ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Omaha Volleyball Parents

newAD

Head Coach
Oct 14, 2007
Omaha
looking for recomendations by parents who have daughters in the Omaha area playing competitive volleyball. I know there are quite a few options for higher competitive leagues/instructions etc.

I've got a daughter in elementary school, who's been playing up a year with some girls the past few years in the Y. With how competitive volleyball is in Nebraska I figure it's time to get more serious. I doubt my kid will grow tall enough to be an outside hitter/middle blocker, so she'll need to be a setter/libero by high school. She's not afraid to dive or slide on the floor.

I'd appreciate any feedback on places to play, take lessons, etc.

We have daughters that play Premier. The benefits of the organization are that they have 3 or 4 levels at every age group and they also have summer camps and leagues and they also offer "setter training", "hitter training", etc. Their website is pretty thorough. They practice out at The Courts near 137th and Giles. Elite does a lot of the same things and their facility is closer to 102nd and Blondo. One thing to think about is her future high school. Papillion has a volleyball club and so does Elkhorn. I'm kind of all of the place with this, but overall at a young age, I think the team play is secondary to having the availability of individualized instruction in volleyball. Something to consider. It really helped our girls.

Go to www.gpvb.org and click on the juniors tab. On the left side there is a link "tryout information" that will take you to some teams web pages and will give you info on their tryouts.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by kaz36:
Go to www.gpvb.org and click on the juniors tab. On the left side there is a link "tryout information" that will take you to some teams web pages and will give you info on their tryouts.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
Thanks for the info.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT