ADVERTISEMENT

OT: I got carded!

bigboxes

Nebraska Legend
Sep 4, 2004
Arlington, TX
Didn't need it, but there's this hockey game tonight. So, I'm checking out the beer isle at the grocery store. It's all picked through. Then I spot a six pack of Dallas Blonde. Not too bad local brew.

I go to self-checkout and save the alcohol for last, knowing that the cashier has to ok the purchase. I'm waiting for her to bypass the age verification check. I look over at her and she's giving me the look like she was waiting for my ID. I look back and say, "Really??"

I was carded regularly until I was 45. But I'm 54 today. Then I was like, "All right!" Now the last time I got carded has a better story behind it.
pQZ6QaY.png

Didn't need it, but there's this hockey game tonight. So, I'm checking out the beer isle at the grocery store. It's all picked through. Then I spot a six pack of Dallas Blonde. Not too bad local brew.

I go to self-checkout and save the alcohol for last, knowing that the cashier has to ok the purchase. I'm waiting for her to bypass the age verification check. I look over at her and she's giving me the look like she was waiting for my ID. I look back and say, "Really??"

I was carded regularly until I was 45. But I'm 54 today. Then I was like, "All right!" Now the last time I got carded has a better story behind it.
pQZ6QaY.png
There's a bunch of 54 year old looking middle schoolers running around these days.

I got carded at Walmart today. True story. Through the self scan and the attendant had to be 85 and she had one of seat walkers with a basket. She did push the button on the screen that I was over 40

Reactions: bigboxes
PO Pears had a doorman who carded everybody circa 1980. It was their policy. The sorority girls brought their grandmoms there SPECIFICALLY so they would get carded. The grandmas got a kick out of that.

Reactions: tpmcg and bigboxes
when i worked in grocery years ago, we would card everyone.
hardly anyone took it as a compliment.
a lot of grouchy folks in kansas.

Reactions: Cornicator

pQZ6QaY.png

To be fair, most grocery stores have strict carding policies in place. Its the only place I ever get carded, and I'm a 42 year-old dude with a graying beard.

To be fair, most grocery stores have strict carding policies in place. Its the only place I ever get carded, and I'm a 42 year-old dude with a graying beard.
Like I said, the last time anyone carded me was 9 years ago. I go here all the time and no one even gives me a second glance. I was wearing my sniper hat. Maybe that made me look so young. No complaining from me!

I got carded at Walmart today. True story. Through the self scan and the attendant had to be 85 and she had one of seat walkers with a basket. She did push the button on the screen that I was over 40
If you hadn't been carded someone could have been fired. It's a ridiculous policy but it's a policy just the same.

pQZ6QaY.png
You should have selected the Dallas Brunette. Then no problem.

Feliz Cumpleaños

I'm in my 80's and I was carded at Midway Airport buying a beer.

I told the gal selling that she needed glasses.

I WISH I were too young to buy!

I'm in my 80's and I was carded at Midway Airport buying a beer.

I told the gal selling that she needed glasses.

I WISH I were too young to buy!

It was more fun when I was underage. I was legal at 19 in Texas, but underage in Nebraska at the time. Then Texas changed it to 21 when i was 20. I was illegal for another year until I turned 21. No grandfathering for boxes.

ADVERTISEMENT