ADVERTISEMENT

OT - More Covid Vaccine News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrong.

Go here, agree to the terms, select Covid vaccines only, and then go through the data yourself. It's a massive list with all Moderna & Pfizer listings.. I think I saw 2 unknowns.

https://vaers.hhs.gov/data.html

It's more than other vaccines, but still a small percentage.

The people dying from covid are also a small percentage.

The risk of doing nothing is also a very small percentage.

The biggest issue is that you don't ruin your society, pile on MASSIVE, unsustainable debt and wreck the lives of younger people over something that the vast majority of people can recover from with relative ease.

The truth is, Americans as a whole are in poor shape physically and they can blame themselves for that (obesity, diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure). Modern medicine can extend lifespans, but for many, the quality of such a life is garbage, and that is sad.

This virus should have been managed to protect the most vulnerable. That's who you quarantine. Instead, it's become political football and it has reshaped society in some very horrible, totalitarian, anti-freedom ways. We all lose. Fast forward one year. If you think we're going back to the way things were, you are naive. We are not a very resilient people. We've faced much harder times.
i dont think i've given up any important freedoms. Many of us, if not most, are willing to make some personal sacrifices if it helps only a tiny bit in preventing others suffering defined as death, hospitalization, or long term adverse events.
you are all caught up in yourself. Thats not what america is about.

Not sure what the OP expected when posting this. "Thanks for the info?"

How about let's try to keep it to football or at least try not to rehash the debates about COVID-19 for the hundredth time?

Reactions: bshirt73
Speaking of political football

"A new article published in this month's edition of The American Journal of Medicine (AJM) circulated on social media this week led many people to believe the journal is now endorsing the use of HCQ to treat COVID-19 as a political move after Trump left office "

"Dr. Joseph S. Alpert, editor-in-chief of the AJM, said the journal does not endorse HCQ treatment for COVID-19 "

"The article was put together last spring and was published online in August "

"Subsequent studies came out that showed the drug did not work on patients who were already sick. Alpert said the drug may be useful as a preventative measure but those studies have not been widely done. "

"A new article published in this month's edition of The American Journal of Medicine (AJM) circulated on social media this week led many people to believe the journal is now endorsing the use of HCQ to treat COVID-19 as a political move after Trump left office "

"Dr. Joseph S. Alpert, editor-in-chief of the AJM, said the journal does not endorse HCQ treatment for COVID-19 "

"Subsequent studies came out that showed the drug did not work on patients who were already sick. Alpert said the drug may be useful as a preventative measure but those studies have not been widely done. "
"Patients who were already sick" is the operative sentence. Clearly it isn't a miracle cure, but there's a lot of evidence that it helps minimize symptoms when used early on.

I know. People scared of wearing a mask and refusing to make a sacrifice for their neighbors are sheep.
thats a good word to describe them

It's probably time to get a new scapesheep for why this thing keeps spreading.

The "people won't wear masks thing" is kind of 2020.

I know it's different where everyone lives, but I don't know how many months it's been since I have seen someone -- even one -- person somewhere without a mask on where they should have one on.

I've seen people outside by themselves / with their family maskless, I've seen people in their cars maskless, I've seen people eating maskless, but outside of that............ I can't think of one instance -- for months -- where I have seen people close together without masks. In the mall. At Wal-Mart. In the Dr. office. At work. Masks. Masks. Masks. Masks. I have seen a few toddlers without masks but that's been about it.

And we keep hearing that it's spreading.......... and spreading........... and spreading............

It's probably time to get a new scapesheep for why this thing keeps spreading.

The "people won't wear masks thing" is kind of 2020.

I know it's different where everyone lives, but I don't know how many months it's been since I have seen someone -- even one -- person somewhere without a mask on where they should have one on.

I've seen people outside by themselves / with their family maskless, I've seen people in their cars maskless, I've seen people eating maskless, but outside of that............ I can't think of one instance -- for months -- where I have seen people close together without masks. In the mall. At Wal-Mart. In the Dr. office. At work. Masks. Masks. Masks. Masks. I have seen a few toddlers without masks but that's been about it.

And we keep hearing that it's spreading.......... and spreading........... and spreading............

Well, didn't you hear? 2 masks is what will end it.

So the people who said masks work weren't technically wrong, they just had the mask dosage wrong. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

The idiocy of all of this is... amazing.

This screen shot was just taken. Adverse reactions by manufacturer = 9,815

not all may be adverse, but spend some time going through them.. some deaths in there too.

Out of literally millions who have had the vaccine. Thank you for proving the point about the very low probability.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I know. People scared of wearing a mask and refusing to make a sacrifice for their neighbors are sheep.
thats a good word to describe them

Yes, sheep are the less than 1% that don't wear a face diaper everywhere.

Sheep are the ones not scared of a virus that has a very, very low mortality rate.

<end of sarcasm>

I should have just skipped over your post but you're so absurd it needs to be shown.

Here's a quote:

"Freedom has consequences"

We take risk every day we get out of bed. God, what happened to our country? We turned into a collective of pussies. We no longer think for ourselves. In less than one year we have healthy people wearing face diapers, thinking that if you don't you're sick and killing others. It's sad, sad, sad...

Out of literally millions who have had the vaccine. Thank you for proving the point about the very low probability.
That was not the point being made.. which you obviously missed. I said nothing about the probability, only that the mRNA based vaccines come with increased risk of allergic reaction as compared to some of these other treatments. Learn to read and comprehend.

Reactions: GBRforLife1
That was not the point being made.. which you obviously missed. I said nothing about the probability, only that the mRNA based vaccines come with increased risk of allergic reaction as compared to some of these other treatments. Learn to read and comprehend.
I think you're the one who needs a lesson in probability. Tell me which is a greater number, 10,000 potential questionable allergic reactions with even a much smaller number of deaths (which haven't even proven to be caused by Covid vaccine) out of many millions of administered doses or well over 400,000 deaths from Covid and climbing by the day.

Now it's fine if you don't want the vaccine, I get it - there's a lot of anti vaxxer fear being spread around. Your choice for sure but you don't have to try to disparage the vaccine for others with scare tactics. Just don't get vaccinated and everyone is happy.

I think you're the one who needs a lesson in probability. Tell me which is a greater number, 10,000 allergic reactions with even a much smaller number of deaths (which aren't even proven to be caused by Covid vaccine) out of many millions of doses or well over 400,000 deaths from Covid.

Now it's fine if you don't want the vaccine. Your choice but you don't have to try to disparage the vaccine for others with scare tactics. Just don't get vaccinated and everyone is happy.
you really fell off the dumb dumb tree it seems.. You have basically 2 options.. take something that hasn't killed anyone, or take something that has.

not giving any scare tactics either.. I linked the actual data source.. unreal

Last edited:
Reactions: GBRforLife1
I think you're the one who needs a lesson in probability. Tell me which is a greater number, 10,000 potential questionable allergic reactions with even a much smaller number of deaths (which haven't even proven to be caused by Covid vaccine) out of many millions of administered doses or well over 400,000 deaths from Covid and climbing by the day.

Now it's fine if you don't want the vaccine, I get it - there's a lot of anti vaxxer fear being spread around. Your choice for sure but you don't have to try to disparage the vaccine for others with scare tactics. Just don't get vaccinated and everyone is happy.
His assertion of there being more "allergic reactions" to COVID vaccine than other vaccines is not based in fact. In actuality this vaccine has an extremely low rate of actual allergic reactions. Arm soreness, lethargy and fever are not uncommon reactions to viral vaccines and are not "allergic reactions".

Furthermore, adverse reactions do not equal allergic reactions NOR does it equal reactions that are unexpected with a viral vaccine. The odds of having some sort of serious reaction to this vaccine is extremely low.

Reactions: RedCap
His assertion of there being more "allergic reactions" to COVID vaccine than other vaccines is not based in fact. In actuality this vaccine has an extremely low rate of actual allergic reactions. Arm soreness, lethargy and fever are not uncommon reactions to viral vaccines and are not "allergic reactions".
The fact is right there in the data. You just don't want to look. And I said mRNA based covid vaccines. We are not talking about polio here.

COVID-19 Vaccines and Allergic Reactions

CDC issues new COVID-19 vaccine guidance for people with allergies

Last edited:
The fact is right there in the data. You just don't want to look. And I said mRNA based covid vaccines. We are not talking about polio here.
LOL. The links you posted are the standard disclaimers and information you get with any vaccination. You're being foolish. You don't think people have adverse reactions to influenza vaccinations? Aren't you the same guy who was extremely worried about catching COVID a few months ago because of your weight and blood pressure? What happened to that?

What has to be weighed is the risk versus benefit of taking a vaccine whether it's mrna or otherwise. You do understand I hope that the other vaccines that aren't purified down to just be mrna ALSO contain mrna right? Or did that fact slip by you in your "analysis". Personally I'm hoping I can get Moderna's vaccine. That is proving in practice it appears to producing a little better immune response BECAUSE IT HAS A LITTLE MORE MRNA. Sock it to me baby.

While I appreciate the concerns voiced by some over vaccine safety, I'm fairly knowledgeable on viruses and vaccines and I have ZERO doubt that the benefit for me and YOU to take an MRNA vaccine FAR FAR FAR outweighs any risk from an adverse reaction to the vaccine. Your choice though.

Last edited:
Reactions: RedCap
you're being foolish. You don't think people have adverse reactions to influenza vaccinations? Aren't you the same guy who was extremely worried about catching COVID a few months ago because of your weight and blood pressure? What happened to that?

What has to be weighed is the risk versus benefit of taking a vaccine whether it's mrna or otherwise. You do understand I hope that the other vaccines that aren't purified down to just be mrna ALSO contain mrna right? Or did that fact slip by you in your "analysis". Personally I'm hoping I can get Moderna's vaccine. That is proving in practice it appears to producing a little better immune response BECAUSE IT HAS A LITTLE MORE MRNA. Sock it to me baby.

While I appreciate the concerns voiced by some over vaccine safety, I'm fairly knowledgeable on viruses and vaccines and I have ZERO doubt that the benefit for me and YOU to take an MRNA vaccine FAR FAR FAR outweighs any risk from an adverse reaction to the vaccine. Your choice though.
There are other options, and there is nothing foolish about looking at the actual adverse reaction data. Added to which new vaccines that are coming on the market as well as newly approved treatments like Remdesivir and Ivermectin (which haven't killed anyone)

There hasn't been a discussion based around these options, and which ones are more safe than others.

There has literally never been a vaccine ever made, based on mRNA technology. You have to trick the body by hiding the mRNA inside a protein... thus the allergic reactions that occur from it.

Nevermind that Moderna has a massive stock appreciation tied to it's performance and how that is influencing decisions being made too.

All of these other more traditional based vaccines are based on older tried technology are coming available..

So now, people are starting to have some options, some choice with what they choose to get.. I think it's healthy to discuss those options.

There is nothing foolish about that.

There are other options, and there is nothing foolish about looking at the actual adverse reaction data. Added to which new vaccines that are coming on the market as well as newly approved treatments like Remdesivir and Ivermectin (which haven't killed anyone)

There hasn't been a discussion based around these options, and which ones are more safe than others.

There has literally never been a vaccine ever made, based on mRNA technology. You have to trick the body by hiding the mRNA inside a protein... thus the allergic reactions that occur from it.

Nevermind that Moderna has a massive stock appreciation tied to it's performance and how that is influencing decisions being made too.

All of these other more traditional based vaccines are based on older tried technology are coming available..

So now, people are starting to have some options, some choice with what they choose to get.. I think it's healthy to discuss those options.

There has never been an mRNA vaccine before for humans because we didn't have the technology to do it. Subunit vaccines are the future of vaccines. Get used to it. You've got no f'ing idea what you're talking about so just quit.

Allergic reactions occur potentially to ANY protein whether it's mRNA or whole particles of virus or bacteria. I have a doctorate in a field that has required me to study these things for the past 35 years. You're off base so just stop. ONE of the BENEFITS of subunit mRNA vaccines is in FACT THAT YOU REDUCE THE AMOUNT OF IRRELEVANT PROTEIN YOU HAVE TO INJECT IN TO THE BODY TO PRODUCE AN IMMUNE RESPONSE. Just quit. A little knowledge without the scientific background to interpret that information is deadly.

EVERY vaccine that you introduce in to a living being IS ATTACKED BY IMMUNE CELLS. They're phagocytized whole (swallowed) or attached to by immunocytes and an immune response is mounted to the foreign proteins either on the surface or inside the virus or bacteria. MRNA VACCINES IN PRACTICE SHOULD BE MUCH SAFER THAN USING WHOLE VIRAL PARTICLES.!!!

Reactions: ExcellentBread
There has never been an mRNA vaccine before for humans because we didn't have the technology to do it. Subunit vaccines are the future of vaccines. Get used to it. You've got no f'ing idea what you're talking about so just quit.

Allergic reactions occur potentially to ANY protein whether it's mRNA or whole particles of virus or bacteria. I have a doctorate in a field that has required me to study these things for the past 35 years. You're off base so just stop. ONE of the BENEFITS of subunit mRNA vaccines is in FACT THAT YOU REDUCE THE AMOUNT OF IRRELEVANT PROTEIN YOU HAVE TO INJECT IN TO THE BODY TO PRODUCE AN IMMUNE RESPONSE. Just quit. A little knowledge without the scientific background to interpret that information is deadly.

EVERY vaccine that you introduce in to a living being IS ATTACKED BY IMMUNE CELLS. They're phagocytized whole (swallowed) or attached to by immunocytes and an immune response is mounted to the foreign proteins either on the surface or inside the virus or bacteria. MRNA VACCINES IN PRACTICE SHOULD BE MUCH SAFER THAN USING WHOLE VIRAL PARTICLES.!!!
That's cool. since it's never been done, we don't really know what is going to happen. Hence the Adverse reaction reports.. first you told me there was no way allergies could be a sticking point, then I linked 2 articles on it, from the CDC.. I'm sure they have doctorates too.

I think it's ok for people to investigate the different competing ways to vaccinate, treat, or stop the transmission of these viruses.

Those mRNA based ones, have killed 150 people already.. not a large number by any means.

But I'm not going to ignore the other options out there if they appear to offer a safer risk profile to me and my family.

Than just take those other options for yourself. NOBODY cares if you don't get vaccinated. In fact they will celebrate your decision because it leaves two more doses available for someone else.

That's cool. since it's never been done, we don't really know what is going to happen. Hence the Adverse reaction reports.. first you told me there was no way allergies could be a sticking point, then I linked 2 articles on it, from the CDC.. I'm sure they have doctorates too.

I think it's ok for people to investigate the different competing ways to vaccinate, treat, or stop the transmission of these viruses.

Those mRNA based ones, have killed 150 people already.. not a large number by any means.

But I'm not going to ignore the other options out there if they appear to offer a safer risk profile to me and my family.
To be clear, you linked an article that said that the total number of all reported reactions was around 0.04% of the number administered. I have no idea if the link provided is accurate or not, but if that number is accurate, that should be seen as fantastic news.

While it's prudent to be concerned about reactions, you'd probably get a similar number of complaints if you did a study requiring 22 million people to drink 8 ounces of water just before bed.

no i have refused to read all of the above astute posts. 100% not hospitalized appeals to me. horspitals are some of the most dangerous places in america and have been for a long time. need some explanation as to the 34% not effective and just what that means, but yet 100% not hospitalized. do they just get the cov and kick the bucket? maybe turn into derelects and poop of sidewalks? personally dont want to horse my dna up and turn into a liberal. sign me up for j and j.

Not to mention it was not a study. It was speaking to the theoretical advantage. The azithromycin was simply to prevent secondary bacterial infection.

Those are NOT "articles" you linked. They are advisories given by the CDC. You haven't read many vaccine label inserts I can tell. It's pretty standard language.

Secondly where do you see that "mRNA vaccines have killed 150 people already". Dying after you've had a vaccination does not equal KILLED by the vaccine. In South Dakota for instance 2 elderly nursing home patients died within 48 hours of receiving the vaccine. Were they going to die on that day regardless of having had the vaccine? Probably. The state issued a statement that preliminary findings were that the vaccine did not cause their deaths.

You do understand that for people in extended care facilities the death rate from getting COVID is over 25% right? EVEN IF the risk of having a severe reaction to mRNA vaccine was 4/1000 I damned sure would rather take that risk than the risk of dying from COVID of 1/4. We've vaccinated roughly 30,000 people in our area with mRNA vaccine and had exactly ZERO deaths from it. The worst my spouse has seen reported was a mild fever and lethargy for less than 48 hours. That reflects almost perfectly the trials run before approval.

You're justifying judging vaccine deaths with total alleged covid deaths which we know to be total BS. What with the gunshot victims and stage 4 cancer patients being labeled "covid deaths"

You're amazing.

Reactions: bshirt73
This screen shot was just taken. Adverse reactions by manufacturer = 9,815

not all may be adverse, but spend some time going through them.. some deaths in there too.

An adverse event could be anything from hives to death. That's actually a very low number of adverse reactions considering the millions of doses of vaccine given. I did a search trying to figure out from a reputable source how many deaths could be directly attributed to COVID vaccines. The one source in England at one point within days of having had Pfizers' vaccine but they were all in nursing home patients over the age of 75 most of whom had terminal illnesses. Did the vaccine kill them or were they going to die anyway. Sounds kind of like COVID fatality death reporting doesn't it?

Reactions: HuskerO
The biggest issue is that you don't ruin your society, pile on MASSIVE, unsustainable debt and wreck the lives of younger people over something that the vast majority of people can recover from with relative ease.

The truth is, Americans as a whole are in poor shape physically and they can blame themselves for that (obesity, diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure). Modern medicine can extend lifespans, but for many, the quality of such a life is garbage, and that is sad.

This virus should have been managed to protect the most vulnerable. That's who you quarantine. Instead, it's become political football and it has reshaped society in some very horrible, totalitarian, anti-freedom ways. We all lose. Fast forward one year. If you think we're going back to the way things were, you are naive. We are not a very resilient people. We've faced much harder times.
We are so screwed as a country. The radical left has used this as a political weapon and to make sweeping fundamental changes in the way people view government. Sending out checks to people is part of the plan to make people think that's the way it should be. It's nuts. You can't spend yourself rich and the looney spending is already coming home to roost in the form of rapidly escalasting prices. The money supply has grown more than twice as rapidly in the past 10 months than at ANY whole year in our history. Projections are that we'll end the year since COVID hit at a 30 to 40% increase in the money supply. Guess what? That means that the purchasing power of the dollar will drop commensurately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT