eagles
van halen (roth)
rush
deep purple
sabbath
aerosmith
dead
credence
who (barely but daltry could scream like a banshee)
(the above are the creme of the crop)
(I can't put hendricks, srv, jackson brown, croce, lightfoot, trower ,steve miller, rev al, clapton, beck, etc in here cause they are more viewed as solo)
(Im leaving off nugget, boston, styx, foghat, journey, fleetwood mac, zz top, elo, outlaws, blue oyster, spinners, hachet, stp, etc..cause they didn't make the cut)
I grew up in the 70's

Last edited:
Just way too melodramatic for me personally. Hate is too strong of a word. I choose not to listen to it when listening to songs off of that album though.

I take it that you agree that Today is a bit annoying?
Yeah. I don't know what exactly is wrong with that song either. I like the chorus and the verses, but the transitions make it awkward and Corgans voice just sounds like nails on a chalkboard. It was like half greenday and half Bob Dylan in the worst way possible. I could see someone doing a cover of it and being pretty cool like what 5 finger death punch did with Bad Company or what disturbed did with The Sound of Silence. Both originals were annoying but the covers were awesome. Maybe Aaron Lewis could make something out of it.

Aerosmith also totally changed their sound. I mean, Dream On was so different from their later stuff.

Just my opinion, but the biggest change in Aerosmith over the years was just Steven Tyler's voice. The rest of it isn't too dissimilar from the early 70s to the late 90s

Reactions: JohnRossEwing
top bands all time
(fit the beatles in where you will)
zeppelin
skynard
floyd
stones
ac/dc
eagles
van halen (roth)
rush
deep purple
sabbath
aerosmith
dead
credence
(I can't put hendricks, srv, jackson brown, croce, lightfoot, trower ,steve miller, rev al, clapton, beck, etc in here cause they are more viewed as solo)
(Im leaving off nugget, boston, styx, foghat, journey, fleetwood mac, zz top, elo, outlaws, blue oyster, spinners, hachet, stp, etc..cause they didn't make the cut)
I grew up in the 70's
Very solid list.
Rush and Pink Floyd at the very top.
Sabbath just a notch below.
Then the rest. And throw in Maiden.

Reactions: redwine65
Into the sixth page of this topic, and THIS group hasn't been mentioned in the overrated department.

THEREFORE, I HEREBY DECREE, BASED UPON NOT BEING MENTIONED AS OVERATED, THIS GROUP STANDS ABOVE ALL THOSE MENTIONED AND WILL BE AGREED UPON FORTHWITH AS NOT OVERRATED BUT BETTER THAN ALL GROUPS HERE HAVING BEEN SAID OVERRATED. AND HERE IS THAT GROUP:

ANY ATTEMPTS TO NULIFY, VOID, OR ARGUE THIS DECISION WILL BE STRICKEN DOWN AND GIVEN NO MERIT WHATSOEVER. FURTHERMORE, YOU HAD YOUR CHANCE TO MENTION THIS GROUP AND YOU BLEW IT, THEREFORE, THIS GROUP NOW AND FOREVER WILL BE CONSIDERED NOT OVERRATED BUT VASTLY SUPERIOR TO ALL THE GROUPS MENTIONED HERE AS OVERRATED! HERE ENDETH THE DISCUSSION. ;)

Reactions: Hoosker Du
top bands all time
(fit the beatles in where you will)
zeppelin
skynard
floyd
stones
ac/dc
eagles
van halen (roth)
rush
deep purple
sabbath
aerosmith
dead
credence
I grew up in the 70's
HendriX. And it was the Jimi Hendrix Experience. Noel Redding was shit, but Mitch Mitchell kicked ass and deserves to be remembered as more than just a dude who happened to drum for Jimi.

Just way too melodramatic for me personally. Hate is too strong of a word. I choose not to listen to it when listening to songs off of that album though.

I take it that you agree that Today is a bit annoying?
Today is probably my favorite Smashing Pumpkins song. There's not very many happy songs out there so I give it bonus points for that. I know it's probably not supposed to be a happy song, but it sounds that way to me.

I somewhat agree with this. I thought The Bends was a very good album, but there are multiple musical artists that I would much rather listen to than Radiohead.
They have one awesome song...but I really don't hear a lot of the other stuff they do.

Never heard of Rush before this thread. Guess that means that they're probably not overrated, just that they suck.

Overrated: Johnny cash. He was good, but not quite as good as his legend makes him out to be. FTR, I really like Johnny cash.

Underrated: primus. If you don't know why, I can't explain it to you anyway.

Reactions: blackbones
Ah yeah I have heard that.
Now that makes more sense. You just didn't know the name of the band, I think that happens a ton.

For years I thought some Cheap Trick songs were Aerosmith song and a few Aerosmith songs were Led Zep.

Now that makes more sense. You just didn't know the name of the band, I think that happens a ton.

For years I thought some Cheap Trick songs were Aerosmith song and a few Aerosmith songs were Led Zep.

Is that their biggest hit? Any other major hits?

Thom Yorke isn't very fond of that song. He actually calls the song "Crap." There are so many better songs than that by Radiohead.
That is sooooo Radiohead of them...

They have one HUGE commercial hit and of course what happens...they have to hate it.

If you (not you, but the band) is embarrassed of a hit song they have and they think it is crap...they should either pull the song from radio play or give back all the money they ever made from it...

Or...they can just shut up about it.

It is like listening to a playboy model saw "I really am just a tomboy, I don't even think I am attractive" . Oh okay.

Reactions: SeaOfRed75
ADVERTISEMENT