ADVERTISEMENT

OT:Jake Gardner found

The DA also thought it was self defense and apparently felt justice would not be done by charging Gardner with a crime. It was only after the mob started to make noise that the DA relented and allowed a second review of the case. Once that happened, there was no way that they weren't going to come out of the grand jury empty handed. They needed to have something to appease the mob. That's not justice.

Yep and it cost Gardner his life. I can’t believe how left Omaha has become. At least TX and KY had some common sense.

The DA also thought it was self defense and apparently felt justice would not be done by charging Gardner with a crime. It was only after the mob started to make noise that the DA relented and allowed a second review of the case. Once that happened, there was no way that they weren't going to come out of the grand jury empty handed. They needed to have something to appease the mob. That's not justice.

Founding fathers knew the dangers of mob rule, and that’s why we don’t have a democracy. Our republic system was hijacked by this grand jury travesty.

Haven’t read one comment here where Jake’s own family members came out the next day after the shooting claiming Jake held racist views. A cousin of his said this. Further, Jake’s father, according to family members, served time in prison for drug trafficking where he aligned himself with Aryan Nation beliefs. Jake was an avid Trump supporter. Jake was former military as well and essentially heeded the command from Trump the day before- when the looting starts the shooting starts. Both men, James and Jake, had records. Both men were acting on emotion that night and when I review the footage what I see is a big ball of stupid. Jakes attorneys said something interesting the other day in the wake of Jake’s suicide. Jake told his attorneys that - the night in Omaha felt like a war zone. His attorney went onto say - Jake had “behavioral health issues”. So now think about a war vet with PTSD thinking he’s in a war zone with behavioral health issues wielding a gun. Wow. Do you think we need sensible gun laws? Or how about the city of Omaha giving this guy a liquor license in the first place? I mean come on people. The special prosecutor the other day made a statement shedding light on new evidence that the grand jury was privy to and it revealed some fascinating revelations. What he shared came via texts sent from Jake’s phone. Jake, according to texts he sent, was setting up an ambush that night in his bar the hive. He was in communication with others outside the hive updating Jake on the position of the protesters. Jake was frustrated that there wasn’t a clear line of fire within the confines of the hive. There was a shotgun plus 3 handguns in the hive. They were waiting for protesters to enter the building. They had lights on inside the hive and once they got word via his informants on the position of the protesters they shut off the lights. When no protesters entered the hive, the party inside the hive got frustrated and moved out into the street. Jake, according to texts he sent, wanted to- light them up. I mean, is this Baghdad? The prosecutor brought up that Jake was ideologically opposed to the protest and that taking his views out onto the street he could thus execute his mission. Jake‘s father, by eye witness statements, is the one who started the physical altercation by shoving a protester. It escalated from there as you all well know and someone was killed. Windows were broke that night. No looting or fires were set. Two individuals are now dead. Guns and blind ideology. PTSD plus guns. Sensible gun laws? Anyone?
Had Scurlock acted sensible he wouldn’t have come down with a case of “the dead”.

Hmm ok. So even if obvious self defense you say press charges? You do realize the innocent victim will have to go through hell because of this.

I’m glad TX has more common sense than you, and didn’t press charges against the Uber driver who shot and killed a man in public defending himself.

You’re on the wrong side Oldjar.. but keep defending thugs.
Couldn't all murder cases claim they acted in self defense, so let them walk free? That's a slippery slope there. I think it is likely that it was self defense, but I'm not sure it's that "obvious". That determination would have to play out in court.

Couldn't all murder cases claim they acted in self defense, so let them walk free? That's a slippery slope there. I think it is likely that it was self defense, but I'm not sure it's that "obvious". That determination would have to play out in court.
Most murder defenses try to use self defense if it is at all plausible. Most murder cases don't have a situation where a defendant was jumped from behind and put in a choke hold as multiple witnesses testified and the video confirmed.

I can't believe the Nebraska Democratic Party adopted a resolution slamming fellow dem and Douglas County Attorney Don Kleine - basically calling him a racist.

Link to resolution

One of Kleines' rebuttal comments: “Most disturbing is the fact that the Resolution adopted was submitted by Ja Keen Fox — a known radical activist. The resolution states that the NDC will partner with community activists like Mr. Fox to develop the party platform. Ja Keen Fox is someone who advocates and promotes violence and hate against law enforcement officers.”

Seems like a big mistake given the upcoming election, every Republican candidate in the State is going to use this against their opponent.

Reactions: GammaxuvirHusker
I can't believe the Nebraska Democratic Party adopted a resolution slamming fellow dem and Douglas County Attorney Don Kleine - basically calling him a racist.

Link to resolution

One of Kleines' rebuttal comments: “Most disturbing is the fact that the Resolution adopted was submitted by Ja Keen Fox — a known radical activist. The resolution states that the NDC will partner with community activists like Mr. Fox to develop the party platform. Ja Keen Fox is someone who advocates and promotes violence and hate against law enforcement officers.”

Seems like a big mistake given the upcoming election, every Republican candidate in the State is going to use this against their opponent.

Therefore, Be It Resolved: The Nebraska Democratic Party will support activist reformation efforts by; denouncing the actions of elected democrat Don Kleine in his handling of the James Scurlock case in a way that perpetuated white supremacy and sparked deep division in Omaha, partnering with community activists to create an activist issue platform, partnering with racial equity activists and advocates to create a curriculum for political candidates and elected officials on racial equity/anti-racism/cultural competency to be renewed each year, and a standing meeting with activists to talk about the conduct of the party and its candidates/elected officials.

ADVERTISEMENT