ADVERTISEMENT

OT - pretty moving

I still think if these selfish, spoiled, and uninformed (not their fault college is failing) athletes ever had to hand a flag to a widow or see a flag draped coffin of a loved one like so many of us have they might understand whats really important and look forward to the anthem so they can stand and honor them.

I wish stuff like this wasn't politicized. I just don't see it as material for a clever meme.

Fully agree. Not sure how kneeling to protest police violence = disrespecting troops = hating war widows, followed by a Donald Trump-worshipping MAGA.

For those who don't know, rich boy Donald Trump faked bone spurs to avoid Vietnam. He was making America great while his poorer brothers died in the jungle. That seems like a giant kneel to the flag in my book.

Has the NFL started to keep the players in the locker rooms during the national anthem yet? Seems like an easy business route to me.

They can kneel on the sideline all game which would be more of a devotional act than a 3 minute anthem. Be a real protester and kneel for four hours

I don’t recall Obama making a habit of questioning others’ patriotism or “busting on” actual veterans, POWs, gold star families, etc. Trump opens himself up to such criticism by his own behavior.

Why would an unpatriotic person care (or even notice) if someone else exhibited unpatriotic behavior? An argument could be made that Barrack Hussein encouraged this type of behavior.

The only vet/POW President Trump has “busted on” is the lying POS senior senator from Arizona - a guy who, if he were an honorable person, should have resigned the moment his medical condition rendered him incapable of performing the duties of his position.

Gold star families? Who?

Most of the criticism President Trump receives comes from people on the left who are incapable of dealing with truth that counters their feelings. We finally have a POTUS who calls it as he sees it. This is a refreshing change from the hot air or no comments we typically get from establishment politicians.

Fully agree. Not sure how kneeling to protest police violence = disrespecting troops = hating war widows, followed by a Donald Trump-worshipping MAGA.

For those who don't know, rich boy Donald Trump faked bone spurs to avoid Vietnam. He was making America great while his poorer brothers died in the jungle. That seems like a giant kneel to the flag in my book.

I suppose you have proof that President Trump “faked” bone spurs? While you’re at it, maybe you can also research which military branch Barack Hussein and Slick Willie served in. If you really want to see something, you should research and compare what these two did to our military and what President Trump has done for our military, so far. Once you discover the truth, there will be no denying which one of these three truly cares for our service members and veterans.

We have a national cemetery outside Omaha now (about a mile south of I80 and 144th street). It's been open about a year and I would guess it has about 100 head stones at this point. I don't remember the prediction I heard from one of the workers there but I believe it was something like they predict 200,000 to 300,000 plots there in 100 years.

I don’t recall Obama making a habit of questioning others’ patriotism or “busting on” actual veterans, POWs, gold star families, etc. Trump opens himself up to such criticism by his own behavior.
Can you imagine the collective aneurysm that would have happened if Obama said of John McCain that he preferred soldiers who don't get captured? Just proves that it's never about the issue for most people, it's about "my team vs. your team."

But for my part, I'm coming around on the guy. He's so stupid and mentally ill that he can barely accomplish anything even with a majority in both houses. I'm starting to hope he sticks around, Pence would actually be able to get things done because his people could devote their time to something other than trying to defend totally bizarre statements and easily-disproven lies.

I still think if these selfish, spoiled, and uninformed (not their fault college is failing) athletes ever had to hand a flag to a widow or see a flag draped coffin of a loved one like so many of us have they might understand whats really important and look forward to the anthem so they can stand and honor them.

I think you will see that many of these "selfish, spoiled, uninformed" have grown up in environments saturated with violence and untimely death. Many of the deaths of their friends and family members have come from gun violence from teenagers and gang members. Not only is there no justice in these parts of the country, (some areas have convictions in <30% of homicide cases ) but in these same areas there is a disproportionate amount of violence from police officers towards the citizenry. Is the murder of a 17 year in south chicago less heartbreaking than an American soldier in Iraq? How about a 13 year old or 9 year old? Even if we took out all drug dealers, gang members from the lists of the murdered every year, there are still thousands of people in the inner city that are killed who are merely playing outside, driving to the grocery store, coaching a football game...do these innocent people deserve to be stood for....or maybe they should be kneeled for....the whole idea brought forth for Colin K..was convoluted and poorly thought out, but many players are kneeling out not against police brutality but against lives lived in brutality. A white person from Fremont may not get this, but some people live every single day of their lives in fear, for many reasons outside of their control.
Imagine the mom in that picture and the baby having to grow up in the same warzone that lead to the death of their loved one. Imagine them having to deal with the death and then exist in the same reality of violence and fear. And then that child grows up to experience the same environment. Military deaths are terrible, but today about 50 Americans will be murdered... many of these in areas of condensed violence. When is that going to change?

I think you will see that many of these "selfish, spoiled, uninformed" have grown up in environments saturated with violence and untimely death. Many of the deaths of their friends and family members have come from gun violence from teenagers and gang members. Not only is there no justice in these parts of the country, (some areas have convictions in <30% of homicide cases ) but in these same areas there is a disproportionate amount of violence from police officers towards the citizenry. Is the murder of a 17 year in south chicago less heartbreaking than an American soldier in Iraq? How about a 13 year old or 9 year old? Even if we took out all drug dealers, gang members from the lists of the murdered every year, there are still thousands of people in the inner city that are killed who are merely playing outside, driving to the grocery store, coaching a football game...do these innocent people deserve to be stood for....or maybe they should be kneeled for....the whole idea brought forth for Colin K..was convoluted and poorly thought out, but many players are kneeling out not against police brutality but against lives lived in brutality. A white person from Fremont may not get this, but some people live every single day of their lives in fear, for many reasons outside of their control.
Imagine the mom in that picture and the baby having to grow up in the same warzone that lead to the death of their loved one. Imagine them having to deal with the death and then exist in the same reality of violence and fear. And then that child grows up to experience the same environment. Military deaths are terrible, but today about 50 Americans will be murdered... many of these in areas of condensed violence. When is that going to change?
It's a strange line of thinking. I'm supposed to be un-American if I think tax dollars should pay for these young men and women to go to college and raise their families at home, but I should get excited to pay to send them to a country they don't need to be in to die for an objective that isn't clear.

Funny logic to me to be a person who wants to ship somebody else off to get blown up and then beat your chest about how much more you "support" them. "Aw yeah man, I support you! You're the best, what I think you ought to do next is go invade North Korea. I sure do hope you survive it so you can open up the cookies I send you."

But for my part, I'm coming around on the guy. He's so stupid and mentally ill that he can barely accomplish anything even with a majority in both houses. I'm starting to hope he sticks around, Pence would actually be able to get things done because his people could devote their time to something other than trying to defend totally bizarre statements and easily-disproven lies.

1. Tax cuts
2. Constitutional conservative to the Supreme Court
3. Degrading ISIS
4. Roll-back of regulations
5. Travel ban
6. Jerusalem recognized as Israel capital
7. Withdrawal from costly, useless Paris climate deal
8. Pull out of the TPP
9. Roll-back of Obama's Cuba policies
10. Repeal of 'Net Neutrality'
11. Stock market at all time high
12. Unemployment lowest in over a decade
13. Numerous judicial appointments
14. Individual mandate repealed
15. Illegal immigration at lowest levels in years
16. ANWR opened for drilling (boosting energy dominance)
17. Reviving NASA
18. VA reforms
19. NATO reforms
20. Reinstated and expanded the Mexico City Policy

All of this and it hasn't even been a full year yet. It's a good thing that you're starting to come around on President Trump. The next 7 years might have been rough for you otherwise.

One of the beautiful things about our Constitutional Republic - if you don't like where you are, you're free to move to another part of the country.

Reactions: Bomber227
It's a strange line of thinking. I'm supposed to be un-American if I think tax dollars should pay for these young men and women to go to college and raise their families at home, but I should get excited to pay to send them to a country they don't need to be in to die for an objective that isn't clear.

Funny logic to me to be a person who wants to ship somebody else off to get blown up and then beat your chest about how much more you "support" them. "Aw yeah man, I support you! You're the best, what I think you ought to do next is go invade North Korea. I sure do hope you survive it so you can open up the cookies I send you."

Better red than dead. Right, comrade?

Reactions: Bomber227
One of the beautiful things about our Constitutional Republic - if you don't like where you are, you're free to move to another part of the country.

The people that are so obsessed about their own freedom fail to see where it is lacking for others. There is no point arguing, if a person in our country believes everyone has free and equal opportunity to choose their own destiny then the only thing I can do is pray that you have some experiences that reveal more sustainable truths.

The people that are so obsessed about their own freedom fail to see where it is lacking for others. There is no point arguing, if a person in our country believes everyone has free and equal opportunity to choose their own destiny then the only thing I can do is pray that you have some experiences that reveal more sustainable truths.

This is such an absurd statement. You speak as if we live in a leftist country under dictorial rule, like North Korea or Cuba. We don’t. We live in a country where people absolutely do have an opportunity to choose their own destiny. People born into poverty are capable of becoming millionaires in our country. All it takes is hard work and determination. Dr. Ben Carson is a perfect example of this.

The path to success is more difficult for some than others. That’s just a part of life. The opportunity is still there, nevertheless.

This is such an absurd statement. You speak as if we live in a leftist country under dictorial rule, like North Korea or Cuba. We don’t. We live in a country where people absolutely do have an opportunity to choose their own destiny. People born into poverty are capable of becoming millionaires in our country. All it takes is hard work and determination. Dr. Ben Carson is a perfect example of this.

The path to success is more difficult for some than others. That’s just a part of life. The opportunity is still there, nevertheless.

North Korea+Leftist+Dr.Ben Carson+Cuba= brainwashed

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
I suppose you have proof that President Trump “faked” bone spurs? While you’re at it, maybe you can also research which military branch Barack Hussein and Slick Willie served in. If you really want to see something, you should research and compare what these two did to our military and what President Trump has done for our military, so far. Once you discover the truth, there will be no denying which one of these three truly cares for our service members and veterans.
You understand, that to dislike Trump does not mean someone is a liberal? I just wanted a competent republican.

You understand, that to dislike Trump does not mean someone is a liberal? I just wanted a competent republican.
I think thats where a great majority of people are. Trump is about Trump and thats it. He isnt a Republican and his words and actions are an embarrassment to real Republicans and Dems as well. I would think that the 2018 mid terms will be a slight course correction and 2020 will as well. This country will be a better place when he is gone, hopefully he doesnt do any irreparable damage between now and 2020 or until he is removed from office.

This starts out with a young mother mourning the tragic loss of her husband and look what we got now. Go argue politics on the world board.

I've considered Trump an SOB from the moment he essentially called John McCain a loser for getting captured in Vietnam. After spending 5 1/2 years in captivity being tortured, and two of those years in solitary confinement... John McCain should have the respect of every American. I've hated that f'ing POS (Trump) ever since, but he has added multiple reasons to dislike him even more.

Reactions: NorthWillRiseAgain
I think thats where a great majority of people are. Trump is about Trump and thats it. He isnt a Republican and his words and actions are an embarrassment to real Republicans and Dems as well. I would think that the 2018 mid terms will be a slight course correction and 2020 will as well. This country will be a better place when he is gone, hopefully he doesnt do any irreparable damage between now and 2020 or until he is removed from office.

He'll quit before his term is up.

I love him and can't wait to vote for him, again.

Last edited:
That list of Trump's "accomplishments" reminds me of the Iowa fan touting all the hardware they won this year. Do you appreciate at all the irony of what you wrote about people being incapable of dealing with truth that counters their feelings? But thanks for the laugh.

Did I say that? No, I didn't.

While most people who dislike President Trump are left-leaning liberals, it's true that there are some right-leaning people who dislike President Trump so much that they are willing to cut of their nose to spite their face.

I've considered Trump an SOB from the moment he essentially called John McCain a loser for getting captured in Vietnam. After spending 5 1/2 years in captivity being tortured, and two of those years in solitary confinement... John McCain should have the respect of every American. I've hated that f'ing POS (Trump) ever since, but he has added multiple reasons to dislike him even more.

President Trump made a mistake by criticizing McCain in that manner; however, it doesn't change the fact that McCain is a POS who should have faced a recall election the moment he voted against the ACA repeal.

He'll quit before his term is up.

Don't count on it.

ADVERTISEMENT