ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Private Gun Sale

TJH_6

Sophomore
Gold Member
Nov 9, 2015
Quick question guys. I have a Springfield XD 9MM that I want to sell or trade for a new gun. The only problem is.. I bought my gun in Nebraska & it has 16-round magazines. Now that I live in Colorado, no FFL gun shop will buy it or trade with me since CO now has a law on the books that these dealers can't sell magazines with more than 15-round capacity & if I try to sell to a private part we both have to go in to a FFL dealer for background checks. I will be back in NE for the holidays & may try to work with a dealer or private party there since no such laws exist in NE. Will I run into any issues selling it there to a FFL dealer since I have a CO driver's license? If I sell to a private party, do they need anything more than an ID & a purchase permit? Any advice is welcome & appreciated!

Aside: If any of you are interested, let me know. I'll be in the Hastings/Lincoln/Omaha areas around Christmas-time. It is a Springfield XD 9MM. Bought it at Scheel's in Omaha around 11/15/14. Less than 1000 rounds through it, shoots great & is in great shape.

http://www.springfield-armory.com/products/xd-service-model-9mm/

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News