ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Mad Max Fury Road

NikkiSixx

Offensive Coordinator
Sep 14, 2013
Just saw it, and quite a visually stunning movie, and apparently most of the stunts are real, not cgi.

If you are looking for an action movie to see this weekend, I highly recommend!

mad-max-fury-road-new-trailer-has-epic-car-stunts-video-89920_1.jpg

hekhd7g1ddmnboxclncm.jpg

mad_max_fury_road_immortan_joe_by_maltian-d89hlf8.png

That's the guy who played Toecutter in the original..

Definitely on my list to see. Loved the original but this one looks so much more......well everything. A dirty buff Charlize Theron can't be a bad thing!

Hearing nothing but good things about it. Currently has a 98% on Rotten Tomatoes from 191 critics reviews and a 94% from 38,000 audience members. I'll be seeing it this weekend.

Yeah, there are elements that I didn't care for, story line issues, weak main character, among other things I could critique, but as an overall package, it works pretty good. By the time the film takes a break from the action, you have been white knuckling it for well over an hour. Def want to see it again.

With the movie choices sucking worse than I can remember in recent memory, I assume this will be a popular choice this weekend. It's gonna get my money. Normally, I hate remakes, but something tells me this one will fit the bill.

My son and I will garb some BBQ somewhere, and hit it up. Gonna be a good night I think.

We saw Avengers last weekend, and though I like the Marvel movies, all of them, I thought age of Ultron was pretty blah. So I am hopeful Mad Max surpasses that one.

Just saw it, and quite a visually stunning movie, and apparently most of the stunts are real, not cgi.

If you are looking for an action movie to see this weekend, I highly recommend!

mad-max-fury-road-new-trailer-has-epic-car-stunts-video-89920_1.jpg

hekhd7g1ddmnboxclncm.jpg

mad_max_fury_road_immortan_joe_by_maltian-d89hlf8.png

That's the guy who played Toecutter in the original..

I went and saw it last night. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Rob Zombie has made a few movies in the past and I thought this movie is the movie Slayer and Slipknot would team up to make. Not much plot but nonstop action. The formula really works. Lots of fun to be had.

A couple of notes I noticed. It seems as if for this movie, George Miller is content to simply reintroduce Max back to the masses, and use him as support for Charlize Theron's character in the movie. She is sexier than ever and pretty badass in it. I am betting Max will have a much bigger part of the story in the future installments that are planned.

As far as the plot, it reminded me a lot of the movie Waterworld. Both stories revolve around being trapped in a surrounding wasteland, in search of that mythical oasis somewhere out there. One was in water and this was on dirt. Maybe Kevin Costner was a big Mel Gibson fan?

The action is equal parts redneck and X-Games with some kabuki theater mixed in. All said, I loved it.

Just got back from seeing it. Wow. What do you get when you combine a 2+ hour long car chase, an army of circus freaks, a bunch of cars that were designed by 10 year old boys dropping acid, and enough destruction to make Michael Bay jealous? You get one batcrap crazy movie. Lots of fun!

Saw it last night. It was exactly what you'd expect. Good, not great, but all in all not a bad way to blow a few hours.

I find it troubling that Pitch Perfect 2 is expected to earn almost $25 million more this weekend.

And that is why the Terrorists hate us.

I find it troubling that Pitch Perfect 2 is expected to earn almost $25 million more this weekend.

And that is why the Terrorists hate us.

Count me as one that is looking forward to seeing both. Anna Kendrick is very easy on the eyes and pitch perfect was pretty funny IMO. And I don't need to turn in my man card.....some of the GB Packers loved it so much they asked to be in the sequel.

Saw Fury Road this weekend, actually more action than I thought there would be. Looked and felt like the Road Warrior tanker scene on a massive dose of steroids, chased with some crystal meth.
Very good action movie and the best part...seeing an action movie with REAL action and not having everything be CGI.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT