ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NFL making Broncos play

Oct 6, 2012
If ever a game should have been postponed this is the one. Another foolish move by an increasingly tone deaf organisation.

What the hell was the point?

Reactions: dinglefritz
If ever a game should have been postponed this is the one. Another foolish move by an increasingly tone deaf organisation.

IF nothing else the guys who were being held out because of contact tracing should have been able to play with a face covering. The contact tracing thing is very questionable at best. After all, a mask is the ultimate protection right?

I wish they would have bent a rule or two and allowed them to bring somebody in...not that it would have changed the outcome, or delayed/rescheduled the game all together.......seems odd they went forward and have to wonder if there is more to the story than we're aware of.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I wish they would have bent a rule or two and allowed them to bring somebody in...not that it would have changed the outcome, or delayed/rescheduled the game all together.......seems odd they went forward and have to wonder if there is more to the story than we're aware of.
They had to have had a camp arm in their training camp before the season at some point. Either that or a guy who has played in their offense before who was out of football. Made no sense given the circumstances associated with COVID. I suspect they'll have to address this issue in their rules in some form. I doubt it would have changed the outcome. Postponing the game would have made the most sense. Look at what they did for the Ravens. It's possible that the Broncos said, meh we don't have a shot anyway so let's just get it over with.

NFL to Elway: "Tell you what - Drew Lock can't play, but we'll allow you to suit up any of the other QBs you've drafted in the past 10 years."

Elway: "Uh... that's okay, we'll just go with our practice squad wide receiver."

Did I hear correctly they completed one pass?? If the O/U on that in Vegas was 1....I'd have lost bank betting the over.

NFL fined the best team in the NFC a half mill and took a draft pick for an illegal locker room celebration. Whatever the company line is, NFL brass will toe it. Donks should have expected nothing less.

It was hilarious. The wildcat was 50% of the offense. The QB was 1-9 for 13 yards and 2 Ints.

Just like B1G BS, bent over backwards 3 times now for the Ravens, yet donkeys have to play without a qb. If I was the Steelers I would demand the Ravens forfeit after moving game twice.

So what happens if we lose 13-14 players to injury?? We decide not to play? Forfeit.

Reactions: resdog851
Just like B1G BS, bent over backwards 3 times now for the Ravens, yet donkeys have to play without a qb. If I was the Steelers I would demand the Ravens forfeit after moving game twice.
It is BS. How many times did the NFL postpone the Patriots vs Bronco game because Cam Newton was positive for Wuhan? The NFL said it was a competitive issue with the Patriots, Titans and now the Ravens. Not sure how not having one QB isn't a competitive issue. The Saints received a gimme and that gimme will have ramifications for home field advantage in the NFC.

ADVERTISEMENT