ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Now my water is off.

Some of you weirdos act like Cruz has some super generator that he could just turn on and give power back to everyone.
of all of the strange things leftist nutjobs focus to focus on
remember when hurricanes hit Texas a few years ago and they cheered it on, depicting them as nazis?

His wife said Ted let’s go to Cabo and warm up. Ted has the time off and the money and says ok honey we’ll go. Can’t blame him for that.

Some of you weirdos act like Cruz has some super generator that he could just turn on and give power back to everyone.
It is a totally normal human response to be angry with an elected official bailing on his constituents in the middle of a crisis. What is weird is to bend over backwards, or get down on your knees, whatever floats your boat, in order to defend said politician beyond all reasonable measure. I suppose it's also normal, according to your sycophantic defense, to smile like a bitch when someone insults your wife.

Reactions: tpmcg
remember when hurricanes hit Texas a few years ago and they cheered it on, depicting them as nazis?
I don't remember that. What fascist websites were you frequenting that showed people cheering? What I do remember is Hitleresque righties dressed up like a bunch of psycho nutjobs raid the U.S. capitol intent on murdering our VP. Yea, that's normal. I remember that pretty well. So does the world.

I don't remember that. What fascist websites were you frequenting that showed people cheering? What I do remember is Hitleresque righties dressed up like a bunch of psycho nutjobs raid the U.S. capitol intent on murdering our VP. Yea, that's normal. I remember that pretty well. So does the world.

Middle of the road. ha ha ha ha

Reactions: bshirt73
twitter

It happened years ago. Seems you have blinders on what it suits you
Seems you post random thoughts and the conservative minions on the board grunt and nod in approval. Let me try. Sometime, somewhere a bad thing happened and a bunch of convervotards cheered. Prove me wrong. Nope, no context or further explanation. I saw it on social media, so it's an indisputable fact.

Solid coming from a fascist troll. Keep spinning our conspiracy BS and defending extreme rightwing hacks, and I'll continue to own your fat ass all day long. You're just too stupid to realize that you've been had.

The difference is I have never defended those people who infiltrated the capitol. In fact I think it was a horrible thing and with the help of the media, it probably set the conservative movement back a few steps.

You don't own shit bro. You come on here and pretend to be some centrist, when once again you show your true liberal colors with the words you use and the causes you defend and back. Again, it is ok to say your a liberal, there are plenty of you out there. Just stop with the I am a middle of the road kind of guy stuff.

Seems you post random thoughts and the conservative minions on the board grunt and nod in approval. Let me try. Sometime, somewhere a bad thing happened and a bunch of convervotards cheered. Prove me wrong. Nope, no context or further explanation. I saw it on social media, so it's an indisputable fact.
get help

It is a totally normal human response to be angry with an elected official bailing on his constituents in the middle of a crisis. What is weird is to bend over backwards, or get down on your knees, whatever floats your boat, in order to defend said politician beyond all reasonable measure. I suppose it's also normal, according to your sycophantic defense, to smile like a bitch when someone insults your wife.

Well, I am not married but if I was and my wife was a bitch, I would be fine with someone calling her that.

Secondly, I don't like Ted, I don't much care for texas and I really don't care that it snowed there and they are freaking out.

I don't care that people are ripping on him. I just find it funny.

The difference is I have never defended those people who infiltrated the capitol. In fact I think it was a horrible thing and with the help of the media, it probably set the conservative movement back a few steps.

You don't own shit bro. You come on here and pretend to be some centrist, when once again you show your true liberal colors with the words you use and the causes you defend and back. Again, it is ok to say your a liberal, there are plenty of you out there. Just stop with the I am a middle of the road kind of guy stuff.
Stop stalking me bro. I'm sure I look liberal from your view in Auschwitz, but trust me, I am centrist. The problem is you are so far to the right that if I criticize Trump or Cruz I appear liberal. What you seem incapable of recognizing is those dudes are extremists. But most of what I respond to is the incessant "libtard" commentary on this board that is laughably misinformed. For as much as I argue with some folks, Dingle for example, at least he's cogent and thoughtful. I point out hypocrisy when it is blatant and no one else cares to comment because their politics are hyper partisan. You don't like it because you think I'm attacking someone whose politics you agree with.

That is also not normal.

Stop stalking me bro. I'm sure I look liberal from your view in Auschwitz, but trust me, I am centrist. The problem is you are so far to the right that if I criticize Trump or Cruz I appear liberal. What you seem incapable of recognizing is those dudes are extremists. But most of what I respond to is the incessant "libtard" commentary on this board that is laughably misinformed. For as much as I argue with some folks, Dingle for example, at least he's cogent and thoughtful. I point out hypocrisy when it is blatant and no one else cares to comment because their politics are hyper partisan. You don't like it because you think I'm attacking someone whose politics you agree with.

I am a Centaur and my brother is a Minataur.

have any complaints about Biden?

funny, I haven't seen you discuss any
Where's the discussion? I haven't seen any on Biden. The only things I've honestly responded to are existing political threads. I chimed in on this one because I live in Texas and it's a mess. I'm living it. I tried to make a joke of Cruz's vaca, and several people came to his defense, which set off half a day of posts.

Where's the discussion? I haven't seen any on Biden. The only things I've honestly responded to are existing political threads. I chimed in on this one because I live in Texas and it's a mess. I'm living it. I tried to make a joke of Cruz's vaca, and several people came to his defense, which set off half a day of posts.
Is Cruz's vaca worse than Trump getting 2 scoops of ice cream?
Which is the bigger scandal?

My internet was out for two days. Real hardship, I know. Came back up at 1:30 this morning. Woke up today and the water is off. No showers. No shaves (yes, I'm the lone male who still shaves). No water to flush toilets. Friend's power has been out for over two days now. He only lives a mile away. I'm currently melting snow on my stove top so I can have water to flush the toilets.

IeJYxpqh.jpg
So your water broke?

My internet was out for two days. Real hardship, I know. Came back up at 1:30 this morning. Woke up today and the water is off. No showers. No shaves (yes, I'm the lone male who still shaves). No water to flush toilets. Friend's power has been out for over two days now. He only lives a mile away. I'm currently melting snow on my stove top so I can have water to flush the toilets.

IeJYxpqh.jpg

I've joined the snow collecting club as well. In Austin, my power only went out twice, for a total of maybe three hours. But the water has been out for 48 hours. As pressure fell, I boiled water and filled some containers. Now I wish I had done more. Water goes pretty quickly when you don't have any for drinking, cooking, washing, etc.

We're actually stocked up on bottled drinking water from Austin's turbidity crisis of October 2018. But I'm conserving that for drinking, and not using it for hand-washing, toilets, or anything else. So I have spent eight hours over the last two days filling bathtubs with snow, melting snow on the stove, and trying to store as much as I can. Austin's water utility has said it is going to be days, not hours, until service is restored.

My wife went to HEB (Austin's monopoly grocery chain) and there was nothing on the shelves. This happens all the time around here. There are way too many Type-A personalities who hoard at the first sign of a crisis, and it takes stores weeks for stores to recover. This is probably the fifth time since Hurricane Harvey 3.5 years ago that the stores in Austin have been cleaned out. Thus, my emergency stores of toilet paper, drinking water, food, and pretty much everything else. But my emergency plan blew it on non-potable water. I'm going to have to put a 100-gallon tank in the garage for future emergencies.

Reactions: bigboxes
the problem for ted, is that he has excoriated others on the left for the exact same thing.
turnabout is fair play.

the extreme parts of both parties do the same thing. dont act like its a one sided phenomenon. the stupid people in both parties do it every day. there is no difference between them

the extreme parts of both parties do the same thing. dont act like its a one sided phenomenon. the stupid people in both parties do it every day. there is no difference between them
I agree. Both sides are stupid in their own special way

Reactions: WHCSC
How is this a left/right issue anyway?

Those dudes without power are pissed. They are taking it on on Ted, who really has nothing to do with it.
Who is out of power is really weird in Austin. One building in a complex is out of power and another in the same complex has had power for over a day. The bigger problem than electricity for many residents is the water. You can't buy it anywhere and there's none in the tap for many. My son hasn't had water for days. Hopefully the people's republic of Austin learns from this.

Reactions: JohnRossEwing

Sincerely curious.... what would you define as the center or a centrist political view at this point in time? What current politician represents the center?
To be clear, no sarcasm or rancor intended... as I believe message boards are Ill advised places to talk politics. As tone is difficult to convey

Reactions: ThereIsNoPlace
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT