OT: No Bacon?

rss428

Assistant Head Coach
Gold Member
Apr 12, 2017
This whole thing is ridiculous. I've never really seen farrowing crates as inhumane. What Californians don't realize is this will result in more piglets being laid on or eaten by the sow. Sows don't move around much as it is. Now increasing the size of the pens in confinements probably isn't the worst idea.

taptigers_tap

Blackshirt
Gold Member
Aug 3, 2006
So. Reading comprehension also not a strong subject either.

Neat, you found like minded people. Still the people of that state overwhelmingly chose this

I see you also don’t understand economics or civics, but to my knowledge, nobody is being “bailed out”. In fact, California is 38th most dependent on federal aid. The top ten states MOST dependent are New Mexico, And then 9 red states. This also doesn’t include the socialized farm subsidies, and payouts to farmers when tariffs backfire paid out to Midwest farmers.

your friends are in fact the minority in that state, and if they don’t like it, they should just move.
not my friends....again people we met along the way. The problem is the people from California are leaving their state! Stay there and fix your problems.

stan raymond

Defensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Apr 26, 2005
This whole thing is ridiculous. I've never really seen farrowing crates as inhumane. What Californians don't realize is this will result in more piglets being laid on or eaten by the sow. Sows don't move around much as it is. Now increasing the size of the pens in confinements probably isn't the worst idea.
Yep, without crates some sows will kill the piglets. Problem with nonfarmers making farming decisions.

LightningJack

Sophomore
Gold Member
Mar 19, 2002
A little ironic that the Cali's are all for treating the animals nicely for a while, wining and dining them and then... off with their heads so I can have me some bacon.
I'm gonna guess there are Alot of people when they voted on this thing, didn't know or read about it when it was on the ballot. They saw, oh we'll be nicer to animals before we eat them. Didn't even think of the of the potential backend cost. When they can't get Bacon or it triples in price, they'll wonder what happened.

Pork King

Redshirt Freshman
Gold Member
Dec 13, 2004
I'm gonna guess there are Alot of people when they voted on this thing, didn't know or read about it when it was on the ballot. They saw, oh we'll be nicer to animals before we eat them. Didn't even think of the of the potential backend cost. When they can't get Bacon or it triples in price, they'll wonder what happened.
Here is the exact language in the ballot.

The measure was intentionally vague. Might as well twisted it to say, a vote Yes means you are a good person. A vote no means you are a bad person.

nelsonj22

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Sep 27, 2014
But how much of that is chasing carcass numbers in the breeding programs with zero fvcks to mothering abilities?

Shit confinement piglets can't even be raise outside in the spring their breeding is so carcass driven they can't take cold at all.

JOHNNY N

Athletic Director
Sep 24, 2003

nelsonj22

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Sep 27, 2014
A little ironic that the Cali's are all for treating the animals nicely for a while, wining and dining them and then... off with their heads so I can have me some bacon.
So it's better to treat them like shit before they are slaughtered because they will die anyway?

As Joel Salatin says "sacrifice not sacrilege"

Latest posts