ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Mystery drones across Nebraska

sloth316

Senior
Jun 24, 2002
Has anyone spotted one of these drones? Several reported flying over Kearney, Axtell, Broken Bow, Orleans, Alma....seems too coincidental to be some turd’s new Christmas toy but weird the source has yet to be identified...starting to feel like some Art Bell/George Noory level s**t here

The FAA denies knowing anything about it.... none of this makes since... the FAA is very serious about protecting air space and I'd think the government would be all over this....since no one seems to know anything about the drones, shoot one or two down & we’ll soon find out the owners.
Haven’t heard anything about drones anywhere outside of Colorado and a few western Nebraska counties, and while the FAA is investigating, the news stories clearly say that they have all been seen flying in government/federal air space.

Haven’t heard anything about drones anywhere outside of Colorado and a few western Nebraska counties, and while the FAA is investigating, the news stories clearly say that they have all been seen flying in government/federal air space.
We’re they black and gold? Probably coming out of Boulder to spy on our program. Laughing

not related to drones, but saw Air Force One (or its' backup) sitting on the tarmac at a small private airport here in palm beach 2 days ago, then had a V22 osprey fly over the house last night. I live about 16 miles from his Mar a Lago place. Just seemed kind of weird with those sightings in back to back days with all this Iran business going on.

Reactions: huskerfan66
6 foot wing span,running in groups of 8 -20.Doing grid patterns,speculation is a Oil and Gas company mapping for drilling but so far no one has come forward to claim ownership !

Reactions: NikkiSixx
Most likely some kind of military exercise IMO but they want to deny some secret program. No casual user is going to be playing with that many multiple expensive drones and any commercial company likely would be operating in the daylight and having already registered their activity with the FAA.

6 foot wing span,running in groups of 8 -20.Doing grid patterns,speculation is a Oil and Gas company mapping for drilling but so far no one has come forward to claim ownership !
This is my guess. Some surveying/mapping going on.

Reactions: TheBeav815
so, my little sis puts warheads on foreheads,... and I'm okay with that!

- my guess is AFA expanded their Jump & Gliders school curriculum

The FAA denies knowing anything about it.... none of this makes since... the FAA is very serious about protecting air space and I'd think the government would be all over this....since no one seems to know anything about the drones, shoot one or two down & we’ll soon find out the owners.

Don't shoot it down, you can get in serious, serious trouble for doing that.

Reactions: huskers360
That’d be an rc boat
iu

sloth316 said:

Has anyone spotted one of these drones? Several reported flying over Kearney, Axtell, Broken Bow, Orleans, Alma....seems too coincidental to be some turd’s new Christmas toy but weird the source has yet to be identified...starting to feel like some Art Bell/George Noory level s**t here[/quote]

The drones are part of the 500 mile recruiting strategy. Lock down all the small towns without having to travel to every single location. Pretty smart, actually.

Last edited:
not related to drones, but saw Air Force One (or its' backup) sitting on the tarmac at a small private airport here in palm beach 2 days ago, then had a V22 osprey fly over the house last night. I live about 16 miles from his Mar a Lago place. Just seemed kind of weird with those sightings in back to back days with all this Iran business going on.

I was in Palm Beach a few days ago and A1A was closed around Mar A Lago. Police/Secret service was securing the roads and the Coast Guard was protecting the waterways.

I also drove over the Sanibel bridge and saw the Coast Guard and police boats. Pence must be there?

Was taking yesterday with a coworker who lives out near Ogallala. He says he has seen them about every night for the last 10-12 days. You can’t really get great videos of them as they only go out at night and only have a few blinking lights on them, but if you catch the moon in line with them you can definitely tell they are drones. He was telling me that they move really fast when going back to wherever they are coming from. People have tried to drive and follow them, but even driving 70 on the interstate, they move too fast and they lose them.

Thayer county accessor hired a company a couple years ago to fly over the county. I guess they were looking for more things to tax. I mentioned to the accessor if I saw one over my place it’s coming down, she told me I would get into legal trouble.

Reactions: huskerfan66
No way these are a group of people screwing around, as most wouldn't have that kind of cash to spend on them, no way they could keep doing it night after night...if somebody put a gun to my head, i'm saying military but then then obvious question...why??

Reactions: huskerfan1414

Why?

I hadn't heard about this. This is crazy! They estimate each one costs 20,000 - 50,000. These arent kids playing around
100% speculation. Wonder if it is either large companies like Amazon testing to see viability of using them to deliver. Or government running test programs to see how to regulate drone "air space"

Here a some article regarding it. Sounds like might be for large scale drilling/ mining or agriculture uses. To map out large area potential "targets" Articles say if they are being used for that, they are breaking no current laws as airspace is not owned by any farmers or land owners.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/01/us/drones-FAA-colorado-nebraska.html
https://time.com/5757819/drones-colorado-nebraska/
https://www.kearneyhub.com/news/sta...cle_6fa8f429-639e-568c-a977-b9114e3b8dd1.html

Last edited:
Most likely some kind of military exercise IMO but they want to deny some secret program. No casual user is going to be playing with that many multiple expensive drones and any commercial company likely would be operating in the daylight and having already registered their activity with the FAA.

That would be my guess. The future of warfare.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT