ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Omaha Gorilla scares kids and breaks glass

I have witnessed these gorillas scare kids on purpose and then they would walk away with a smile. It's funny watching them entertain themselves.

Most of the time it makes me jump if I'm not ready for it, but this one would scare me bad.

Originally posted by GretnaShawn:
I have witnessed these gorillas scare kids on purpose and then they would walk away with a smile. It's funny watching them entertain themselves.

Most of the time it makes me jump if I'm not ready for it, but this one would scare me bad.
Scare them on purpose? So you think they know what they are doing and if they broke the glass completely they would just smile and help pick up the pieces?

Scare them on purpose? So you think they know what they are doing and if they broke the glass completely they would just smile and help pick up the pieces?
Absolutely!

happy-gorilla_176020-1440x900.jpg

Originally posted by huskerbux:

I've seen them just show a little bit of their body up against the wall to get kids to get close to the glass and then smack the glass to scare the kids. Then they smile and run away. That's what I meant. The video was different. That thing would have rampaged.

Reactions: nebcountry

Have some friends that did a camera safari and walked with wild gorillas. They had a huge male charge at them and then stop just inches from them. The one thing they told them before hand was to not look them in the eye and don't move or run. Looking them in the eye is a dominance thing and they will hurt you badly if you do it. Pee your pants but don't run.

Originally posted by dinglefritz:

Have some friends that did a camera safari and walked with wild gorillas. They had a huge male charge at them and then stop just inches from them. The one thing they told them before hand was to not look them in the eye and don't move or run. Looking them in the eye is a dominance thing and they will hurt you badly if you do it. Pee your pants but don't run.
Shaq attack!

Darn it, I thought this was going to be a story on Jason Peter.. :Cool:

That is sheer lunacy.

It's just like when a bear charges. You should play dead. It's great practice for when you'll be really dead in 30 seconds.

It's just like when a bear charges. You should play dead. It's great practice for when you'll be really dead in 30 seconds.
Actually, your chances of doing that and surviving are better than you think. Gorillas aren't meat eaters and they mostly attack if they feel threatened or scared. Of course if they wanted you dead you'd be dead. Yes, these are the things I often worry about living in Lincoln.

Actually, your chances of doing that and surviving are better than you think. Gorillas aren't meat eaters and they mostly attack if they feel threatened or scared. Of course if they wanted you dead you'd be dead. Yes, these are the things I often worry about living in Lincoln.

Thanks Dwight :)

ADVERTISEMENT