ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Help me out, people! ***UPDATE WINNER***

F5Tornado

Senior
Jul 19, 2018
Deciding on choosing a gift from work for years of service, here's some pics of what I've narrowed my choices down to in no particular order, not really needing any of them but all are high quality items, some retailing over $500.00: THE WINNER!

LSHORZ0000S460_1300x1300.jpg

Last edited:
I think both of the watches are gay.

As well as the appliance pkg, air purifier and juicer

And definitely the dildo

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
Weber grill looks like a Performer Deluxe and is a nice grill. Retails for $439.00 at Home Cheapo.

Yeti 65 Tundra is a really nice cooler. Retails for $299.99 on Amazon.

P.S. Who the hell wears a watch anymore.

Weber grill looks like a Performer Deluxe and is a nice grill. Retails for $439.00 at Home Cheapo.

Yeti 65 Tundra is a really nice cooler. Retails for $299.99 on Amazon.

I put the watches in there since they are two of the pricier items, both retailing in the $500 range, but I don't wear one, maybe Roger Federer can give me some tips on wearing one!

If you even think about the appliances, juicer, or whatever the hell that air thing is, you don't deserve a gift.

Grill, sound-bar, or cooler is the choice. Depending on how much the soundbar retails for and whether you have one or a nice TV.

If you even think about the appliances, juicer, or whatever the hell that air thing is, you don't deserve a gift.

Grill, sound-bar, or cooler is the choice. Depending on how much the soundbar retails for and whether you have one or a nice TV.
Awesome! Laughing Hey, Jack Lalanne had a power juicer!

jack_lalanne.jpg

If it were ME (read: not you)

1. Cusinart is top grade. Don't need toaster. Got a great GE toaster that is incredible. Don't need food processor. I have a set of Henckels Professional S knives. Blows away that and is a lot easier to clean up. Don't drink coffee so don't need coffee maker. I have single pod maker somewhere in a cabinet for the missus if she wants that rare cup of coffee. Don't need the blender. I have a commercial grade blender that will smoke that model.

2. Weber makes great grills. I just bought a two burner propane grill of theirs. But I do like charcoal once in a while when I have the time. Put this down for a maybe.

3. JBL is an ok brand. But soundbars are too much compromise for me. My main tv has monster tower mains that weigh 80lbs each. That soundbar can't replicate that sound nor the power that is put off my Denon. Funny thing, my center and surround speakers are JBL. Plus, I wouldn't want that in my bedrooms. Just don't need that much sound there.

4. The watch is cool.

5. Bose??? LOL

6. Dyson. Nah.

7. Yeti is ok. Not sure I NEED it. If I had everything else... maybe.

8. The watch is very cool.

9. Already have a juicer I'm not using. Why? I already have an commercial grade blender that will turn most anything to a puree. (See #1).

Reactions: F5Tornado

I do. I hadn't worn one in years due to cell phones. But then I wanted to know the time at work without whipping my cell phone out every time. Enter my watches once again. Wear a Seiko on a regular basis when going out in public. I take it off when I get home as there are clocks everywhere at home. Plus, you look put together even when you are just wearing shorts and a t-shirt.

Reactions: Huskerfan2112
Cuisinart package and donate to a family of need.

Then go tell your cheap ass company to match your gift with dollars to the the same family

I wore my Casio GShock for 11 years until the band broke mid strap. Then I got another one despite having a cell phone and I wear it still.

I'd get the grill tho

Deciding on choosing a gift from work for years of service, here's some pics of what I've narrowed my choices down to in no particular order, not really needing any of them but all are high quality items, some retailing over $500.00:

1) Cuisinart Appliance Package
LSHORZ0000S478_1300x1300.jpg

2) Weber Charcoal Grill
LSHORZ0000S460_1300x1300.jpg

3) JBL Soundbar System
LSHORZ0000S470_1300x1300.jpg

4)Tourneau Men's Watch
LSHORZ0000S274_1300x1300.jpg

5) Bose Home Speaker 500
LSHORZ0000S622_1300x1300.jpg

6) Dyson Pure Cool Link Desk Air Purifier Fan
LSHORZ0000S643_1300x1300.jpg

7) Yeti Tundra 65-Quart Cooler
LSHORZ0000S605_1300x1300.jpg

8) Tissot Men's Watch
LSHORZ0000S626_1300x1300.jpg

9) Kuvings Whole Foods Slow Juicer
LSHORZ0000S398_1300x1300.jpg
I have a quisanart coffee maker. Wouldn't buy it again fwiw. I'll use it till it dies but wouldn't buy it again

I recently had my 25 year anniversary at work. These gifts are nicer than what I got to choose from. Ours averaged about $100. I ended up grabbing a pair of Oakley Flak Jacket sunglasses which looked like they sell for about $150. I would have never bought them for myself.

FWIW, i like the Grill or Yeti, gave up on watches upon college graduation, ran my own business so no hard deadlines to be anywhere & if I needed to know either vehicle, computer or cell tell the time. Coworker has #6, not overly impressed within the office setting anyway. Just won a fresh Yeti 35 and love it, can't wait to fill it with Salmon & Halibut! Congrats on your achievement/ time served.

I know C2O is a HUGE watch guy. I remember him saying he has several hundred of them, & there is no doubt C20 is the coolest cat on this board.

Personally, I would go with either the Bose speaker or the sound bar. If the Weber grill was a pellet smoker, I would chose that.

I wouldn't take a watch unless you wear watches. You did say that you don't really need anything, but if it were me I would take the Cuisinart package because I think my wife would love it, it would be seen and used a lot. The other items seem more like specialty stuff. If you tailgate and camp a lot the Yeti cooler could make sense. I'm assuming you already have stereo speakers and the like. Why not just upgrade your kitchen appliances?

I wouldn't take a watch unless you wear watches. You did say that you don't really need anything, but if it were me I would take the Cuisinart package because I think my wife would love it, it would be seen and used a lot. The other items seem more like specialty stuff. If you tailgate and camp a lot the Yeti cooler could make sense. I'm assuming you already have stereo speakers and the like. Why not just upgrade your kitchen appliances?

We do have a fairly new toaster, a commercial grade (2hp) blender, a nice Hamilton Beach coffee maker (I only use it when my mom comes for a visit or around the holidays), so I probably won't go with those.

I do like the Weber grill, as it can be used as a smoker as well, so it's a lean that way. I do have good speakers for my stereo system, so the JBL would be out, and I do have a few small blue tooth speakers (Anker) to sync up with my pad or old mp3 player. I do have a decent gas bbq grill and recently updated the grates, burners, etc., so it's good for awhile, but I like charcoal grills and the Weber, as mentioned, can be used as a smoker, which would be nice to have. I'll have to get some pointers from DerHusker on the finer points of smoking and grilling!

It would be the yeti for me. It's the only one out of any of them I would use.

I guess bottom line, get what you would use and enjoy the most. Don't take the highest priced item and not use/enjoy it

We do have a fairly new toaster, a commercial grade (2hp) blender, a nice Hamilton Beach coffee maker (I only use it when my mom comes for a visit or around the holidays), so I probably won't go with those.

I do like the Weber grill, as it can be used as a smoker as well, so it's a lean that way. I do have good speakers for my stereo system, so the JBL would be out, and I do have a few small blue tooth speakers (Anker) to sync up with my pad or old mp3 player. I do have a decent gas bbq grill and recently updated the grates, burners, etc., so it's good for awhile, but I like charcoal grills and the Weber, as mentioned, can be used as a smoker, which would be nice to have. I'll have to get some pointers from DerHusker on the finer points of smoking and grilling!
The secret to sucessful grilling and smoking is airflow control. If you get the kettle, spend some time just trying to master controlling the temperature to where you want it. Briquettes are cheap so just do a couple of test fires to learn how the different vent settings produce different temperatures. Although a kettle isn't quite as rock solid efficient as a kamado, they can hold a temperature within 10 degrees of where you want it. Here's a Chicken Sharwarma cook I did last year on my pretty little redhead kettle.

I was able to get the kettle up to 350 to roast the Sharwarma and it held that temp to within 10 degrees the entire cook. In the 3rd pic I moved the Sharwarma over the coals in the charcoal baskets to develop some char (that Sharwarma is supose to have) You should get some of these baskets (if you get the kettle) to help you get direct and indirect grilling areas. ($16.99 at Home Cheapo) There are plenty of other accessories that will help you cook pretty much anything.

Also helpful to join another online message board for cooking and grilling. I'm active on two of them. (BBQ-Brethren.com and kamadoguru.com)

Good luck and congratulations.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT