ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Ken the Snake Stabler

scarletred

Nebraska Legend
Jun 17, 2001
It's too bad the NFL waited until this year to induct Ken Stabler into the NFL Hall a Fame he deserved this award years ago when he could have been alive to except being in the Hall like so many others.

Stabler directed Alabama to an 11-0 unbeaten season in 1966 and ended up beating Nebraska 34-7 in the 1967 Sugar Bowl.. Bama was snubbed by the wire services finishing in 3rd behind Notre Dame and Michigan St after they played to a 10-10 tie during the regular season.

Reactions: baseball31ne
It's too bad the NFL waited until this year to induct Ken Stabler into the NFL Hall a Fame he deserved this award years ago when he could have been alive to except being in the Hall like so many others.

Stabler directed Alabama to an 11-0 unbeaten season in 1966 and ended up beating Nebraska 34-7 in the 1967 Sugar Bowl.. Bama was snubbed by the wire services finishing in 3rd behind Notre Dame and Michigan St after they played to a 10-10 tie during the regular season.

Yea, just a tad late on the induction. IIRC he is the only QB to lead team to the conference championship game 5 straight seasons?

I'm surprised it took so long

I quess Al Davis takes the blame for this, when they finally spoke for the first time in over 2 decades Al told him "You should be in the Hall of Fame" Davis said " That's probably my fault I should do something about that".

Reactions: baseball31ne

Alabama was 100% white in 66 I wonder if that was held against them in the final voting ?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT