ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Honest Abe's Burgers & Freedom Ranked #3

Awesome burgers. Not sure if worthy of a #3 national ranking but its all subjective so who cares at that point.

Rotating menu so hard to recommend. Fries are great too with a dill ranch for dipping. Bonus that its a great burger place for Lincoln that isnt a chain.

Been there a couple of times. I thought they were pretty good. I think they have a good niche and somewhat of a cult following.

Best burger I’ve still ever had to date came from a little hole in the wall called Clint’s Tavern in Hildreth, NE...the old owner went by “Dally” so they called em’ “DallyBurgers”...rumor had it, he used the same grease over and over for years...helped that he got all his hamburger from the local butcher....this was late 80s/early-mid 90s...it has since changed ownership a handful of times...small town gems are the best

Reactions: SOHusker11
Best burger I’ve still ever had to date came from a little hole in the wall called Clint’s Tavern in Hildreth, NE...the old owner went by “Dally” so they called em’ “DallyBurgers”...rumor had it, he used the same grease over and over for years...helped that he got all his hamburger from the local butcher....this was late 80s/early-mid 90s...it has since changed ownership a handful of times...small town gems are the best
This.
Ive had abes and also some other restaurants throughout the nation which were ranked high, but small town bars have the best burgers. Not all, of course, as some bars have crap food. But theres some small town dives that have way better burgers than anything ive had at abes. Less topping choices, better burger.

I prefer Stella’s and Block 16’s Croque Garçon (Alton brown’s favorite burger). Au Cheval in Chicago has the best burger I’ve ever had.

Is this where I make a smartass comment about the OP being an owner? Like someone did in the indoor trampoline center post?
Not an owner just someone who lives in Ralston wanting to know if this place is that good or not. That's why I posted the article to find out from you guys. Didn't want to waste my time going there and trying them out next time I'm in Lincoln.

For the rest that did answer my question, thanks. Just for the record, as you can see I've been a member since 2002 but don't post much. Enjoy reading everyone's input about the Huskers and OT's too. Just thought I'd share what I came across with you, no hidden agenda, never heard of the place!

Not an owner just someone who lives in Ralston wanting to know if this place is that good or not. That's why I posted the article to find out from you guys. Didn't want to waste my time going there and trying them out next time I'm in Lincoln.

I being sarcastic based on another thread. Not my intention to be rude to you so sorry if it came across as such.

Ona related note, have you tried Best Bison over off of 78th and Dodge? Its fantastic.

I being sarcastic based on another thread. Not my intention to be rude to you so sorry if it came across as such.

Ona related note, have you tried Best Bison over off of 78th and Dodge? Its fantastic.
Thanks for the reply and no never tried Best Bison (didn't even know they were there). I like going to Stella's in Bellevue, think they're better then Dinkers.

Don's in Memphis makes a pretty badass cheeseburger, the beer mugs are kept in the freezer, and it's a bargain compared to anyplace else. My son and I go there a few times a month, well worth the drive IMO.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT