ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NFL Signs 11-Year, $90 Billion Media Rights Deal

John_J_Rambo

Offensive Coordinator
Jan 10, 2020
I thought these live rights were going to be worthless someday?

conferences will undoubtedly use this as ammo for their next round of turkey shoots

ESPN/ABC now in Super Bowl rotation, Amazon officially involved in Thurs Night Football

Reactions: TFrazier
more details..

EwyYjwIW8AE-3pY

• Wow
Now it just means we'll have more record breaking obscene player salary contracts.

Reactions: Reditus
I'll watch some games if there are no politics by the players. However if they are using the games to express political views of any kind during or before the games, then I am tuned out. They can say whatever they want on their own time away and separate from the games. JMO.

Why would Monday Night football be worth more than Sunday night football?

Usually if it isn’t your team playing watching football all day on Saturday and Sunday I ‘m burnt out watching football..

Monday’s always have had more Eye balls on the TV sets..

Usually if it isn’t your team playing watching football all day on Saturday and Sunday I ‘m burnt out watching football..

Monday’s always have had more Eye balls on the TV sets..
That's exactly right.

I thought these live rights were going to be worthless someday?

conferences will undoubtedly use this as ammo for their next round of turkey shoots

ESPN/ABC now in Super Bowl rotation, Amazon officially involved in Thurs Night Football

Incidently, the NCAAP now is attacking the NFL for awarding any broadcast rights to Fox. They claim Fox is a racist network and Black players don't want to be making any profit for that network. They want to get Fox censored and put out of business. True story.

Incidently, the NCAAP now is attacking the NFL for awarding any broadcast rights to Fox. They claim Fox is a racist network and Black players don't want to be making any profit for that network. They want to get Fox censored and put out of business. True story.
Cash is green. Only color that matters.

Reactions: WHCSC
thats a lot of money.
if you laid 90 billion dollars end to end, id bet itd take every bit of 90 billion seconds.
i dont watch a lot of nfl to make that worth their while.
is it true that the more segmented and parsed out viewers get, the more money advertisers pay per tv?
seems like it.
i really dont know what nfl ratings are doing, conventional wisdom tells me less are viewing.

Reactions: Reditus
You're right in the assumption that the numbers are down.

Breakdown of the main broadcast networks over 2020
ESPN’s Monday Night Football — down 3%
CBS Sunday — down 4%
Fox Sunday — down 6%
Fox Thursday Night Football — down 6%
NBC Sunday Night Football — down 16%

I haven't watched the NFL in years. But this is what I suspected (these numbers are probably skewed because of COVID and something my small brain doesn't understand)

thats a lot of money.
if you laid 90 billion dollars end to end, id bet itd take every bit of 90 billion seconds.
i dont watch a lot of nfl to make that worth their while.
is it true that the more segmented and parsed out viewers get, the more money advertisers pay per tv?
seems like it.
i really dont know what nfl ratings are doing, conventional wisdom tells me less are viewing.

You're right in the assumption that the numbers are down.

Breakdown of the main broadcast networks over 2020
ESPN’s Monday Night Football — down 3%
CBS Sunday — down 4%
Fox Sunday — down 6%
Fox Thursday Night Football — down 6%
NBC Sunday Night Football — down 16%

I haven't watched the NFL in years. But this is what I suspected (these numbers are probably skewed because of COVID and something my small brain doesn't understand)

COVID for sure. I watched less, but I'm an anomaly. My wife passed at the end of 2019. Stopped watching TV in general. Changed my life's focus for a bit.

Very good news for free agents in the very near future, the cap will explode up in 2 years, whichever team manages it best now will be in a prime spot.

ADVERTISEMENT