ADVERTISEMENT

OT Husker Football

MikeRileyGBR

Redshirt Freshman
Sep 27, 2016
Mars
With about a week coming up, how optimistic are you with Husker football this season and the upcoming Illinois game?

Over/under on Omar Manning receptions in the Illinois game, given he’ll actually play?

With about a week coming up, how optimistic are you with Husker football this season and the upcoming Illinois game?

Over/under on Omar Manning receptions in the Illinois game, given he’ll actually play?
ask me after the game. Beat Illinois convincingly and I think we get to 8 wins. Get beat by Illinois no matter how badly and I think things spiral out of control. JMO>

Can’t lose that game. Team that absolutely dominated us last year felt bad enough about their season to fire the coach. One of the worst programs in the conference, if we lose back to back games to them we’re in rough rough shape.

Reactions: HominidHusker

I think we win at least 7 games. I have zero confidence in Manning until he proves otherwise.

If Nebraska struggles with perennial bottom dweller Illinois to start the season, it’s gonna be a long rough season. If Nebraska loses to perennial bottom dweller Illinois to start the season, Trev Alberts better have a long list of coaches phone numbers to start calling.

I’m going with Manning having two receptions.

*EDIT* instead of Trev Alberts having a list of coaches to call and replace Frost, he should do the right thing and just cancel Nebraska football and put all of us out of our misery.

Last edited:
If Nebraska struggles with perennial bottom dweller Illinois to start the season, it’s gonna be a long rough season. If Nebraska loses to perennial bottom dweller Illinois to start the season, Trev Alberts better have a long list of coaches phone numbers to start calling.

*EDIT* instead of Trev Alberts having a list of coaches to call and replace Frost, he should do the right thing and just cancel Nebraska football and put all of us out of our misery.
No, we are like battered wives. We'll never leave our beloved.

Reactions: bshirt73

Illinois has 40+ seniors, due to the super seniors, they upset #6 Wisconsin 24-23 in 2019 and enjoyed a bowl.

In 4 years, nothing like that for Nebraska.

Nebraska needs to win games. Simple as that, but any given Saturday, anyone can win in a conference game, the Illini did 41-23 in Lincoln fueled by 5 turnovers.

Nebraska won last time there 42-38 in an interesting game. Turnovers, special teams and unknowns could boost Illinois, though like 2019, the Huskers should win this one.

Minnesota did go into Champaign last year and won b1g ....

Reactions: MikeRileyGBR

Husker Hockey has a nice ring to it.

Reactions: vs540husker

I’m nervous and agree with @dinglefritz that a loss sends our season spiraling out of control.
I’m not convinced a W leads us to 8 wins though.
It’s a crucial game none the less.

Manning’s gonna have 4 rec for 41 yds, unless he breaks one and puts up 62 yds w/ a TD.
But if he breaks 100 yds with 2 TDs, sign me up for the 8 win season.

I can't understand how Manning can't run a 7 or 9 route.

That is what he did in JUCO, and why we was recruited.

Can he simply not line up in the slot and a run a post?

ADVERTISEMENT