ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Mountain West Announces Football Scheduling Agreement With Oregon State and Washington State

VandallHuskerJulie

First Team All-Big Ten
Oct 13, 2001
COLORADO SPRINGS, Co. – The Mountain West Conference announced today a football scheduling agreement for the 2024 season between the Mountain West, Oregon State University, Washington State University, and the Pac-12 Conference.

Next season, all 12 MW teams will play seven traditional Conference football games in addition to one contest against either Washington State or Oregon State for a total of eight games (four home and four away). The games against OSU and WSU will not count toward the conference standings, and neither Pac-12 school is eligible for the MW championship game. The Mountain West is currently working on the football schedule and will release matchups soon.

Mountain West Conference

COLORADO SPRINGS, Co. – The Mountain West Conference announced today a football scheduling agreement for the 2024 season between the Mountain West, Oregon State University, Washington State University, and the Pac-12 Conference.

Don't they mean the Pac-2 Conference? So Oregon State and Washington State will play each other for the championship?

Don't they mean the Pac-2 Conference? So Oregon State and Washington State will play each other for the championship?
They will be treated as independents. The winner of the PAC 2 doesn't get an automatic bid to the playoffs unless they are ranked high enough for an at large bid.

Next season, all 12 MW teams will play seven traditional Conference football games in addition to one contest against either Washington State or Oregon State for a total of eight games (four home and four away). The games against OSU and WSU will not count toward the conference standings, and neither Pac-12 school is eligible for the MW championship game. The Mountain West is currently working on the football schedule and will release matchups soon.

Mountain West Conference
What other choice do Oregon State and Washington State have? Eventually I expect the Mountain West to merge into a new PAC conference.

But can't have ccg with less than 10 teams, correct? So it would be for conference champion but considered regular season game. I gotta look to see the rest of their schedule.

But can't have ccg with less than 10 teams, correct? So it would be for conference champion but considered regular season game. I gotta look to see the rest of their schedule.
Beavers only confirmed games are Idaho st, Boise st and Purdue. Add the 7 MW and wazzu st and there you go

This may end up being a great thing for them in the long run. I would laugh my ass off if those two ended up getting in the playoffs in the near future and the ones that baled are setting at home.

It's going to be a lot harder for those two remaining PAC programs to compete against big boy programs. The PAC or Mountain West, whatever it's called, won't be equivalent to the P5 PAC of the past. Less money by a long shot obviously, less prestige so hard to compete for the top talent in coaches, HS recruits or portal transfers.

Reactions: moralvictories
It's going to be a lot harder for those two remaining PAC programs to compete against big boy programs. The PAC or Mountain West, whatever it's called, won't be equivalent to the P5 PAC of the past. Less money by a long shot obviously, less prestige so hard to compete for the top talent in coaches, HS recruits or portal transfers.
Pretty much a death sentence for Washington State and Oregon State football.

But man did those two programs do a hell of a job this year. Oregon State and Washington State both took UW down to the wire.
I think they HAD good coaching but now can't retain good coaches for long.

But man did those two programs do a hell of a job this year. Oregon State and Washington State both took UW down to the wire.
They both kicked the crap out of Colorado two, another positive for those two programs. Maybe if the ACC loses members in the next round of conference realignment, Oregon State and Washington State might receive invitations to the ACC to replace departing members. That would be their best hope.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT