ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Hemingway Doc on PBS

No readers out there? The highlight for me was when he would have sex with his fourth wife and insist that he act like a girl and she act like a boy.

Also one of his sons would wear his mother's panty hose.

Mollie Hemingway has a new book which will be released soon. I highly recommend you pre-order it, read it, and then give it to someone else to read.

The guy was crazy. He spent the beginning of WW2 trying to bait German Uboats to the surface in his fishing boat off key west, so his jai lai playing buddies could sling bombs into their subs.

He drank a lot

• Wow
Reactions: dinglefritz
I read his collection of short stories in my early teens. Awesome. But I think they jaded me

The Short Happy Life of Francis McComber is a fantastic story.

I watched some of the recent TV thing but was familiar with what it offered so I quit.

No readers out there? The highlight for me was when he would have sex with his fourth wife and insist that he act like a girl and she act like a boy.

Also one of his sons would wear his mother's panty hose.
I'm a voracious reader, but this stuff ain't my cup of tea...

Haven't watched it yet, bur plan to. Everything about that guy is pretty unbelievable, but a truly great writer. SALTY

Another short story I really enjoyed was Up In Michigan. I could almost smell the aroma of the trees and the camp fires.

Hemingway could use only a few words to describe something that hit home.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT