ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NASCAR in Chicago: Over/Unders

Badger Pete

Walk On
Dec 22, 2013
This is going to be a S#$&-Show of epic proportions.

- Murders on Saturday night, the day before the Cup Race: 12

- Number of cars knocked out of race before 5th lap: 10

- Number of lawsuits filed against city of Chicago after race: 23

- Number of “Youts” wrecking havoc near Grant Park race area on Friday and Saturday night about midnight: 2,354. Special Parlay Play: Number of store front windows smashed: 180

- City of Chicago net profit of event: -$85,000,000 (yea that’s a negative)

Why would redneck nation go to Chicago? Not sure I would want to go there for any activity... I see many problems with this. There are going to be many Rebel Flags on display with Antifa making their presence known and seen. Nothing good will come of this.

Nothing To See Here GIF by Giphy QA

Reactions: huntered
Why would redneck nation go to Chicago? Not sure I would want to go there for any activity... I see many problems with this. There are going to be many Rebel Flags on display with Antifa making their presence known and seen. Nothing good will come of this.
NASCAR's were not made to street race. It's a really stupid idea especially in Chicago.

Reactions: dkbowley388
NASCAR lost touch with its base in an attempt to maximize sponsorship dollars.

NASCAR is Bristol, not Chicago.
It's a story of greed, as usual. Could NASCAR have continued to be a very successful business by catering to their regional fanbase that liked to drink beer and "watch'em run?" Sure. But, they went corporate. I guess the people that matter are still making tons of money, but it's basically unwatchable in my opinion. Do you know Cleetus Macfarland, the guy from Omaha that is pretending to be a Florida redneck and is making bank promoting races using fleets of old Crown Vics and Ford Rangers? Smart guy.

It would take a list.... the likes of which would rival the Dead Sea Scrolls.... to list all the dumb shit moves Nascar pulled to get to where it is today....bottom line for me is, it used to be must watch TV, Saturday Night under the lights at Bristol was Christmas for us rednecks....now? I can barely name 3 drivers, in fact I can't...and they will never get me back. But hey, that Bubba Smollett guy is supposed to be pretty good. Hahahaha. Barely got that out.

It would take a list.... the likes of which would rival the Dead Sea Scrolls.... to list all the dumb shit moves Nascar pulled to get to where it is today....bottom line for me is, it used to be must watch TV, Saturday Night under the lights at Bristol was Christmas for us rednecks....now? I can barely name 3 drivers, in fact I can't...and they will never get me back. But hey, that Bubba Smollett guy is supposed to be pretty good. Hahahaha. Barely got that out.
I bet the old time drivers would even disagree with you. They would like a chance to win a lot a money instead of the case of motor oil they were racing for before a Jeff Gordon came on the seen.

Reactions: redfanusa
I bet the old time drivers would even disagree with you. They would like a chance to win a lot a money instead of the case of motor oil they were racing for before a Jeff Gordon came on the seen.

Wait...you're saying workers like to make more money?? NO FREAKING WAY!!!!!

4 of the last 5 years TV viewership has been down....several tracks in this same time period have had record low turnouts for fan attendance, so I'm not the only one who has turned that page....in summary, I ain't saying it's dead, but it is to me, which is what my post was about....but I also don't care of others think it's the greatest thing ever....to each their own

If both groups come out in full force, the rednecks, who just love racing and watching the cars rub and drink a lot of beer, and then the antifa, mindset group of people are on the other side, yelling and complaining and whining about everything, it won’t be the 68 convention, but it should make for some memorable pictures and some crazy ass stories.

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
I’ll sit this one out and stay in the burbs. I’m good without nascar, Antifa, rednecks, all flags not Stars and Stripes, and anyone else that wants to stir up shit on either side of the fence. Going to a Chicago Dogs game with family and a group of friends. But yes, there will be murders, but not at that event.. Decent weather and holidays in Chicago are a recipe for increased deaths.

Reactions: baseball31ne
Race hasn’t started in Chicago but the S#$&-SHOW begins. 1 death already, soon to be followed by a lawsuit for sure.

I mean, it sounds like that wasn't a "Chicago" issue and could've happened anywhere a large event is being staged. Unless we hear later that gangbanger sniper got him. But yeah, probably a lawsuit (also not unique to Chicago).

I’ll sit this one out and stay in the burbs. I’m good without nascar, Antifa, rednecks, all flags not Stars and Stripes, and anyone else that wants to stir up shit on either side of the fence. Going to a Chicago Dogs game with family and a group of friends. But yes, there will be murders, but not at that event.. Decent weather and holidays in Chicago are a recipe for increased deaths.
Was in the burbs this weekend...not a lot of talk about the nascar thing but it will bring in millions to the businesses, that is for sure.

It's called esg. Rebel flags are outlawed by nascar for same reason. There's a push to expand presence with brown and black skinned people. Voluntarily or forced I don't know. Suarez has been fairly receptive by Mexicans. Not sure about Bubba but he definitely gets more nascar publicity than guys that consistently finish better. You asked and that's the way I see it. I've been a nascar fan since the 80s but I am starting to get disillusioned as I have been with all other pro sports. Just play the game and leave the other stuff alone. We have to on here.

Watching the Chicago rain delayed race via dvr. They sure got thrown a curve ball with 2 inches of rain...I'm sure grain prices will be down hard tonight because the traders got rain.
I'm sure we'll hear a lot of drivers complain but it is actually an interesting race. Separating the men from the boys imo. Who can deal with all tracks and conditions other than cookie cutter perfect.

Kyle Larson continues to amaze me week to week. Guys just "a racer ". We'll see how it ends. All laps or called by darkness

Watching the Chicago rain delayed race via dvr. They sure got thrown a curve ball with 2 inches of rain...I'm sure grain prices will be down hard tonight because the traders got rain.
I'm sure we'll hear a lot of drivers complain but it is actually an interesting race. Separating the men from the boys imo. Who can deal with all tracks and conditions other than cookie cutter perfect.

Kyle Larson continues to amaze me week to week. Guys just "a racer ". We'll see how it ends. All laps or called by darkness
Gonna end race early due to late start

Not really seeing any safer barrier. b1g kicking NU again 😆

Interesting race and congrats to the new zealander on the victory and Haley crew chief gutsy call to pit early and expect shorten race.

It's called esg. Rebel flags are outlawed by nascar for same reason. There's a push to expand presence with brown and black skinned people. Voluntarily or forced I don't know. Suarez has been fairly receptive by Mexicans. Not sure about Bubba but he definitely gets more nascar publicity than guys that consistently finish better. You asked and that's the way I see it. I've been a nascar fan since the 80s but I am starting to get disillusioned as I have been with all other pro sports. Just play the game and leave the other stuff alone. We have to on here.
Maybe they have grandeurs of F1... Bubba is a punk and will never amount to @%$^&, I lost all respect for him with the rope incident. I followed NASCAR avidly during 90's- late 10's but lost interest. I watch some but with the new stages they use it has lost appeal to me. The pits need to be part of the race, and now they are not.

Reactions: baseball31ne
As a Chicagoan I generally hate fests and events that clog up street arteries. Sounds like folks were pretty annoyed as they began closing streets 2 weeks before. Watching the first 3 laps looked like endless wrecks

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT