ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Ice baths

NebChicago

Senior
Oct 14, 2009
Been taking than lately to make my joints and back feel better. Man do they suck. But seems to help. Anyone else ice bathing?

In general or after a workout? Basically you are temporarily slowing blood flow to the surface and numbing pain receptors. It can actually slow injury recovery times and inhibit muscle growth after lifting. I’d recommend yoga/stretching and foam rolling depending on what you are trying to accomplish.

Reactions: stucknks
This. In as little as 3 minutes at the end of a hot shower primes your circulatory system, muscles and metabolic systems.

I've been doing this the last 2.5 weeks or so, read about it in the wim Hoff method. Worked my way up to 2 minutes, seems to be helping a lot in my joints, especially shoulders. And I just feel more energized in general after I finish the shower.

Hormesis

Exercise
Heat Exposure
Cold Exposure

These trigger all kinds of gene expression and promote great health benefits

Reactions: ThereIsNoPlace
I've been doing this the last 2.5 weeks or so, read about it in the wim Hoff method. Worked my way up to 2 minutes, seems to be helping a lot in my joints, especially shoulders. And I just feel more energized in general after I finish the shower.
Not something I look forward to necessarily, but yeah, eventually I feel pretty good.

Reactions: NYC-Husker
Been taking than lately to make my joints and back feel better. Man do they suck. But seems to help. Anyone else ice bathing?
Try MSM. It really works and you won't freeze your ass off. 😉 I use the crystals and take 1T every night before bed.

fwiw, we have found ice baths are helpful for quick turn around & recovery during weekend rugby 7's tournaments, our local men's players have been using them for at least 7-8 years, for both between matches and end of day - with team trainer guidance of course

fwiw, we have found ice baths are helpful for quick turn around & recovery during weekend rugby 7's tournaments, our local men's players have been using them for at least 7-8 years, for both between matches and end of day - with team trainer guidance of course
Can you explain this rugby player's left hand?
nz_hannah_011046.jpg

Ice baths and cold showers work great but there painful, but you get alot of mileage from a 1 minute cold shower.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT