ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Parks & Rec

FargoHusker

Redshirt Freshman
Nov 27, 2011
Any other fellow fans out there? Series finale is tonight, and I am really going to miss this show. It is LITERALLY one of my favorite shows ever.

giphy.gif

anigif_enhanced-buzz-2611-1381985463-13.gif

Best comedy on tv...or was....Got to meet the cast a few years back at a screening at the Emmy theater out here...cool group of people

It has been a fantastic show. I'm sad that it is ending, but I am glad it is going out before it fades.

I remember when it first came on. I told my wife that it was terrible and would be cancelled after one year. But I kept watching at it became one of my favorite sitcoms recently. Felt like this season has kind of circled the drain though.

Big fan here. Great show, one of a few that can make me laugh out loud.

"The three most important relationships in a man's life-- his barber, his butcher and his lover." -Ron Swanson

Originally posted by HuskerNinja:
I remember when it first came on. I told my wife that it was terrible and would be cancelled after one year. But I kept watching at it became one of my favorite sitcoms recently. Felt like this season has kind of circled the drain though.
Mark(Paul Schneider) was very bad. The show needed him gone in a hurry. Writer's strike saved the show when new people were hired and they knew he didn't fit with their direction and had no problem with him leaving. The show was great, Paul Schneider acted like it was the Midwestern west-wing, he left at the right time.

Originally posted by jawatkins:
Originally posted by HuskerNinja:
Mark(Paul Schneider) was very bad. The show needed him gone in a hurry. Writer's strike saved the show when new people were hired and they knew he didn't fit with their direction and had no problem with him leaving. The show was great, Paul Schneider acted like it was the Midwestern west-wing, he left at the right time.
Yeah he was terrible in his role. He said something about wanting to be in movies. Good luck with that. Tonight's finale was great. They got it right. If you'd told me Chris Pratt was going to be a big movie star when the show started off, I would not have believed, but he's really evolved.

Couldn't agree more. I was ready to give up half way through the first season. Glad I didn't, one of my all time favorite shows. Way underrated IMO

The show has run its course, but enjoyed it while it lasted. The recurring side characters are hilarious - like Perd Hapley, and Mo Collins as the boozehound local TV personality.

Originally posted by schuele:
The show has run its course, but enjoyed it while it lasted. The recurring side characters are hilarious - like Perd Hapley, and Mo Collins as the boozehound local TV personality.
The large cast of recurring characters are what made the show. In fact, one of the reasons I think I love Parks & Rec so much is that it's the most similar live-action show to The Simpsons (my favorite comedy ever) that I've ever seen. Much like Springfield, the people of Pawnee, and the town itself, were integral characters in the show. They even had their own Springfield/Shelbyville-type rivalry between Pawnee and Eagleton.

tumblr_mu5t6yVHpQ1rz3neeo5_250_zps6a57ab05.gif

The night Parks and Rec premiered there were two episodes of The Office, which I was a huge fan of at that time. I had no idea what Parks and Rec was going to be like (because I really didn't care), all I knew was I was getting two episodes of my favorite show. The ads leading up to that night led one to believe those two The Office episodes would be back-to-back. However, Parks and Rec was wedged in between. Pissed off, I resented that show for a long time.

Then a few years later, I accidentally watched Parks and Rec and liked it (left the TV on after whatever other show I was watching while cleaning). It soon became my new favorite show.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT