ADVERTISEMENT

OT - More Good Vaccine News

What better way to build public confidence in a vaccine than to spread completely baseless accusations about a public official rigging the process to make a stock score?

Can't really imagine what motivates someone to do this. Is getting an internet reacharound tuggy from the echo chamber really that much of a thrill?

What better way to build public confidence in a vaccine than to spread completely baseless accusations about a public official rigging the process to make a stock score?

Can't really imagine what motivates someone to do this. Is getting an internet reacharound tuggy from the echo chamber really that much of a thrill?
Whether we want to admit it or not, virtually all public bureaucrats have private stock holdings in addition to their retirement funds. While I don't think Fauci is worried at all about his stock portfolio, I can tell your from personal experience that drug companies do in fact at the very least try to influence policy and purchasing decisions by the way they direct research funding and HONORARIUMS for speaking. It's fairly subtle and some of it has been reined in but they still spend millions of dollars on trying to influence bureaucrats and Dr.s.

Last edited:
Two vaccines, same mRNA platform. Pfizer's vaccine will be more logistically difficult to deliver, as it requires ultra-low temps for storage, whereas the Moderna vaccine requires -20C. The NIH had a committee conduct an independent analysis of Moderna's data.
I was excited when I first heard about Moderna's approach as well, but heard some criticisms, mainly that they had not ever successfully produced anything yet with their technology. Then read about a horrible work environment, massive churn in top scientists, all seemingly driven on the CEO's desire for the stock to explode in price.

I don't know what necessarily to believe about them, but if they are cutting corners and are 'hell bent' on a specific outcome, it might not be the safest option.

I did find this interesting site awhile back that talks about each vaccine and a little bit about their approach and the progress being made.

https://www.statnews.com/feature/coronavirus/drugs-vaccines-tracker/?utm_campaign=cv_landing

Reactions: dinglefritz
Then why do you post this garbage?
Because it's the real world. Government bureaucrats don't live and work in a vacuum. Fauci has been on the public dole for decades and he no doubt has been courted by numerous huge drug companies. Don't think for a minute that bureaucrats aren't influenced by large drug companies. Pfizer in particular is a GIANT in the pharmaceutical world. They've been working medical school channels for decades funding research at likely every medical school in the U.S. Might that make it a little easier or quicker to get a vaccine approved? I know that their name still holds great credibility with me versus some upstart med tech company in part due to my experience with their products provided free to us in school.

Some really scary stuff on Parler about likely side effects of these vaccinations from real doctors. No one that actually read this stuff would EVER get vaccinated. This isnt going away with a vaccine, like the flu it will be here to stay as it changes.

Reactions: ADV1 and huntered
Because it's the real world. Government bureaucrats don't live and work in a vacuum. Fauci has been on the public dole for decades and he no doubt has been courted by numerous huge drug companies. Don't think for a minute that bureaucrats aren't influenced by large drug companies. Pfizer in particular is a GIANT in the pharmaceutical world. They've been working medical school channels for decades funding research at likely every medical school in the U.S. Might that make it a little easier or quicker to get a vaccine approved? I know that their name still holds great credibility with me versus some upstart med tech company in part due to my experience with their products provided free to us in school.
Perhaps Fauci has been courted by big drug companies. But what evidence do you have that he's manipulating the vaccine approval process to get rich on a stock? And if you have no evidence, why would you continue to spew that kind of dipshittery?

Reactions: CameronKrazie86
Perhaps Fauci has been courted by big drug companies. But what evidence do you have that he's manipulating the vaccine approval process to get rich on a stock? And if you have no evidence, why would you continue to spew that kind of dipshittery?
I wasn't spewing dipshittery nor was I saying that Fauci was going to get rich on a stock. I can guarandamnedtee you with 99% certainty that he and probably all of his co-workers have Pfizer stock in either retirement funds or other holdings.

The point of the post was to point out the real world facts.

Some really scary stuff on Parler about likely side effects of these vaccinations from real doctors. No one that actually read this stuff would EVER get vaccinated. This isnt going away with a vaccine, like the flu it will be here to stay as it changes.
Likely side effects versus common side effects are two entirely different things. There is NO good reason to not take a COVID vaccine. Your odds from having a bad outcome from getting the wild virus are probably 10,000 times greater than from taking the vaccine. Those Dr.s' know that.

Reactions: SeaOfRed75
I wasn't spewing dipshittery nor was I saying that Fauci was going to get rich on a stock. I can guarandamnedtee you with 99% certainty that he and probably all of his co-workers have Pfizer stock in either retirement funds or other holdings.

The point of the post was to point out the real world facts.
So, someone hacked into your account and posted this big bucket of tribal political horse shit?

https://nebraska.forums.rivals.com/threads/herd-immunity-math.276165/page-4#post-6254822
dinglefritz said:
My suspicion is that Dr. Fauci has some very large holdings of a certain pharmaceutical company and he'll do his best to make sure that their vaccine is the first one approved for use in the U.S.

Reactions: CameronKrazie86
for whatever it's worth, I heard that the Pfizer vaccine had a side effect similar to that of a major hangover..

so that shouldn't scare many here Laughing

• Haha
Reactions: SkerInCo
Maybe a silly question... when available how will we get it? Will employers make it available (my company has historically offered onsite free flu vaccine)? Will you just go to a doc in a box or Walgreens? I would think the rush from consumers will be insane

Two vaccines, same mRNA platform. Pfizer's vaccine will be more logistically difficult to deliver, as it requires ultra-low temps for storage, whereas the Moderna vaccine requires -20C. The NIH had a committee conduct an independent analysis of Moderna's data.
I'm sure it depends on which vaccine. The Pfizer vaccine requires super cold storage capabilities so it may be limited to sites that can handle that. The Moderna vaccine requires refrigeration but like that of other vaccines so it likely will be available where you get other vaccinations including doctor's offices, drug stores, etc. But the rollout is already being staged and will be expedited by FEMA.

It's interesting in how much good news there is on the vaccine front ALL falling after the election. Coincidence? Nope. All of America should give Trump a thank you for kicking the CDC in the ass and funding Operation Warp Speed. Without Trump pushing the buttons this would never have gotten done.
so, is it ok to blame whoever might be the president at the time of injection on any and all untoward side effects? uncontrollled emotional hissy fits all fine?

Maybe a silly question... when available how will we get it? Will employers make it available (my company has historically offered onsite free flu vaccine)? Will you just go to a doc in a box or Walgreens? I would think the rush from consumers will be insane
due to how it has to be stored, I kinda think it wont be at remote office locations like you mentioned. It will be at facilities that are equipped to store stuff at those temps.

Reactions: scarletred
due to how it has to be stored, I kinda think it wont be at remote office locations like you mentioned. It will be at facilities that are equipped to store stuff at those temps.
Storage will not be a problem. I've heard of storage installed at one large hospital recently for a cost of less than $8,000. For heaven's sake we ship frozen cattle embyros half way around the world at a similar temperature. Transportation and storage is not nearly the dilemma some want to make it.

Reactions: huntered
Storage will not be a problem. I've heard of storage installed at one large hospital recently for a cost of less than $8,000. For heaven's sake we ship frozen cattle embyros half way around the world at a similar temperature. Transportation and storage is not nearly the dilemma some want to make it.
Yeah. Medical Facilities won’t have much of a problem. I was referring to having remote clinics at your place of work, like a school or law office. Unless of course you work at at a medical facility (dr office, hospital, pharmacy, etc)

Yeah. Medical Facilities won’t have much of a problem. I was referring to having remote clinics at your place of work, like a school or law office. Unless of course you work at at a medical facility (dr office, hospital, pharmacy, etc)
I suspect there will be the ability to have remote vaccinations clinics. It won't be as easy as flu shots but it won't be as tough as some want us to think.

We ship cattle embryos. But not 300 million cattle embryos. Large hospitals will have at least one -80C freezer. But you're right about temp not being an issue compared to the logistics involved in vaccinating over 250 million people.

I suspect there will be the ability to have remote vaccinations clinics. It won't be as easy as flu shots but it won't be as tough as some want us to think.
Travel Trailers or something like that. Can put a few of the freezers in a truck I guess and then either have people go out to the truck to get their vaccine or bring a few in at a time. They did say they could be stored at a warmer temp for a short period of time.

real doctors are not posting comments on Parler. Real doctors do not comment on potential side effects. You need to turn off the social media. It is more inaccurate than accurate
if the end, the vaccine that we will all be getting annually won't be either one of the 2 mentioned in this thread. there are better ones in the pipeline.

spoke to a practicing Oncologist (real doctor) recently who said we'll all get it, the likelihood of reinfection is essentially zero (something like 4 people worldwide have been confirmed to have contracted multiple cases), and this vaccine is being shamelessly pushed onto the public

FWIW

Travel Trailers or something like that. Can put a few of the freezers in a truck I guess and then either have people go out to the truck to get their vaccine or bring a few in at a time. They did say they could be stored at a warmer temp for a short period of time.
We already have mobile cardiac catheterization labs mounted on semi-trailers. This is not going to be a big problem we refrigerated vaccine sent and kept in Africa at similar temperatures using arktek coolers etc. This will be in a larger scale but I'm quite sure that the guy running Operation Warp Speed has that figured out already.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT