ADVERTISEMENT

OT - More Covid Vaccine News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would anyone want a 66% drug if you have a 99%+ chance of survival?

As I mentioned in the other thread. The 99% survival/1% death rate narrative is not the full story. Doctors are seeing roughly 10% of COVID patients are longhaulers. Some may recover in a year, some may take decades, some may never fully recover. This is not black and white. Just because you don’t die doesn’t mean every thing is fine and you just move on with life. There are a fair percentage of people who will struggle to do even the most basic tasks for the rest of their lives because of COVID. Again, “Congrats, you survived COVID. You’ll never be able to walk up the stairs or do the laundry without pulling an oxygen tank behind you, but HEY! You‘re part of the 99% survival rate!”

My friend’s uncle received the vaccination. He was shot and died while walking back to his car. They labeled his death as ‘allergic reaction to vaccination’.
Well he had it coming. Pimps don't like it when John doesn't pay for his employees services. This isn't a credit union we're running here.

• Wow
Reactions: dinglefritz
As I mentioned in the other thread. The 99% survival/1% death rate narrative is not the full story. Doctors are seeing roughly 10% of COVID patients are longhaulers. Some may recover in a year, some may take decades, some may never fully recover. This is not black and white. Just because you don’t die doesn’t mean every thing is fine and you just move on with life. There are a fair percentage of people who will struggle to do even the most basic tasks for the rest of their lives because of COVID. Again, “Congrats, you survived COVID. You’ll never be able to walk up the stairs or do the laundry without pulling an oxygen tank behind you, but HEY! You‘re part of the 99% survival rate!”
This level of whataboutism and zero illness tolerance is next level insanity.

People have had lingering effects from all kinds of illnesses. Even the cold.

I mean look at Dingle, he's had pneumonia twice and once more he's done for.

The percentage of people hospitalized is a very small percent and the vast majority are very old, frail and ill. And you're saying 90% of them recover without lingering issues but we need to worry about 10% of an already small percentage?

how can we truly know any vaccine’s real effectiveness if many will not even sign up to take one?
only 15% of OK has signed up and its full of commorbidities.

how can we truly know any vaccine’s real effectiveness if many will not even sign up to take one?

There will still be plenty of people inoculated to study.

I’m not against all vaccines in general. I won’t be taking this one any time soon. You cannot blame anyone for being skeptical of a first time mRNA “vaccine” in human history. There could be negative effects to this that don’t happen for 10 years. There is simply no way to know that right now.

What is absolutely terrifying in a much bigger picture sense: I’m part of this millennial group on Facebook and 80% of those people are legitimately pissed off that anyone is allowed to *leave their home* without being vaccinated...with a brand new shot that’s been out for <6 months. I fully expect these people to be wearing 2 masks, to stay updated with the “latest science”. Amazingly, I haven’t seen one of those walking around yet, and I get out a LOT due to my business.

Reactions: bshirt73
And the Noravax vaccine is out with some new information. They say that their vaccine (which uses an older tech, not the mRNA) is showing to be around 89% effective not terribly different than the two U.S. approved vaccines. They also claim that they will be able to ramp up production to about 2 Billion doses per year once approved (approval is at least 2 months away in the US).

Assuming approval, this vaccine probably will be a big player in India. Those people who are afraid of the new mRNA tech in the US might also be interested.

Because they did a trial... And out of 30,000, during a pandemic with the most contagious virus in 100 years, only 20 people had the wuflu. 19 were "protected" so they say it's 95% effective.

It's on its way out. Local politicians are having a hard time propping up their lies any longer. OK fine, get on with your lives. Everyone still wear 4 masks though, JIC.
These local politicians should stop using science and facts and just subscribe to a snake oil salesman with his own Youtube channel. Then they would get it right. The entire world is wrong on this and that guy on Youtube is right.

I’m not against all vaccines in general. I won’t be taking this one any time soon. You cannot blame anyone for being skeptical of a first time mRNA “vaccine” in human history. There could be negative effects to this that don’t happen for 10 years. There is simply no way to know that right now.

What is absolutely terrifying in a much bigger picture sense: I’m part of this millennial group on Facebook and 80% of those people are legitimately pissed off that anyone is allowed to *leave their home* without being vaccinated...with a brand new shot that’s been out for <6 months. I fully expect these people to be wearing 2 masks, to stay updated with the “latest science”. Amazingly, I haven’t seen one of those walking around yet, and I get out a LOT due to my business.
My one concern with your post is, what long term effects from an nRNA vaccine are you fearing? As someone with a doctorate in a field that has dealt with virology, vaccines and epidemiology for over 35 years I can assure you that there will be no long term effects from an nRNA vaccine that wouldn't be possible with a traditional vaccine. Traditional vaccine contains the complete RNA of a virus. Logically giving much LESS RNA material from the parts of the virus that cause virulence should be MUCH safer than giving whole virus.

I know a millennial med student and his financial services professional wife. Young, healthy and both absilutely terrified of covid.

The wife has taken to working from home permanently. Deathly afraid of their 10 person office. Will not go out unless absolutely necessary, all food is delivered and sanitized immediately. The vaccine is their messiah. We just shake our heads.

These local politicians should stop using science and facts and just subscribe to a snake oil salesman with his own Youtube channel. Then they would get it right. The entire world is wrong on this and that guy on Youtube is right.
My science guys > than their science guys. How many masks you wearing? I suspect the oxygen to your brain has been compromised.

Remember when Robert Redfield, the head of the CDC, said masks offer better protection than the vaccine?

I sure do.

My science guys > than their science guys. How many masks you wearing? I suspect the oxygen to your brain has been compromised.
Actually, masks do not cut off oxygen. You shouldn't believe everything you see on the interwebs.

You serious bro?
No! Just kidding! That's why people with masks are always turning blue and gasping for air. The smart ones poke their noses out. They look like idiots but they're really being safe because understand the true dangers of mask wearing.

No! Just kidding! That's why people with masks are always turning blue and gasping for air. The smart ones poke their noses out. They look like idiots but they're really being safe because understand the true dangers of mask wearing.
Your reasoning is sound. Ima wear 10 masks but leave my nose unobstructed. People walking down the grocery aisle gonna smile and nod at this woke mfer.

Your reasoning is sound. Ima wear 10 masks but leave my nose unobstructed. People walking down the grocery aisle gonna smile and nod at this woke mfer.
I saw an enlightened woman in HyVee. She dressed a bit like a homeless woman, but what stood out was that she was wearing a mask with her nose and mouth exposed. Chin mask? Nope, she was doing something new-- started in Appalachia I believe-- it's the mustache mask. Her mask was "on" but she was able to save herself from the gamma rays and alpha dusts, not to mention near certain oxygen restriction.

i dont think i've given up any important freedoms. Many of us, if not most, are willing to make some personal sacrifices if it helps only a tiny bit in preventing others suffering defined as death, hospitalization, or long term adverse events.
you are all caught up in yourself. Thats not what america is about.

Define "important". I assume freedom of speech is not important to you or is it only important for certain group think people?

Some anti-vaxxers are pointing out that Rep. Stephen Lynch tested positive for Covid-19 AFTER he received two doses of the Pfizer vaccine as proof that they were right. The problem though with that argument is that it was always stated that up to 5% of those vaccinated could still get Covid. He's obviously in that 5% group. But it was also stated that those in the 5% would have very mild cases if they got Covid and not risk hospitalization. And that's exactly the situation with Lynch - he's asymptomatic and feeling fine with no outward effects. So the vaccine in fact did do its job as promised.

Some anti-vaxxers are pointing out that Rep. Stephen Lynch tested positive for Covid-19 AFTER he received two doses of the Pfizer vaccine as proof that they were right. The problem though with that argument is that it was always stated that up to 5% of those vaccinated could still get Covid. He's obviously in that 5% group. But it was also stated that those in the 5% would have very mild cases if they got Covid and not risk hospitalization. And that's exactly the situation with Lynch - he's asymptomatic and feeling fine with no outward effects. So the vaccine in fact did do its job as promised.
Which makes you wonder why the heck he was tested in the first place. I'm pretty sure I don't go to the doctor to see if I have a hemorrhoid unless my butthole isn't itchy.

Now we just have more panic because a guy that was vaccinated has a virus that isn't affecting his life whatsoever. Weird times.

Which makes you wonder why the heck he was tested in the first place. I'm pretty sure I don't go to the doctor to see if I have a hemorrhoid unless my butthole isn't itchy.

Now we just have more panic because a guy that was vaccinated has a virus that isn't affecting his life whatsoever. Weird times.
I’m pretty sure he wasn’t tested for his safety but for the safety of those he would potentially be exposing. Seems to have been a good idea in retrospect.

Reactions: Charlie Marlow

Because testing was required at an event for all participants and this case proves the validity of requiring those tests. He's doing the quarantine routine now even though he's not sick himself. YES, it is unknown at this time whether or not asymptomatic people who are not sick themselves can still be carriers of the disease to other people. That's the reason for the extra caution. Vaccinated people will still be required to wear masks until either it is known whether they can transmit the disease without getting sick or the virus fades away.

Dr flippity floppity admitted that there is zero benefit to wearing two masks. Is there bigger source of misinformation in American society than this guy? Let's allow some common sense to prevail. Pretend that you are going swimming. Do your goggles leak at the seal or through the lens? The idea is to keep The unwanted part out, whether it's water in the pool or the covid air. If you're wearing extra masks, your ability to breathe is much more difficult, so you'll have to cheat by sucking air at the perimeter where the seal is poor. We know that everybody has a poor seal. What passes for masks in the public is just comical to me. Nice try though people

Dr flippity floppity admitted that there is zero benefit to wearing two masks. Is there bigger source of misinformation in American society than this guy? Let's allow some common sense to prevail. Pretend that you are going swimming. Do your goggles leak at the seal or through the lens? The idea is to keep The unwanted part out, whether it's water in the pool or the covid air. If you're wearing extra masks, your ability to breathe is much more difficult, so you'll have to cheat by sucking air at the perimeter where the seal is poor. We know that everybody has a poor seal. What passes for masks in the public is just comical to me. Nice try though people
Well "Dr flippity" is the highest paid person in the federal government, more than even the President of the United States - gets well over $400K per year.

the manufacturers have also said it will take 2-3 weeks AFTER the 2nd dose for maximum immunity to be built up. Immunity by vaccine does not happen over night. there are a lot of unknowns still. But i know flu vaccine is similarly recommended a month before you think you need it

the manufacturers have also said it will take 2-3 weeks AFTER the 2nd dose for maximum immunity to be built up. Immunity by vaccine does not happen over night. there are a lot of unknowns still. But i know flu vaccine is similarly recommended a month before you think you need it
Yes, that's true. For the Pfizer vaccine they say maximum immunity is achieved 7 to 14 days after the second dose. At this point though, nobody knows for sure just how long that immunity lasts.

What conclusion am I to draw from that? I understand the Kardashians make a lot of coin too.
His contributions to society are more highly valued than anybody else in the federal government. That's the obvious conclusion. Last time I checked the Kardashians weren't federal employees.

Reactions: VandallHuskerJulie
who is giving up freedom of speech as a result of covid precautions?

Like the doctors who have data showing how to treat it. Like those who tried to hide the true death rates especially in nursing homes - see NY. And my comment was not relegated to the covid as your statement was general about rights. Only a blind person could not see it. Perhaps you should look up the bill being discussed in Illinois for teachers and students. If that doesn't concern you, I don't know what to say.

Reactions: c3o
FWIW, today J&J released information on its upcoming single dose Covid vaccine saying the vaccine was 66% effective (comparable to the 94 or 95% effectiveness of Pfizer/Moderna vaccines). Somewhat less effective for the South Africa virus varient. Effectiveness of up to 85% against the most serious Covid cases. Dr. Fauci (whether you hate him or adore him - separate subject) said a few days ago that he expected J&J vaccine will be approved in about a couple of weeks. J&J said earlier it will be able to produce around 1 Billion doses in 2021 once approved.

J&J Article from USA Today

P.S. Also Noravax says trials in the UK indicate its vaccine will be roughly 90% effective though a much smaller trial in South Africa indicated far less effectiveness than in the UK. It's not approved yet (no timing given for when it will be seeking approval - probably several months away for US approval).
FWIW, there's a new study out suggesting cases of COVID-19 might influence the quality of sperm, possibly reducing fertility, published on Thursday, Jan. 28, in the journal Reproduction.

I guess for the anti-vaxxers this could be an alternative to a vasectomy, a hidden benefit to getting the Covid. Winking

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT