ADVERTISEMENT

OT Hulu Live or YouTubeTV i know this has been hashed over

bleed husker red

All-American
Dec 1, 2002
Spectrum has done pi$$ed me off for the last time.

Having a DVR is important. I'm leaning to youtube

Couple of questions for those that have used it

You get true local channels?

Can you start watching a show you are recording and fastforward through commercials while it is still recording?

How easy is to channel surf? Like between football games?

YTTV is your answer! Unlimited DVR (saves for 6 months), live local channels, pretty much every major channel now. No equipment needed with a smart TV. No contracts, something like $60-65/month.

You can try for free also for a week, at least you could recently. You'll never go back!

Reactions: bleedhuskerred
Oops, never answered your last 2 questions.

Yes, you can record a show while live and fast forward through commercials (or rewind/pause at any time).

Flipping from channel to channel takes about 2 seconds, which takes some getting used to. Not instant like hard wired cable.

I go through HULU live TV. I have unlimited devices, DVR, local channels, and sports package. Totals $69.69. Still use asshole spectrum for internet though. I also get 4K content through Hulu that was premium through spectrum

I use Hulu live as well, and have been pretty pleased with it, and I think since YouTube’s recent price hike Hulu is cheaper, you also have the option to add in premium channels like HBO... I think at this point though it’s 6 one way half dozen the other, it’s all going to be what extra channels you hardly ever watch that you prefer to have.

Reactions: BigRedRising
I use Hulu live as well, and have been pretty pleased with it, and I think since YouTube’s recent price hike Hulu is cheaper, you also have the option to add in premium channels like HBO... I think at this point though it’s 6 one way half dozen the other, it’s all going to be what extra channels you hardly ever watch that you prefer to have.

The delay in loading a live channel is due to the higher latency of the internet. You get used to it, but channel surfing sucks.

I have used the spectrum tv app. I assume the interface and channel changing is similar

It's Spectum's streaming service. They started offering it after I dropped cable tv with them. Be prepared to be spammed heavily by them if you drop services. By heavily, you'll get it by mail and your email. It sucks, but I still have internet with them. Overpriced. Great reliability. I need to see if I can opt out of those emails. It feels so much better to unbundle.

Reactions: BigRedRising
The channel surfing deal is definitely different with YTTV, takes a little getting used to. Basically there are no channel numbers, so that's a new concept. You press one button and it drops down and shows recent channels, you select the one you want. I love YTTV and at this point I wouldn't switch back to DTV if the price was the same.

It's Spectum's streaming service. They started offering it after I dropped cable tv with them. Be prepared to be spammed heavily by them if you drop services. By heavily, you'll get it by mail and your email. It sucks, but I still have internet with them. Overpriced. Great reliability. I need to see if I can opt out of those emails. It feels so much better to unbundle.
I canceled cable, than they offered a free month of streaming. Than after I cancelled it, they tried to charge me for it a couple times. If you can get Allo, definitely do it.

If the Royals are important you have to use HULU Live. YTTV does not carry FSKC in the Nebraska area...which sucks because YTTV is far better IMO.

If the Royals are important you have to use HULU Live. YTTV does not carry FSKC in the Nebraska area...which sucks because YTTV is far better IMO.
That's not true. I'm in Nebraska and have YTTV and have FSKC.

YTTV has been great. The price recently did make a huge jump, but there's not another service that can compete with it for it's channel selection right now. If they could add NFL RedZone for $5, I'll lock myself in for life.

YTTV for me in AZ. My wife is addicted to independent local channel 3 for morning tv and Hulu Live doesn’t carry it. Check your locals carefully if they matter to you.

YTTV has been great. The price recently did make a huge jump, but there's not another service that can compete with it for it's channel selection right now. If they could add NFL RedZone for $5, I'll lock myself in for life.
A few months ago YTTV settled with Sinclair re carriage of local sports channels but omitted LA and Chicago from the deal, I think. (Here in Phoenix we lost local sports channel — Suns and DBacks — on Dish Network over a year ago so Sinclair has had contract disputes elsewhere, too.) The nice thing about streaming is if they get into a carriage dispute and drop your must have channel, you can switch services the next month. No satellite provider two-year contracts to break!

Reactions: saluno22
Spectrum has done pi$$ed me off for the last time.

Having a DVR is important. I'm leaning to youtube

Couple of questions for those that have used it

You get true local channels?

Can you start watching a show you are recording and fastforward through commercials while it is still recording?

How easy is to channel surf? Like between football games?
I

I've had them both. I liked YouTube live a little better. That said if there are no sports since the price hike I won't use either. I have IPTV and again without sports I'll stay with that.

I have YouTube paused until January. Again the only reason I would get it back is for the dvr so I can record Nebraska. Otherwise I'm done with all of them.

I have several apps on my firesticks that I use to watch movies and iptv has more shit than I could ever watch. So aside from football I'll hard pass on both.

Holla

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT