ADVERTISEMENT

OT-Packers locking up J. Love

I just didn't see the harm in wanting to see more before I did that. To late now. GB is an interestimg watch going forward thats for sure.
Good QB's like Kirk Cousins get outrageous deals. Great QB's have to be locked up. Otherwise, you end up like the Bears and Browns playing musical QB's for decades. My Packers seem to have found the next MVP at QB. 3 for 3 in 30 years. Pretty damn good track record.

Reactions: thadscastle
Good QB's like Kirk Cousins get outrageous deals. Great QB's have to be locked up. Otherwise, you end up like the Bears and Browns playing musical QB's for decades. My Packers seem to have found the next MVP at QB. 3 for 3 in 30 years. Pretty damn good track record.

I'm not against huge contracts for the right players, maybe Love is that, but to date he's had one good half to a season and he had a year left didn't he? GB didn't have to do this yet and if Love kills it to start the new season then great. You got your QB and ya gotta pay. But I wonder if they jumped the gun. We'll see.

Well, you can't say 3 for 3 yet just because he got the contract. Let's see him be the franchise QB they just paid for going forward 5 or 10 years. He certainly plaid dam well last year.

Well, you can't say 3 for 3 yet just because he got the contract. Let's see him be the franchise QB they just paid for going forward 5 or 10 years. He certainly plaid dam well last year.
He was playing as well as anyone the second half of the season. Even more impressive is he doesn't have any real legit superstars at WR, RB or TE. Just a bunch of good young talent. Hope he doesn't have a sophomore slump.

I think that division will belong to Goff for a bit. We’ll see though
Will be a battle of Lions Packers for awhile.
tenor.gif

Mahomes is so stupid. Should have signed just 2 year deals at a time…. By this point he’d get 60 mil per year

• Haha
Reactions: TFrazier
I'm not against huge contracts for the right players, maybe Love is that, but to date he's had one good half to a season and he had a year left didn't he? GB didn't have to do this yet and if Love kills it to start the new season then great. You got your QB and ya gotta pay. But I wonder if they jumped the gun. We'll see.
Very young team stacked with young playmakers. This deal is fair for everyone and gives the Packers room to keep the team intact and compete for titles. Love is high potential but not totally proven, so there is some risk. But the reward far outweighs that risk.

Reactions: HBK4life
Very young team stacked with young playmakers. This deal is fair for everyone and gives the Packers room to keep the team intact and compete for titles. Love is high potential but not totally proven, so there is some risk. But the reward far outweighs that risk.

He was under contract for another season. I don't see the risk to wait and be sure. Having said that and everything else I said...he might be worth every penny. WTF do I know. Just seems like they rushed to do somerhing that could have waited.

Mahomes is so stupid. Should have signed just 2 year deals at a time…. By this point he’d get 60 mil per year

Mahomes is really hurting for money.

3 Super Bowl rings, a boatload of national endorsements, partial owner of several sports teams, I hope he will be ok for a few years until they renegotiate his contract “again.”

• Haha
Reactions: TampaBaySkers
He was under contract for another season. I don't see the risk to wait and be sure. Having said that and everything else I said...he might be worth every penny. WTF do I know. Just seems like they rushed to do somerhing that could have waited.
The risk is he tests the free agency market next year or walks. Teams like the Cowboys are indecisive. How did that work out? The Packers have invested a lot in Love and ended up exceeding most people's expectations so no sense in wavering at this point.

At first I thought way to much money, but it's only 9 million more than Baker I believe. Now the Packers have to stick to the formula and draft a QB in two years no matter what!! Let Love walk after a couple of years of grooming the new guy :)

Credit where its due....kudos to the Pack for moving off the biggest drama queen ever after watching all the sports talk shows debate yet another self induced drama saga from the drama queen who decided to miss the first day of mandatory workouts.

Reactions: Huskers123456
The risk is him having a great season and them having to franchise tag him then outbid another team for him.

Credit where its due....kudos to the Pack for moving off the biggest drama queen ever after watching all the sports talk shows debate yet another self induced drama saga from the drama queen who decided to miss the first day of mandatory workouts.
Not having to deal with an owner has been a huge benefit to GB’s GM

The risk is him having a great season and them having to franchise tag him then outbid another team for him.

GB could not have treated Love with more love to date, if their life depended on it. If he had gotten off to a great start, then refused to discuss a long term contract in-season, after the respect he's been shown for years by the Pack, then he's a royal dick.

Reactions: dinglefritz
This is already extremely rare and (correct me if I’m wrong) unprecedented what GB has been able to do at QB, especially if Love gets a ring and then gets traded to the Jets.

Not a good move due to injury risk, but that being said, being franchised a couple years (forced to take a one year deal) didn't hurt Kirk Cousins much.

Not having to deal with an owner has been a huge benefit to GB’s GM
Ding, ding, ding. Ask the Browns GM how much he likes the contract that Jimmy "Wierd F'er" Haslem gave to pervert Watson. Watson will take up 22% of the entire teams salary cap this year. And he's not even a good player.

Ding, ding, ding. Ask the Browns GM how much he likes the contract that Jimmy "Wierd F'er" Haslem gave to pervert Watson. Watson will take up 22% of the entire teams salary cap this year. And he's not even a good player.
That's why they're the Browns. You find a star at QB. You lock them up.

Browns starting quarterbacks by season since 1999​

• 1999 — Tim Couch, Ty Detmer
  • 2000 — Couch, Doug Pederson, Spergon Wynn
  • 2001 — Couch
  • 2002 — Couch, Kelly Holcomb
  • 2003 — Couch, Holcomb
  • 2004 — Holcomb, Jeff Garcia, Luke McCown
  • 2005 — Trent Dilfer, Charlie Frye
  • 2006 — Frye, Derek Anderson
  • 2007 — Anderson, Frye
  • 2008 — Anderson, Brady Quinn, Ken Dorsey, Bruce Gradkowski
  • 2009 — Anderson, Quinn
  • 2010 — Colt McCoy, Jake Delhomme, Seneca Wallace
  • 2011 — McCoy, Wallace
  • 2012 — Brandon Weeden, Thad Lewis
  • 2013 -- Weeden, Jason Campbell, Brian Hoyer
  • 2014 -- Hoyer, Johnny Manziel, Connor Shaw
  • 2015 -- Manziel, Josh McCown, Austin Davis
  • 2016 -- J. McCown, Cody Kessler, Robert Griffin III
  • 2017 -- DeShone Kizer, Kevin Hogan
  • 2018 -- Baker Mayfield, Tyrod Taylor
  • 2019 -- Mayfield
  • 2020 -- Mayfield
  • 2021 -- Mayfield, Case Keenum, Nick Mullens
  • 2022 -- Jacoby Brissett, Deshaun Watson
  • 2023 -- Watson, Joe Flacco, Dorian Thompson-Robinson, P.J. Walker, Jeff Driskel

Reactions: Dean Pope
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT