ADVERTISEMENT

OT: KStank

I get the love for Raiola but damn I want a QB who can run it too. It puts SOOO much pressure on a D if your QB can burn them with his legs. Gotta be good in he passing game first though.
Avery needs weight badly in my opinion, but I get your running love

Reactions: dinglefritz
I didn’t see him take any real hits tonight though. He’s much better at avoiding contact than TMart was IMO. Looks like a good one. He absolutely made something out of nothing on multiple plays.

Reactions: huskerfan66
Well he has a whole offseason to gain weight, muscle, and even more confidence heading into 2024. He looks like a really good player.

Reactions: dinglefritz
He NEVER looks flustered
I saw that look in Gill’s eyes in the huddle on that last drive that time at Missouri to win the game. Was sitting on the rocks in GA right behind the goal post when he came in to the huddle. There was just no doubt in his eyes. You knew he was going to take them 90 to win it.

Reactions: TFrazier
I get the love for Raiola but damn I want a QB who can run it too. It puts SOOO much pressure on a D if your QB can burn them with his legs. Gotta be good in he passing game first though.

i-like-yout-but-youre-crazy-will-ferrell.gif

That hasn’t worked so well for us. T-Mart became less and less effective with each passing season, as the injuries piled up. Same with A-Mart and we saw what happened with HH this past season. Armstrong was really the only one who held up reasonably well.

Reactions: HawksDown
He is one skinny dude. Looks like a D line would break him in half.

Did the TV announcers say he is the fastest guy on the team? Is that top end as they said he was at 21 mph or something like that.

• Haha
Reactions: huntered

That hasn’t worked so well for us. T-Mart became less and less effective with each passing season, as the injuries piled up. Same with A-Mart and we saw what happened with HH this past season. Armstrong was really the only one who held up reasonably well.
Virtually every top QB in college and the NFL now possesses above average athleticism. Even Michigan’s conservative plodding offense has a guy who can burn you with his feet.

Our problem was ignoring accuracy when recruiting sthletic QBs. Then you have to coach them to throw the ball away when there’s nothing there. The lack of our QBs’ success was multifactorial. Athleticism wasn’t causative. It was a result of other problems.

Reactions: huntered

Did the TV announcers say he is the fastest guy on the team? Is that top end as they said he was at 21 mph or something like that.
He’s very very quick as well. He toyed with blitzers.

Reactions: TFrazier

T-Mart had his best season as a junior. First team All BiG TeN QB that year

Definitely fast. Looks like he’s got a good arm. His size may be an issue. Doubt he will hold up.

I think that was the KU quarterback - Jason Bean. When he burned OU for a TD run and they said it was the fastest mph in college or pro this year.

Armstrong missed a few games with injuries, too - including our last bowl game.

The point remains - running the QB is a risky endeavor. It’s great when they can pick up yards when a pass play breaks down; but the punishment they take and increased turnover risk is the price you pay.

Kansas state has had some damn fine quarterbacks throughout their history. The fact that will Howard is so highly sought after in the transfer portal. And the guy that their replacing him with might be even better. Is all that more frustrating when you look at what we've had behind center in the last several years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT