ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Memorial Leader Rahm Forced out of Tourney

Thats garbage
How is it garbage? Everyone knows the policy. He had close contact with someone who tested positive and agreed to be tested daily. He knew one positive test would disqualify him. While I see this news as very unfortunate to the guy who was clearly about to win, I don’t see how it’s garbage or unfair.

How is it garbage? Everyone knows the policy. He had close contact with someone who tested positive and agreed to be tested daily. He knew one positive test would disqualify him. While I see this news as very unfortunate to the guy who was clearly about to win, I don’t see how it’s garbage or unfair.

I would also have to agree with this.. on another note who ever bet on Rham will still be paid .. They’re honoring the bet..

Last edited:
The whole thing is garbage IMHO
Nobody knows a thing abut this virus..never have.. and still dont....all the "experts" from false positives to everything else.. this man just possibly lost out on millions of dollars..id say that qualifies as garbage to me.. Did he give it to anyoby else causing them to forfeit?? I didnt hear anything about that? It was on the last day and then they find out?? Then no harm no foul! I understand that he knew the rules when they decided to play...That is what is garbage to begin with...in any other team sport they dont lose their pay cause 1 guy tested positive.. so because of all that Id stand by my comment that its garbage.just my opinion your welcome to disagree with it

It’s garbage for the PGA to even have that testing policy in the first place, for a number of reasons:

1) In the US, everyone who truly needs a vaccination has had one, unless they’ve chosen not to. Him having COVID poses no threat to anybody other than those who’ve accepted the risk.

2) Golf is an outdoor sport where the vast majority of the time the athletes are socially distanced from everyone but their caddies. If the caddy is worried about COVID, he can make his own decision to step off the bag. But more likely if he’s worried about it, he’d be vaccinated and it’s not a problem.

3) The PGA doesn’t have any reason to virtue signal in order to please its audience, because golf is probably the sport with the highest ratio of conservative viewers. Golf fans don’t want this.

It’s garbage for the PGA to even have that testing policy in the first place, for a number of reasons:

1) In the US, everyone who truly needs a vaccination has had one, unless they’ve chosen not to. Him having COVID poses no threat to anybody other than those who’ve accepted the risk.

2) Golf is an outdoor sport where the vast majority of the time the athletes are socially distanced from everyone but their caddies. If the caddy is worried about COVID, he can make his own decision to step off the bag. But more likely if he’s worried about it, he’d be vaccinated and it’s not a problem.

3) The PGA doesn’t have any reason to virtue signal in order to please its audience, because golf is probably the sport with the highest ratio of conservative viewers. Golf fans don’t want this.
Bingo

View this from a different perspective. Your sport is driven by the athletes who play it. If as an organizing body, you don’t have a policy to protect those players, you’re putting them and your game at risk - not to mention legal liability.

I am not viewing this from a political lens (which by the way is asinine), but instead I’m viewing from a risk perspective.

I’m sure the other 100 players also want to make sure a guy who is positive isn’t putting them at risk.

View this from a different perspective. Your sport is driven by the athletes who play it. If as an organizing body, you don’t have a policy to protect those players, you’re putting them and your game at risk - not to mention legal liability.

I am not viewing this from a political lens (which by the way is asinine), but instead I’m viewing from a risk perspective.

I’m sure the other 100 players also want to make sure a guy who is positive isn’t putting them at risk.
I doubt the other 100 players feel that way at all. They’re vaccinated if they want to be. There’s nobody who needs to be protected at this point.

If a handful of players are worried about it despite being vaccinated, they can choose to stay further than 6 feet apart from all other people on the course. It’d actually be tremendously easy to do.

If you’re not going to end the testing policy now, then when?

I doubt the other 100 players feel that way at all. They’re vaccinated if they want to be. There’s nobody who needs to be protected at this point.

If a handful of players are worried about it despite being vaccinated, they can choose to stay further than 6 feet apart from all other people on the course. It’d actually be tremendously easy to do.

If you’re not going to end the testing policy now, then when?
This testing was based on the fact that he had a known close contact with a positive COVID person. I wouldn’t be so sure about your statement that the other players don’t feel that way at all. Their bodies and health are what make them millions of dollars. I don’t have the data (because it probably doesn’t exist) but I’d bet they don’t want exposure to a COVID positive player.

The whole thing is garbage IMHO
Nobody knows a thing abut this virus..never have.. and still dont....all the "experts" from false positives to everything else.. this man just possibly lost out on millions of dollars..id say that qualifies as garbage to me.. Did he give it to anyoby else causing them to forfeit?? I didnt hear anything about that? It was on the last day and then they find out?? Then no harm no foul! I understand that he knew the rules when they decided to play...That is what is garbage to begin with...in any other team sport they dont lose their pay cause 1 guy tested positive.. so because of all that Id stand by my comment that its garbage.just my opinion your welcome to disagree with it
“Nobody knows a thing abut this virus..never have.. and still dont..”

You just lost your seat at the adult table...just because you don’t understand the scientific method doesn’t mean the healthcare community didn’t handle this as best as possible. Mistakes were made, but as more time and research accumulated best practices evolved. That’s how science works. But if you want to horde hydroxychloroquine and inject bleach, knock yourself out.

It's called "assumption of risk" and a "waiver." I would be willing to guess about 90% of the players and those attending couldnt care less about a player, in golf, testing positive. Everyone ahead of time knows someone may test positive and of they assume the risk by playing / attending, and sign a waiver. That isnt political, that's a simple and perfect way to handle it. Is everyone in the gallery being tested?

• Love
Reactions: yunginsNU2
It’s on Rahm. If he had been vaccinated, he wouldn’t have been put into protocol and tested unless he was symptomatic. He may have still tested positive if he JD the vaccine, but he never would have been tested. And he would still be playing. Just get the vaccine. It’s simple. Small price to pay to avoid the hassle that comes with not doing it. Regardless of your real risk.

“Nobody knows a thing abut this virus..never have.. and still dont..”

You just lost your seat at the adult table...just because you don’t understand the scientific method doesn’t mean the healthcare community didn’t handle this as best as possible. Mistakes were made, but as more time and research accumulated best practices evolved. That’s how science works. But if you want to horde hydroxychloroquine and inject bleach, knock yourself out.
No thanks I wont do either.... just like with the flu bud.. I dont need lectures from you or anyone else about how I feel lied to over and over and your fav dr fauci is the best of them.. maybe you havent seen his emails that double standard he gave ua he didnt even believe....science lol you mean like the same science that says your born male and female and thats it... how about the science of global warming.. how about the science of when a baby is considered to have a human heartbeat....? Science works only when its convienient to your agenda as well as others so go believe what you want I will do me..

Reactions: RedMyMind
ADVERTISEMENT