ADVERTISEMENT

OT: instability and malaise

Some of this depends on your world view. I have a Biblical World View for which I do not apologize. Yes, there is an increase in spiritual activity and demonic forces that you see showing up in society. I am not saying the "end is near" as no one knows when that will be. I do believe that life will never be the same and there are forces at work - to create what in their minds is a utopian society that keeps us all under control. When they start down the path of gun control, food rationing, installing chips for vaccine, tracking and all that, we will have lost our freedoms. I don't live in fear, I have my trust in a higher being but I don't live in total ignorance either, there is a reality of the world situation.
Jerimiah 50-51 will tell you perhaps as to the WHY..

why did you even bother responding? none of the fear brought on by the radical right will ever transpire. Its so stupid there is no reason to respond. the majority of republicans dont think all their rights are going to be taken away. Only the radical ones. almost always without college degrees. since they dont have good jobs they spend most their time in their basements reading about and joining radical groups so they feel like part of a group instead of isolated
Of course they wont take them ALL .....Just a few MORE, and in the next year or so?
a few Moooore, Bless you, you are young and poorly educated with History.
Back to school for you, unless you are still attending.

Of course they wont take them ALL .....Just a few MORE, and in the next year or so?
no, he's old. and, worse, touts his wisdom, gained only with age.

I've little doubt he also is employed by a public institution, sitting on his laurels until retirement or perhaps recently across the threshold.

For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.

People will love themselves. They will love money. They will talk about themselves and be proud. They will say wrong things about people. They will not obey their parents. They will not be thankful. They will not keep anything holy. They will have no love. They will not agree with anybody. They will tell lies about people. They will have no self-control. They will beat people. They will not love anything that is good. They cannot be trusted. They will act quickly, without thinking. They are proud of themselves. They love to have fun more than they love God.

What sorrow for those who say that evil is good and good is evil, that dark is light and light is dark, that bitter is sweet and sweet is bitter. What sorrow for those who are wise in their own eyes and think themselves so clever. What sorrow for those who are heroes at drinking wine and boast about all the alcohol they can hold. They take bribes to let the wicked go free, and they punish the innocent. Therefore, just as fire licks up stubble and dry grass shrivels in the flame, so their roots will rot and their flowers wither.

Last edited:
The old cliche is that you don't discuss religion or politics in polite company. The reason should be abundantly clear even on a Husker football board. You're not going to change anybody's mind, and all it is going to do is drive a big, fat wedge between people who otherwise share common interests and friendship.

Social media is like a rocket engine for division. I quit Facebook a year ago because the tribalism was making me hate some of the people I love most in this world. People get so caught up in it, and to what end? All it does is make everybody miserable.

Take a little free advice, or don't. I have a little exercise I do when I'm stuck in my two-hour commute, and wanting to murder everybody driving like douches around me. I look around at the other people in the cars. Not the cars, which are inanimate objects. The people inside. Then I try to image their backstory. They are all late getting home to pick up kids, or see their spouse, or get groceries, or unwind with a favorite show after a terrible day at work. We all miss time away from our loved ones, worry about money, struggle with the boring routines of life. Our differences in politics and religion are actually small differences.
I dont disagree, but it would be a heck of a lot better if we learned how to talk about those things without getting mad as opposed to just ignoring them.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I dont disagree, but it would be a heck of a lot better if we learned how to talk about those things without getting mad as opposed to just ignoring them.

Not to step in on your discussion here, but one thing I have noticed with a lot of people is they have an opinion on everything, and no matter if it affects them or not they feel the need to voice their opinion. I have my opinions on a lot of things that are important to me, but there are some things that I don't know about or for that matter don't care about, therefore I don't interject myself in the discussion.

It really seems like in this day an age every issue no matter how big or small is a hot button issue that people need to voice their opinion on. Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink.

There are a times when my wife asks me a question on something and I simply respond, "I don't know." For some reason or other she asks me a follow up question like I am trying to dodge the initial question or something. It really seems like I don't know or I don't care bugs her more than my not having an opinion on a subject. I am guessing that is more of a husband wife type of thing though.

Not to step in on your discussion here, but one thing I have noticed with a lot of people is they have an opinion on everything, and no matter if it affects them or not they feel the need to voice their opinion. I have my opinions on a lot of things that are important to me, but there are some things that I don't know about or for that matter don't care about, therefore I don't interject myself in the discussion.

It really seems like in this day an age every issue no matter how big or small is a hot button issue that people need to voice their opinion on. Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink.

There are a times when my wife asks me a question on something and I simply respond, "I don't know." For some reason or other she asks me a follow up question like I am trying to dodge the initial question or something. It really seems like I don't know or I don't care bugs her more than my not having an opinion on a subject. I am guessing that is more of a husband wife type of thing though.
You are 100% right. I wonder what it is that is driving people to need that kind of interaction. Just looking at it from a psychological standpoint, what is missing in any given person's life that drives them towards confrontational discussion? It can't be just as simple as ego, where they want the satisfaction of changing someone's mind. Weird times.

In one sentence you have captured what I feel is the biggest problem with our society today!

No. People will believe what they want to believe. Blaming the media for so much is a giant cop out.

LOL you are one of those living in a bunker. go ahead and be miserable. the rest of us are joyful and living the good life without all those rights you are missing and scared of missing.

No. People will believe what they want to believe. Blaming the media for so much is a giant cop out.
its not the media. its people. they look for excuses for their problems. they are self focused. thats why so many complain about losing their INDIVIDUAL rights and blame others when they lose arguments or elections. Its okay to be wrong. its okay to say i dont know. Its okay to care about your neighbors as much as you care about yourself

You don't understand. There is NOTHING of economic value out there. If Russia and China are going to be stupid,
then I say ok. Let them waste their money. Let them weaken themselves.

BTW, we don't need zero gravity to write computer code.

LMFAO are you serious?? Just do a 2 minute google search and you will see there is huge value in mining in outer space, and probably a lot of other things we don't even know about. I was going to explain all the riches available in space and post links but there is soooo much information on this, if you don't believe it and are unwilling to look then me posting it probably isn't going to help.

You cannot seriously believe that in an infinite universe (100billion stars/planets X 100billion stars/planets) that this one rock we call earth is the only place that has resources of any value.

LOL you are one of those living in a bunker. go ahead and be miserable. the rest of us are joyful and living the good life without all those rights you are missing and scared of missing.
Oh yes ! Yes eat ...drink and be merry!! Again...you forget what the Patriot act gave us...laws and more laws take, but never give back. Tell it to those under Castro, Stalin, Mao , Pol pot ,
We have it fairly well, but are we now the 17 or 20st most free nation?? And falling,
Wrong direction and IF under Harris .watch that drop off.
Anyway your young , I like that....bunker has cable🤔

why did you even bother responding? none of the fear brought on by the radical right will ever transpire. Its so stupid there is no reason to respond. the majority of republicans dont think all their rights are going to be taken away. Only the radical ones. almost always without college degrees. since they dont have good jobs they spend most their time in their basements reading about and joining radical groups so they feel like part of a group instead of isolated

I thought it was good advice?

good advice

🙄

Haven’t been in here forever, but good to see things haven’t changed. I would leave you with this: what we are seeing as a the evolution from a homogeneous, , older, white, male, christian (not Christ centered), heterosexual culture to one that is younger, multicultural and multi-belief. Change has happened multiple times in our short history and will happen again. It will be painful as all changes are, but the country will be fine, just different. That is the benefit of freedom, freedom means change not the freedom to be like one group tells you to be...if we don’t change, we will stagnate which is what happens if older generations are allowed to stay in power too long. Again, don’t stress over it the country will be fine...

LMFAO are you serious?? Just do a 2 minute google search and you will see there is huge value in mining in outer space, and probably a lot of other things we don't even know about. I was going to explain all the riches available in space and post links but there is soooo much information on this, if you don't believe it and are unwilling to look then me posting it probably isn't going to help.

You cannot seriously believe that in an infinite universe (100billion stars/planets X 100billion stars/planets) that this one rock we call earth is the only place that has resources of any value.

That's what I said a couple pages ago. It isn't even that hard to figure out.

Reactions: zrob

Are you serious? If there was economic value/potential, the private sector would already have been all over it.

You trust information from Google over what businesses are NOT doing?

Are you serious? If there was economic value/potential, the private sector would already have been all over it.

You trust information from Google over what businesses are NOT doing?

I think it’s fun to bold random words when I post. Everyone knows this will make people take me super serious.

That's what I said a couple pages ago. It isn't even that hard to figure out.

Brilliant. ZRob's comment. We're not going all over the Universe. Ten trillion times a needle in a haystack. You guys think things are costless.

Brilliant. ZRob's comment. We're not going all over the Universe. Ten trillion times a needle in a haystack. You guys think things are costless.

Hardly. I noted the up front costs. But hey... bitch and whine because other people have ideas that can work if given a chance. Have at.

People need to not take you serious. At least on this issue.

It’s not an issue. 0.01% of the federal budget will go to space exploration. It’s a good thing, and I can’t wait until Americans land on Mars. All of us will be cheering while catcher boy will be crying in his mom’s basement.

It’s not an issue. 0.01% of the federal budget will go to space exploration. It’s a good thing, and I can’t wait until Americans land on Mars. All of us will be cheering while catcher boy will be crying in his mom’s basement.

With what Congress?

For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.

People will love themselves. They will love money. They will talk about themselves and be proud. They will say wrong things about people. They will not obey their parents. They will not be thankful. They will not keep anything holy. They will have no love. They will not agree with anybody. They will tell lies about people. They will have no self-control. They will beat people. They will not love anything that is good. They cannot be trusted. They will act quickly, without thinking. They are proud of themselves. They love to have fun more than they love God.

What sorrow for those who say that evil is good and good is evil, that dark is light and light is dark, that bitter is sweet and sweet is bitter. What sorrow for those who are wise in their own eyes and think themselves so clever. What sorrow for those who are heroes at drinking wine and boast about all the alcohol they can hold. They take bribes to let the wicked go free, and they punish the innocent. Therefore, just as fire licks up stubble and dry grass shrivels in the flame, so their roots will rot and their flowers wither.
Whoa...where did you find that?

Hardly. I noted the up front costs. But hey... bitch and whine because other people have ideas that can work if given a chance. Have at.

You noted them?

This article says $3 million for a satellite. And they probably won't even raise that much.

A fool and his money are soon parted. By all means ... invest and tell us all when you do. And how much.

You are 100% right. I wonder what it is that is driving people to need that kind of interaction. Just looking at it from a psychological standpoint, what is missing in any given person's life that drives them towards confrontational discussion? It can't be just as simple as ego, where they want the satisfaction of changing someone's mind. Weird times.
WAY too many people have WAY too much time on their hands to spend on social media. It is also true that WAY too many people spend WAY too much time watching the cable news. Oh for the days when the local news got a half an hour and the national network got another half an hour....... Life would be SO much better.

You noted them?

This article says $3 million for a satellite. And they probably won't even raise that much.

A fool and his money are soon parted. By all means ... invest and tell us all when you do. And how much.
NASA has already taken samples from an asteroid with mining one in their sights at some point.

What's interesting is that the same people who are sure global warming is going to kill us all, doesn't want us to develop interplanetary space flight.

What's interesting is that the same people who are sure global warming is going to kill us all, doesn't want us to develop interplanetary space flight.

I don't know a single person who is against such wasteful spending as I. And I am not a anti-global warming Dem.

You noted them?

I said single-digit trillion up front but the numbers I saw cut aluminum costs by 95%. And we aren't even going into rare earths and other things hard to get.

I also noted with Amazon worth 1.5 trillion that this was closer than people think.

I said single-digit trillion up front but the numbers I saw cut aluminum costs by 95%. And we aren't even going into rare earths and other things hard to get.

I also noted with Amazon worth 1.5 trillion that this was closer than people think.

You clearly haven't thought this through or have the right data. Cuts of aluminum costs of 95%?

You clearly haven't thought this through or have the right data. Cuts of aluminum costs of 95%?

Would you prefer I used copper or any other metal?

The point was that compared to earth based mining, the costs of metals and other resources would plummet. That's worth an eventual investment. It's the up front costs getting them.

You're joyful and living the good life? You spend ten hours a day on a website obsessing over Trump and masks, and that's just one site. I can't imagine you have much time to do anything else. Buuuuut, maybe this is your idea of joy and living the good life. Oh well, cheers!

Reactions: Bigred_b1624
I don't know a single person who is against such wasteful spending as I. And I am not a anti-global warming Dem.
This is a situation where the spending generates far more in economic return that it costs IMO. It's like a business's research and development budget. Those dollars spent by NASA turn over in the economy on average 3 times every year. The other factor is the national defense aspect of what we're doing. Make no mistake, there's a huge component of what is going on at NASA that is to counter what the Soviets and China are doing in trying to develop space based weapons. Right now a HUGE concern is the potential for them completely neutralizing our entire communications system by disabling satellites.

Reactions: countrybob
WAY too many people have WAY too much time on their hands to spend on social media. It is also true that WAY too many people spend WAY too much time watching the cable news. Oh for the days when the local news got a half an hour and the national network got another half an hour....... Life would be SO much better.
well our national leaders have done nothing to tone down the rhetoric in the media. we as a people are too stupid to realize what the extreme nature of the media has done to our mentalities. Our president and other leaders are just as culpable as any media in influencing how people engage each other. If our national leaders spoke about each other with a more respectful tone i think the country would follow. the majority of politicians are more concerned about being re-elected than they are in doing something good for the country. we need strict term limits to disincentivize the re-election focus.

This is a situation where the spending generates far more in economic return that it costs IMO. It's like a business's research and development budget. Those dollars spent by NASA turn over in the economy on average 3 times every year. The other factor is the national defense aspect of what we're doing. Make no mistake, there's a huge component of what is going on at NASA that is to counter what the Soviets and China are doing in trying to develop space based weapons. Right now a HUGE concern is the potential for them completely neutralizing our entire communications system by disabling satellites.

We could get that "turnover" with many other areas of research. We're not going to the moon again or Mars.
Much of the "research" is direct for such missions. Not much there for spinoffs to other sectors.

ADVERTISEMENT