ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Pfizer Vaccine Officially Approved for EUA

RedCap

Nebraska Legend
Sep 29, 2001
Although not a big surprise by now the Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine finally has been officially approved for EUA in the U.S. by the FDA tonight (Friday). Vaccine shipments (although with limited availability) should begin immediately and first vaccinations will probably begin on Monday. Although it's been developed in record time, it still seems like it's been a long time just due to the severe consequences of the pandemic.

Now hopefully the Moderna vaccine will be approved exactly one week later.

Total wate of money and resources considering it’s likely 160 million have already been infected.

Well, that's the joke. By the time these vaccines are rolling out in mass, the number of COVID-19 infections and new cases will be way down.

But we gotta keep the mask mandates and social distancing going even with the vaccine. Cause Fauci and his cronies say that while the vaccine may protect someone from getting sick, they could still spread it to others. Lmao.

I never fail to be amazed at the number of anti vaxxers out there. Ha!

Anti vaxxers should just personally stay away from the vaccine themselves IMO but they're not satisfied with that. They want to try to scare everyone else as well so others are at risk of the disease as well.

I seen the FISA vaccine was approved. 🤔

I had the Rona 3 weeks ago unless I have long lasting Affects I dont know about I had hang overs a lot worse. Lost taste and smell that was it. No way I will get a vaccine they came up with in weeks.

I had the Rona 3 weeks ago unless I have long lasting Affects I dont know about I had hang overs a lot worse. Lost taste and smell that was it. No way I will get a vaccine they came up with in weeks.
Whether anyone gets the vaccine or not is their own business. Up to them. Doctors are recommending though even if you have had the virus you should still get vaccinated. But you will be put in a lower priority category and will have to wait until there is enough vaccine to go around for the general public.

Reactions: dinglefritz
So will there be the same stuff we have to do before and during the shot like in Russia?

No alcohol 2 weeks before taking the Covid shot.
After the first shot you must refrain from alcohol for 21 days.
After the second shot you must refrain from alcohol for another 21 days...

Total wate of money and resources considering it’s likely 160 million have already been infected.
No. For millions of healthcare workers and elderly who haven't been infected yet, it was not a waste of money. For our economy which has been devastated due to idiots in power it was not a waste of money. For our restaurant, bar, airline, hotel, dentistry, etc etc businesses it was NOT a waste of money. We HAVE to at this point remove the fear of resuming normal activities in order to restore our economy and way of life.

So will there be the same stuff we have to do before and during the shot like in Russia?

I highly doubt that. There would be no logical reason for that that I can think of.

This vaccine while produced in weeks has been really in development for years. The techniques they used to produce this vaccine have been researched for over a decade. Pfizer alone gave over 18,000 doses to test subjects in a previously unheard of large scale human vaccine trial. Even though this vaccine was produced in record time, it has been extensively vetted and nobody should be afraid to take it.

PEOPLE spreading fear over taking this vaccine are being very irresponsible. My wife gets it this next week and she can't wait. She's watched way too many people die from this virus and we're in our 60s. She wants to be around to take our grandkids to some national parks.

Russian dude that spoke said alcohol weakens the immune system so the shot wouldn’t be as effective..
While vaccine might have some small immunosuppressive effect, it shouldn't be enough to affect a vaccination. You have to remember the level of alcohol consumption in Russia. It's nuts how much hard liquor those people drink. It's kind of like drugs in Portland.

Reactions: scarletred
While vaccine might have some small immunosuppressive effect, it shouldn't be enough to affect a vaccination. You have to remember the level of alcohol consumption in Russia. It's nuts how much hard liquor those people drink. It's kind of like drugs in Portland.

LOL, yea true but we love our alcohol in America too, as I point the thumb posting this..

Be interesting if they mention alcohol consumption at all when they start administrating the shots.Winking

My pulmonary doctor is at National Jewish in Denver. I am in great shape now and take no meds but my doc did a conference call with me a few weeks ago just as a check in/what if kind of deal. At the time she didn't know which vaccine would be approved first but said that I should NOT be at the head of the line even with my underlying conditions. They simply do not know how people, aside from the specially selected in trials, will react. I am instructed to wait until there is some data. I expect a lot of people will be in this same situation.

What’s worse. The vaccine or the rona?
Although not a big surprise by now the Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine finally has been officially approved for EUA in the U.S. by the FDA tonight (Friday). Vaccine shipments (although with limited availability) should begin immediately and first vaccinations will probably begin on Monday. Although it's been developed in record time, it still seems like it's been a long time just due to the severe consequences of the pandemic.

Now hopefully the Moderna vaccine will be approved exactly one week later.

What’s worse. The vaccine or the rona? Asking for a friend.

Reactions: scarletred

I assume you're joking but there are no preconditions for getting the vaccine like refraining from alcohol.

What’s worse. The vaccine or the rona?

What’s worse. The vaccine or the rona? Asking for a friend.
For over half of our citizens the Rona is worse by quite a bit. For a small percentage the Rona is terminal. For another fairly small percentage the Rona leaves long lasting health problems. Nobody died in the trials or will die from the vaccine unless they have some really weird anaphylactic reaction which goes untreated. My kid's buddy just lost his 66 year old dad to COVID. He had been in reasonably good health and was looking forward to probably 15 years of a fun retirement spending his life's earnings stimulating our economy and chasing his grandkids.

I assume you're joking but there are no preconditions for getting the vaccine like refraining from alcohol.

I’m not joking .... This is what that has been mentioned about Russia Covid shots goggle it and you will find out I’m not joking..

My pulmonary doctor is at National Jewish in Denver. I am in great shape now and take no meds but my doc did a conference call with me a few weeks ago just as a check in/what if kind of deal. At the time she didn't know which vaccine would be approved first but said that I should NOT be at the head of the line even with my underlying conditions. They simply do not know how people, aside from the specially selected in trials, will react. I am instructed to wait until there is some data. I expect a lot of people will be in this same situation.
They did in fact vaccinate some elderly people in their group. Interestingly 2 first responders I know who took it said the booster vaccination caused a lot more soreness and lethargy than the first one. MOST of us won't be in line to take the vaccine for at least 4-5 months and millions of people will have been vaccinated and had time to see if any issues develop from vaccination.

People can choose to live in fear of the vaccine if they want. Personally the odds of me dying from COVID are MUCH higher than they are of dying from an inactivated subunit vaccine like Pfizer's. My risk of dying from COVID are pretty high. From vaccination the risk of a fatal problem are about as close to zero as it can get for me. People need to understand that the only possible fatal reaction is an allergic one and THAT is extremely small and WHY YOU NEED TO GET YOUR SHOT IN A DR'S OFFICE AND NOT IN A DAMNED GROCERY STORE OR PHARMACY.

Last edited:
Reactions: cecilB
I’m not joking .... This is what that has been mentioned about Russia Covid shots goggle it and you will find out I’m not joking..
goggle? Is that a new search engine. I would love to find something new to use that worked well. BTW, Brendan Stai is on pregame right now. Love his insight.

I never fail to be amazed at the number of anti vaxxers out there. Ha!

Anti vaxxers should just personally stay away from the vaccine themselves IMO but they're not satisfied with that. They want to try to scare everyone else as well so others are at risk of the disease as well.
They had a Dr on KFAB a couple of days ago and gave him at least an hour to rant about how untested Pfizer's vaccine is. He was an absolute nut. Unfortunately there's going to be thousands of people who believe his drivel. He went on an out of control hyperventilating anti-vaxxer rant about thimersol and various adjuvants. Unbelievable. The state of Nebraska needs to take action on his license for spreading such crap.

They wouldn't take people with pre-existing problems which might have made them more likely to either not produce an immune response or have weird reactions. They did in fact vaccinate some elderly people in their group. Interestingly 2 first responders I know who took it said the booster vaccination caused a lot more soreness and lethargy than the first one. MOST of us won't be in line to take the vaccine for at least 4-5 months and millions of people will have been vaccinated and had time to see if any issues develop from vaccination.

People can choose to live in fear of the vaccine if they want. Personally the odds of me dying from COVID are MUCH higher than they are of dying from an inactivated subunit vaccine like Pfizer's. My risk of dying from COVID are pretty high. From vaccination the risk of a fatal problem are about as close to zero as it can get for me. People need to understand that the only possible fatal reaction is an allergic one and THAT is extremely small and WHY YOU NEED TO GET YOUR SHOT IN A DR'S OFFICE AND NOT IN A DAMNED GROCERY STORE OR PHARMACY.

for clarity they enrolled a lot of people with underlying medical conditions including many that would suppress the immune system - you had to be severely immunosuppressed to be excluded - despite this many/most transplant centers will be getting their transplant recipients (taking immunosuppressive drugs) or those on the waiting list vaccinated ASAP

subjects with the following conditions were included in the trial

AIDS/HIV
Any malignancy
Cerebrovascular disease
Chronic pulmonary disease
Congestive heart failure
Dementia
Diabetes with chronic complication
Diabetes without chronic complication
Hemiplegia or paraplegia
Leukemia
Lymphoma
Metastatic solid tumor
Mild liver disease
Moderate or severe liver disease
Myocardial infarction
Peptic ulcer disease
Peripheral vascular disease
Renal disease
Rheumatic disease

for clarity they enrolled a lot of people with underlying medical conditions including many that would suppress the immune system - you had to be severely immunosuppressed to be excluded - despite this many/most transplant centers will be getting their transplant recipients (taking immunosuppressive drugs) or those on the waiting list vaccinated ASAP

subjects with the following conditions were included in the trial

AIDS/HIV
Any malignancy
Cerebrovascular disease
Chronic pulmonary disease
Congestive heart failure
Dementia
Diabetes with chronic complication
Diabetes without chronic complication
Hemiplegia or paraplegia
Leukemia
Lymphoma
Metastatic solid tumor
Mild liver disease
Moderate or severe liver disease
Myocardial infarction
Peptic ulcer disease
Peripheral vascular disease
Renal disease
Rheumatic disease
I was not aware of that. Thanks. I ASSumed.

Reactions: jlb321
Well in that case I wouldn't believe everything on the Internet that comes out of Russia. Winking

If that's the case, you're gonna have some rough days, eh, Scarlet? ;)

Why? You are aware some people have severely adverse reactions to these vaccines, right?
4 people so far out of over 20,000 doses now worldwide. And all of those reactions respond well to treatment. It's not much different than the reactions from flu shots. IF you gave COVID to those same 20,000 you would expect 100 deaths.
That's the bottom line. Nobody is going to force you to get vaccinated.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT