ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NFL Draft Week

Todd McShay thinks 5 QBs will be taken in the first 9 picks

always interesting to see who's moving/shaking

NU probably back to having zero players selected for the 3rd time in the last 4 years
And Bama probably back to having a quarter of the 1st round picks for the 9th year in a row.

NU probably back to having zero players selected for the 3rd time in the last 4 years
The #6 and #7 QB's should be Davis Mills (Stanford) and Kellen Mond (Texas A & M).

Reactions: John_J_Rambo

Considering that QBs 3,4 and 5 might be a coin flip we shouldn't be too surprised. Was that you that was sure Trey Lance was going to the Niners? I think now that I know about Fields' epilepsy that might be more likely. Hopefully they knew about that before they traded up. Taking Fields is a gamble and I don't think you gamble with the third pick. Lance is a really good fit IMO for much of the things I've seen the Niners run last season. His lack of experience puts him in the gamble category as well for me. Jones is a fairly well proven guy against high level competition but probably has the lowest ceiling. It will be interesting to watch what they do and how they justify the pick. I'm kind of thinking they traded up to get Fields but then had second thoughts.

Considering that QBs 3,4 and 5 might be a coin flip we shouldn't be too surprised. Was that you that was sure Trey Lance was going to the Niners? I think now that I know about Fields' epilepsy that might be more likely. Hopefully they knew about that before they traded up. Taking Fields is a gamble and I don't think you gamble with the third pick. Lance is a really good fit IMO for much of the things I've seen the Niners run last season. His lack of experience puts him in the gamble category as well for me. Jones is a fairly well proven guy against high level competition but probably has the lowest ceiling. It will be interesting to watch what they do and how they justify the pick. I'm kind of thinking they traded up to get Fields but then had second thoughts.
I just heard today that the 49er player eval staff wants Lantz but Shanahan wants Mac Jones.

will be very interesting, as always.

Reactions: dinglefritz

I'm the one who said Lance to the Niners when they made that move.

Trask with roughly equal talent see what he does vs when his top flight teammates step off the field.

would be excited if my team could get him 2nd or 3rd round.

Reactions: dinglefritz
My Chiefs already drafted their 1st rounder in LT Orlando Brown. Great trade in my opinion. You only have a 3-6 year window and they are in year 4 so they only have the next two or three years before CAP HELL is in full effect. Spend it all now and pay later, for a superbowl its worth it.

Totally upset with Gruden for picking a 2nd 3rd rounder 17th overall, I wanted Caleb Farley or Jamin Davis.

Excited the Steelers got their man at RB. Harris being there is a steal for them. Perfect fit and is ready to be a weapon in the passing game catching and blocking.

Cole Payton next?

NDSU churns out NFL QBs. Huskers, meanwhile.......
Some of NDSU's success in turning out NFL QBs is playing so much under center and a more pro style offense. They recruit under the radar physically talented kids and then let them develop confidence behind a mature offensive line.

Some of NDSU's success in turning out NFL QBs is playing so much under center and a more pro style offense. They recruit under the radar physically talented kids and then let them develop confidence behind a mature offensive line.
as opposed to recruiting all-over-the-radar physically talented kids who regress behind sieves.

seems maybe like a strategy a program that's let 2(!) of these QBs walk right out of the backyard while floundering in their attempt to keep up with the Joneses should employ.

then again, what do I know. I just post here.

I am, however, extraordinarily confident that NDSU has been courting Flores while frost continues his years-long, nation-wide search for the 2nd coming of Milton.

gee, who could ever guess how that's going to end?

It seems we go over this same plowed ground all the time. Yes there are always exceptions, yes sometimes people do work harder than others, yes sometimes 18 year old males are not fully mature BUT - the key piece no matter what is someone has to see the ability and develop it. For every one we hear about there are hundreds who bomb out. Show me some development in players at all positions.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT