss in, suddenly showed up at a camp with a high end gold watch. He asked the recruit about it and the recruit said it was part of the goody bag from Tennessee.

Then of course you can always look up the Terry Bowden interview about Auburn and how they allocated money to recruits and players.

Look at all of the Alabama players that come from poverty, yet once they arrive on campus suddenly own $30-$50k cars. On top of that, you have the bama coaches that got caught "loaning" players money.

Every year a less intelligent recruit or two will post a picture of themselves with wads of cash during or shortly after a recruiting trip. They always delete the tweet or post but someone will usually manage to get a screen shot of it before they do.

Here is Alabama commit Dee Liner and two of his friends:
Dee_Liner.jpg

Clemson:
cupage.jpg

Another Clemson:
bellamyidiot.jpeg

Ole Miss Laquon Treadwell:
Laquon-Treadwell.jpg

Ole Miss Fadol Brown:
2940274.jpg

Auburn recruit Tim Irvin:
tim-irvin-cash.jpg

Oh geez your just picking on those teams, that look like Monopoly money. Lol

So apparently 13 of the 28 violations committed by Ole Miss are football related, 9 of them under Hugh Freeze. But they don't cheat, oh no, and anyone that says they do is just jealous. They're going there for girls and weather, yeah, that's the ticket!

So apparently 13 of the 28 violations committed by Ole Miss are football related, 9 of them under Hugh Freeze. But they don't cheat, oh no, and anyone that says they do is just jealous. They're going there for girls and weather, yeah, that's the ticket!
Also, shocking that ESPN hasn't reported on it yet, only Fox Sports, SI, etc.

IIRC in the story "The Bagman" a lot of money is "donated" to the local church & from there it is distributed to "the needy".

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT