ADVERTISEMENT

OT: If Baseball Was Hockey

king_kong_

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Nov 4, 2021
byron buxton would be eating a right cross or 3

sucks MLB players cannot police their game anymore. this is dirty as hell.

GOtSDc1WkAAD9Cq

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
I just watched the play, and didn’t see anything. Need another angle maybe, but not sure what he was supposed to have done that was so dirty…

Looks like he purposely drove his knee into the outstretched first basemen. He had plenty of bag to use. He did end up hurting the guy. Very dirty
I watched it several times and didn’t see any contact happen… what am I missing?

I watched it several times and didn’t see any contact happen… what am I missing?
He ran to the inside of the bag and initiated the contact

Deserves to wear 95mph+ in the ribs at minimum. Total bs play

Reactions: Swiv3D
Ok, finally saw the correct angle. Yeah, not sure why he was so close to the royals first baseman… easily could have been avoided. Not cool.

byron buxton would be eating a right cross or 3

sucks MLB players cannot police their game anymore. this is dirty as hell.

GOtSDc1WkAAD9Cq
You’re taught to run to the edge of the bag so contact is minimized. Only reason to not run to outer edge is to cause contact or fear thereof as the ball is coming from an infielder, since the ball doesn’t appear to be from the catcher.

Never say throw way up and in, yet this man seems to want people to do just that by going after another player without cause.

Not saying he was dirty, HE WASN'T, but you guys should have seen Bob Gibson pitch in High School or in the major leagues. His fastball came in really close to the batter, intentionally. All part of the game.

Not saying he was dirty, HE WASN'T, but you guys should have seen Bob Gibson pitch in High School or in the major leagues. His fastball came in really close to the batter, intentionally. All part of the game.
Those days are long gone, sadly

If not dirty, it was careless as hell. They made the bases bigger to avoid this kind of thing. Buxton was running on the grass inside the baseline on a ball hit to the third baseman. He was apologizing to every Royals player he came near after that.

He still needs to wear one. He should have in the 8th inning when he came up with two out and nobody on.

Sucks, got the Pasquatch on my fantasy team! Seriously though, I would expect that there will be a consequence.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT