ADVERTISEMENT

OT: PC gamers/ Builders

BigRedRising

Redshirt Freshman
Aug 31, 2019
Anyone with knowledge, I would appreciate the help. I currently have integrated graphics (7560D) and am looking at a New card for $30. It is a AMD Radeon HD7670. I'm having a tough time figuring out if it's even an upgrade. Thanks in advance.

I went through something similar years ago and although I know a little, I’m far from an expert. I used Toms Hardware forums and got some good advice. You can also ask tech support from board manufacturer

Reactions: BigRedRising
Anyone with knowledge, I would appreciate the help. I currently have integrated graphics (7560D) and am looking at a New card for $30. It is a AMD Radeon HD7670. I'm having a tough time figuring out if it's even an upgrade. Thanks in advance.

Any discrete card is almost always going to outperform an integrated graphics unit unless it’s a total dog. RedMyMind’s benchmark link supports that.

It’s not likely that you’ll have any trouble, but I suggest dropping your build into pcpartpicker.com to make sure you don’t have any compatibility issues. If you were scraping by with the minimum for your power supply, you might need to upgrade there to power a graphics card.

Thanks guys.I am computer illiterate and I'm merely trying to slightly upgrade my PC to emulate GameCube games at 1080p 60 frames per second and most of the feedback I get on computer forms are that my computer is junk need a new motherboard blah blah blah. I appreciate the links as they have answered all my questions. This forum never disappoints!

Reactions: NDR
Thanks guys.I am computer illiterate and I'm merely trying to slightly upgrade my PC to emulate GameCube games at 1080p 60 frames per second and most of the feedback I get on computer forms are that my computer is junk need a new motherboard blah blah blah. I appreciate the links as they have answered all my questions. This forum never disappoints!
Swim on, Dolphin.
Just make sure you have PCIe X 16 lanes on your mobo.

It's an upgrade, the onboard(on the graphics card) memory and chip are better. The only loss is communication time between the bus and the cpu, but is easily overcome by the discreet cards superiority.

Make sure your psu can handle the cards extra power demand.

No, bro, I don't think it is an update. Graphic cards from AMD aren't that good, so I wouldn't suggest buying it.
If you can't afford a better one, don't buy a new graphic card because buying such a card would be worthless.
In case you can afford to buy a more expensive graphic card, I suggest buying it from NVIDIA.
They have many graphic cards worth attention to, but the best options for you would be 1660 Ti and 1660 Super.
It's up to you to decide which one to buy. I only want to recommend checking this article https://quickreviewshow.com/1660-ti-vs-1660-super-which-is-better/, so you could understand which one suits you better.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT