ADVERTISEMENT

OT: In laws Covid story

husker2612

Recruiting Coordinator
Nov 29, 2010
Maybe nobody cares but I know there is a lot of uncertainty and fear put out there with Covid, especially from the media. Many haven't had it or don't know anyone who has it. When we listen to the news it seems if you get it you are doomed. Recently my in laws all got it. I wanted to let you all know the symptoms and issues of each to maybe better understand it and maybe not fear it.

My in-laws live up in Minneapolis. My mother in law and father in law were hosting a 4th of July Party on the 4th. My mother in law started not feel good that day but thought it was just allergies so they continued on with their party. Including them 11 people total were at the party for a total of about 6 hours. Most of it was spent outdoors. 9 of the 11 people ended up getting covid here is each ones symptoms and result. Most developed symptoms 2-4 days after exposure.

2 year old. Developed symptoms about 3-4 days after the party. low fever for a couple days was back to himself after 3 or 4 days.

6 year old. Never got it or at least had no symptoms

8 year old- high fever, throwing up, body aches for a couple days. Had a bad cough for about a week. Back to normal after a week.

11 year old- fevers, body aches, for 3-4 days. Cough for a week. Back to normal after a week.

32 year old- fevers, body aches for 3-4 days bad cough. Ended up with pneumonia a week into it. Went on anti biotics. Feeling back to normal 3 weeks after

30 year old- fever body aches for 3-4 days. bad cough for a week. Back to normal 2 weeks after.

60 year old- sore throat, slight cough, for a couple days,no fever. Got tested but it came back negative.

62 year old- ( mother in law the one who infected everyone) fever, body aches for 3-4 days. Bad cough turn into pneumonia after a week. Went on antibiotics. Back to normal 4 weeks in.

2 other were also at the party I don't know them they were my inlaws friends. Both in their 60s. Sounded like similar symptoms. Neither developed pneumonia were. I don't know how long before they were better

95 year old- as expected she got it the worst. Similar symptoms as the other adults, ended up with pneumonia and in the hospital about a week or so into it. Couldn't keep oxygen up. They tried an experimental treatment on her. I don't remember the name of it. She was in the hospital on oxygen for 2 weeks. Came home on oxygen. Just was able to get off it and back to normal last week.

minus the pneumonia they said the other symptoms felt similar to influenza A. After hearing from them it is something I am sure going to do my best to avoid getting, but Im not afraid of it. Im not going to lock myself or my family in our house and not live.

Maybe nobody cares but I know there is a lot of uncertainty and fear put out there with Covid, especially from the media. Many haven't had it or don't know anyone who has it. When we listen to the news it seems if you get it you are doomed. Recently my in laws all got it. I wanted to let you all know the symptoms and issues of each to maybe better understand it and maybe not fear it.

My in-laws live up in Minneapolis. My mother in law and father in law were hosting a 4th of July Party on the 4th. My mother in law started not feel good that day but thought it was just allergies so they continued on with their party. Including them 11 people total were at the party for a total of about 6 hours. Most of it was spent outdoors. 9 of the 11 people ended up getting covid here is each ones symptoms and result. Most developed symptoms 2-4 days after exposure.

2 year old. Developed symptoms about 3-4 days after the party. low fever for a couple days was back to himself after 3 or 4 days.

8 year old- high fever, throwing up, body aches for a couple days. Had a bad cough for about a week. Back to normal after a week.

11 year old- fevers, body aches, for 3-4 days. Cough for a week. Back to normal after a week.

32 year old- fevers, body aches for 3-4 days bad cough. Ended up with pneumonia a week into it. Went on anti biotics. Feeling back to normal 3 weeks after

30 year old- fever body aches for 3-4 days. bad cough for a week. Back to normal 2 weeks after.

60 year old- sore throat, slight cough, for a couple days,no fever. Got tested but it came back negative.

62 year old- ( mother in law the one who infected everyone) fever, body aches for 3-4 days. Bad cough turn into pneumonia after a week. Went on antibiotics. Back to normal 4 weeks in.

2 other were also at the party I don't know them they were my inlaws friends. Both in their 60s. Sounded like similar symptoms. Neither developed pneumonia were. I don't know how long before they were better

95 year old- as expected she got it the worst. Similar symptoms as the other adults, ended up with pneumonia and in the hospital about a week or so into it. Couldn't keep oxygen up. They tried an experimental treatment on her. I don't remember the name of it. She was in the hospital on oxygen for 2 weeks. Came home on oxygen. Just was able to get off it and back to normal last week.

minus the pneumonia they said the other symptoms felt similar to influenza A. After hearing from them it is something I am sure going to do my best to avoid getting, but Im not afraid of it. Im not going to lock myself or my family in our house and not live.
My wife's super obese cousin had wheezing and sinus congestion for a week or so. She is back to trickin.
50 year old

Last edited:
I had it in June. Caught it most likely on a Walleye fishing trip to Canada with a buddy who also tested positive. I am 61. I have asthma. Bad. I was sick with Covid for a week. Bad cough. Fever. Felt fine in a week with zero lingering after effects.
My buddy was sick for two days then was fine.

Play ****ing football

I had it in June. Caught it most likely on a Walleye fishing trip to Canada with a buddy who also tested positive. I am 61. I have asthma. Bad. I was sick with Covid for a week. Bad cough. Fever. Felt fine in a week with zero lingering after effects.

Play ****ing football

How long did it take for you to find out your were positive?

Agreed. Time to play football. (Not even sarcastic)

We just need to let the virus burn through the population and move on. Most reputable studies put the death rate at about 0.3-0.4%. That translates to 700k to 800k dead if we get herd immunity at 70% infected.

the US has never had a disease or war with huge casualties so it would be our biggest casualty event so let’s get at it!

Play ****ing football
Your experience is pretty typical. Yet the media (and jlb321) keep finding the one in a million cases to sensationalize to perpetuate the fear. IF you're in a good nutritional state and getting lots of sunshine, generally you do well. There are a LOT of people still out there who have had it and don't realize it. On a whim because she had a runny nose a 72 year old friend of mine got tested. Bingo. Positive. She had one day of a runny nose and a few chills. That was it. I think her persistent >.08 blood alcohol level was more than the virus could take....

Agreed. Time to play football. (Not even sarcastic)

We just need to let the virus burn through the population and move on. Most reputable studies put the death rate at about 0.3-0.4%. That translates to 700k to 800k dead if we get herd immunity at 70% infected.

the US has never had a disease or war with huge casualties so it would be our biggest casualty event so let’s get at it!
We're not letting it burn through the population by letting 18-23 year olds play football. Letting it burn through the college population is going to happen regardless of whether or not they're playing sports or attending class in person. Good Lord, go look around any town in America at what is going on including cities with "stay home" orders.

Additionally, Fauci now says that roughly 50% of Americans apparently have some T-cell immunity to previous generic Corona virus infections which explains the varying degrees of susceptibility we've seeing. An earlier study at Oxford University in the U.K. had suggested that all it was going to take was roughly a 20% infection rate to develop a population immunity because of that cross protection.

Last edited:
200.gif

Almost 170k dead now here in the US.
And there is a poster here who had a brother and sister-in-law die from the virus. People should know that as well.
It's hardly one-in-a-million and people really shouldn't keep trying to minimize it either.
And why do people keep saying stuff like 'locking yourself in a house and not living?'
You can mask up, be responsible about social distancing and still spend plenty of time outside living.
I do it every day. Easy-peasy really.

And there is a poster here who had a brother and sister-in-law die from the virus. People should know that as well.
It's hardly one-in-a-million and people really shouldn't keep trying to minimize it either.
And why do people keep saying stuff like 'locking yourself in a house and not living?'
You can mask up, be responsible about social distancing and still spend plenty of time outside living.

Go to bars? Watching sports? Having more than 10 people over to the house for a get together? No..... not living

Just like the thousand or so health care workers that have died from this....all were going to die within 2-3 weeks anyways, right?

Watch this board in 3-4 months. Most of these people will be the first to say "told you so" if the B1G made the wrong decision by not playing. Very few will step up and admit they were wrong if it turns out the B1G made the right call.

Just like the thousand or so health care workers that have died from this....all were going to die within 2-3 weeks anyways, right?

Watch this board in 3-4 months. Most of these people will be the first to say "told you so" if the B1G made the wrong decision by not playing. Very few will step up and admit they were wrong if it turns out the B1G made the right call.

And watch if it turns out that the Big Ten made the wrong decision, you won't be around to say you were wrong either. Crazy how that works both ways.

And watch if it turns out that the Big Ten made the wrong decision, you won't be around to say you were wrong either. Crazy how that works both ways.
I'm not saying one way or the other. I'm not the one that will be on the hook for whatever consequences come of it.

Pretty easy for us to yap from the cheap seats.....

wow we've got a prima donna. I'm guessing life was disappointing even before the virus

Oh look B-I-N-G-O is here to defend. The dude posted like he was living his normal life, just with a mask and 6 feet of social distance. He isn't, I'm not and neither are you.

clap - I - N - G - O

clap - clap - N - G - O

everyone sing

Reactions: leodisflowers

NO one is locking themselves in the house or their family. so that makes you like everyone else in the world. My wife's best friend's mom was a healthy 80 year old and died from covid. Neighbors dad double pneumonia told was a day away from dying instead improved and out of hospital after a month. brother in law and niece asymptomatic. another niece 2 weeks with a fever 4 months later still feels out of shape and tired. We're skipping family bday party but life is still good.

NO one is locking themselves in the house or their family. so that makes you like everyone else in the world. My wife's best friend's mom was a healthy 80 year old and died from covid. Neighbors dad double pneumonia told was a day away from dying instead improved and out of hospital after a month. brother in law and niece asymptomatic. another niece 2 weeks with a fever 4 months later still feels out of shape and tired. We're skipping family bday party but life is still good.
You know...a month in the hospital...no big deal. Exhaustion for 4 months...sounds perfectly normal to me.

Reactions: Charlie Marlow
Oh look B-I-N-G-O is here to defend. The dude posted like he was living his normal life, just with a mask and 6 feet of social distance. He isn't, I'm not and neither are you.

clap - I - N - G - O

clap - clap - N - G - O

everyone sing
i'm still living a good life. most people have given up some things and changed others. But i wouldn't say in a million years i'm not living life because i can't go to a bar or watch sports in person. You sound miserable. I'm sorry its been harder for some than others. I hope this goes away sooner than later and things get back to something more normal. Good luck

Yep....because I'm the only one out of God knows how many people that post here that has ever done so. I'm sure all of your opinions are uniquely your own.

Take a hike.

Nope I post others opinions all the time, then I agree or disagree with them. If I agree with them, and am then questioned about it, I defend my position. I don't recall ever telling someone to take it up with the person that doesn't post on this board.

Think I'll stick around, thanks

Last edited:
i'm still living a good life. most people have given up some things and changed others. But i wouldn't say in a million years i'm not living life because i can't go to a bar or watch sports in person. You sound miserable. I'm sorry its been harder for some than others. I hope this goes away sooner than later and things get back to something more normal. Good luck
Amazing how angry people are getting because they feel that their identity is taken away.....

Meanwhile, 100+ 18 to 23 year-olds in Lincoln somehow manage not to be lashing out at everyone on internet chat boards....and they're the ones suffering the most from this. Same with the kids at the other 9 schools in the state that play college football that are also seeing their season go away.

You are living the life that someone else is dictating you need to live. Good on you. Not the way I do my thing.

Person from the CDC said it was .1 per 100k for school age kids and below which he literally said was "one in a million".

Amazing how angry people are getting because they feel that their identity is taken away.....

Meanwhile, 100+ 18 to 23 year-olds in Lincoln somehow manage not to be lashing out at everyone on internet chat boards....and they're the ones suffering the most from this. Same with the kids at the other 9 schools in the state that play college football that are also seeing their season go away.

Is this your opinion or should we expect you to tell us to take it up with the original person at some point?

You know...a month in the hospital...no big deal. Exhaustion for 4 months...sounds perfectly normal to me.
i'm not trying to make a specific point other than different people have very different experiences with the virus. The niece is only 25. I know the data shows mainly mild stuff in most people. But there are so many people getting it that even a small percentage with severe disease is a LOT of people. The problem with just everyone getting it is you can't control who gets it and it will find its way to people who will suffer as a result. Do i want to have my entire extended family over for bday parties? yes. But we dont want to take the risk that what happened with some of these other people happens to another family member. Instead we go for a walk with individual family members. i dont really get the outrage.

Reactions: Charlie Marlow
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT