ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Playstation or other Games Talk

NikkiSixx

Offensive Coordinator
Sep 14, 2013
So I tried the PS Now streaming service, and low and behold, it works pretty good being streamed to the device. I guess you can download it to the machine too, but haven't done that. I have tried out a whole slew of older games I never would have before and found some pretty interesting ones.

I like that it doesn't need to download as I'm close to being out of disc space, but I was expecting some pretty sketchy performance, but it's been pretty good on a 40/9 MBit cable service.

I can see this being the future and not having to buy expensive hardware. Gives me pause about buying a new console later this year to be honest.

Anyone tried Stadia or similar streaming game service?

Reactions: bluenrg
Haven't tried streaming. Don't have fast enough internet.
Have PS4, Vita and Gaming PC.

Work is dead and we are essential workers so we have nothing to do all day. Gonna bring my Vita and tempted to bring my PS4 to pass the time. A gaming laptop would be great right now.

Stadia was promising, but content is lacking and they have some input lag issues. Using powerful servers to stream games to average devices is very smart, but nothing available is polished enough yet.

Not a streaming service, but I subscribed to Game Pass on xbox in October. I would never have thought to try a game like Minit, but it was fun, albeit short, as the name implies :p Have also played Rocket League through it, I am not good.

Reactions: bluenrg
Not a streaming service, but I subscribed to Game Pass on xbox in October. I would never have thought to try a game like Minit, but it was fun, albeit short, as the name implies :p Have also played Rocket League through it, I am not good.
I have gamepass ultimate on PC for another month. Playing through the old Halo games and Ori. I've just not been home much to take advantage.

Reactions: HuskersNC
So I tried the PS Now streaming service, and low and behold, it works pretty good being streamed to the device. I guess you can download it to the machine too, but haven't done that. I have tried out a whole slew of older games I never would have before and found some pretty interesting ones.

I like that it doesn't need to download as I'm close to being out of disc space, but I was expecting some pretty sketchy performance, but it's been pretty good on a 40/9 MBit cable service.

I can see this being the future and not having to buy expensive hardware. Gives me pause about buying a new console later this year to be honest.

Anyone tried Stadia or similar streaming game service?
Fallout 4 worked great on it

I have my Xbox in Nebraska but I’m currently living in Chicago (transitioning from place to place), and I can’t believe I didn’t bring it with me.

However, my neighbor has one and I’ve become very good at Mortal Kombat 11

Played some Fallout 4 just today, making chocolate chip cookies and homemade bean with bacon soup.

Reactions: Swiv3D
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT