ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Looking for a good rye whiskey

Huskerfan2112

Senior
Dec 7, 2009
I have a long term co worker who is retiring. He is a big fan of ryes. Looking for a recommendation for a retirement gift. I want something top of the line.

thanks in advance

Thanks for the feedback. Keep it coming. Like I said it’s a retirement gift for a good friend. Not really concerned about price.

I have Woodford Reserve Rye, Knob Creek Rye and Bulleit Rye. I wouldn't consider them top of the line, but they are what you would call premium.

Reactions: headcard
Bulleit is a solid rye.. but for a special occasion rrt was spot on.. go with Whistle Pig.

I have a long term co worker who is retiring. He is a big fan of ryes. Looking for a recommendation for a retirement gift. I want something top of the line.

thanks in advance
Blanton’s and Whistlepig are top choices with top prices. For my money, EH Taylor is top notch. Spicier than the others but that is what I like about rye.

When making a horse feather can any of you tell the difference using rye vs regular whiskey?

Usually a horse feather is just whiskey, ginger beer, lime. Maybe bitters if you have them.

I’ll add Michters rye to the list. Can’t go wrong with Michters. Angels envy rye is solid but different being a rum cask. Whistle pig is old reliable but overpriced due to popularity. Basil Hayden dark rye is also very good. Templeton is fine but not what it used to be.

single-whiskey-latest_2x.png
Moderately priced ($40-50 depending on where you buy it) ...very tasty!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT