ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Jim Boeheim will be missed

I agree he’s a legend, and proven to be among college basketballs best coaches, but I’ve always found Boeheim to be a bore. He’s whined one too many times for me. Will he be missed? I don’t think so. The game has passed him by. But a helleva career.

Good coach but kind of fell off the last 6 years or so. I know they made it to the sweet 16 a couple years ago but that was kind of a fluke run. They haven't really been a scary team for a while. I didn't particularly care much for him but I respected his success and career longevity. I also respect him for winning with Melo and showing the 1 & done way can win titles.

Cuse: It is time for a change

Also Cuse: We are naming long time asst coach Autrey as the new HC

Old-school. Nothing but respect for Jim Boeheim. Everyone wants to achieve ‘Legend’. He’s done it.

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
Last of the icons still coaching but he's been running on fumes for a long time...but man back in the day those teams were the shizzle...Pearl Washington is one of my all time faves and the Big East tournament in Madison Square was an event.

Reactions: baseball31ne
Would you still consider him a legend without the Carmelo year?

He is more Gene Keady than Coach K.

Had coach Jim Boeheim announced his retirement a few weeks ago the ticket market for his final home game would have been a record breaking secondary market NCAA event

I thought he was one big Whiner
Yeah he was always a huge whiner and a petty snowflake who freaks out about every question in a press conference that is slightly challenging even if it came from a student reporter. Good riddance.
I also wouldn't call him a legend. He was a good coach, but besides longevity and having Carmelo, he doesn't have a legendary resume. More Gean Keady than Bill Self.

Reactions: Wasker77
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT