ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Hastings Little Leaguers Headed to LLWS

My son's team was on ESPN top 10 plays on May 17. Any other intelligent remarks, smart ass? What's your argument with me here anyway? I'm not following you if there's a point other than just being a dick in general.
Also, truly not trying to be an ass, just finding the insertion of comments about travel teams odd. Then the insertion of bragging comments is also a bit off putting.

Best of luck to your son.

Anyone know where you can see the roster for the Hastings squad?

Bottom of this page

Reactions: headcard
Don't know anything about the Hastings team but thank goodness it was only 6 inning game and they got the offense rolling early. The sixth inning was scary. Thought maybe gonna walk in winning run. Had hard time finding strike zone. Ball kept floating on the kid.

Congratulations boys. Took down a pretty talented NJ team. Keep up the momentum!!

My biggest concern for the Hastings team is depth. They only have 10 players. It has some advantages but I think pitching or lack there of depth wise will catch up to them. But who knows. Maybe there's more arms on the team.

Winner's bracket yeah

My biggest concern for the Hastings team is depth. They only have 10 players. It has some advantages but I think pitching or lack there of depth wise will catch up to them. But who knows. Maybe there's more arms on the team.

Winner's bracket yeah
My son's 12U team this year had only 10 players as we lost one during the season, and we played close to 75 games (way too many!!) and made it work. Lots of weekend tourneys in the heat and we got through ok.

10 works well as long as no one gets hurt and you have several catchers. A leaner team can catch fire very quickly.

I do think they'll have an advantage b/c other teams with 13+ will have to find a way to get in all batters. And I'm guessing Hastings 10th player is better than a lot of the end of the bench players on the bigger teams.

As far as pitching goes, Hastings pitcher today was their ace (obviously), and their pitching depth drops off big after him however. He's their stud. They do have many that can pitch though, should have enough depth, but not many Aces like the other teams will have. Who knows though, as they are definitely playing hot right now!!

Fun to watch this year with a Nebraska team!!

My son's 12U team this year had only 10 players as we lost one during the season, and we played close to 75 games (way too many!!) and made it work. Lots of weekend tourneys in the heat and we got through ok.

10 works well as long as no one gets hurt and you have several catchers. A leaner team can catch fire very quickly.

I do think they'll have an advantage b/c other teams with 13+ will have to find a way to get in all batters. And I'm guessing Hastings 10th player is better than a lot of the end of the bench players on the bigger teams.

As far as pitching goes, Hastings pitcher today was their ace (obviously), and their pitching depth drops off big after him however. He's their stud. They do have many that can pitch though, should have enough depth, but not many Aces like the other teams will have. Who knows though, as they are definitely playing hot right now!!

Fun to watch this year with a Nebraska team!!
Yes I enjoyed it. I DVR the other games and watched them today. Hey of course I'm pulling for Hastings. Just watching the other games today, I felt we had the least pitching depth. As you said there's others. AND I'm not sure how the rules are for pitching again etc

Yes I enjoyed it. I DVR the other games and watched them today. Hey of course I'm pulling for Hastings. Just watching the other games today, I felt we had the least pitching depth. As you said there's others. AND I'm not sure how the rules are for pitching again etc
little%20league%20pitch%20count.png

See attached LL pitching rest rules. LLWS is 11-12 year olds. There are also rules regarding pitching and catching in the same game, and other arm safety measures in LL.

As I stated in other another post...I wish all youth leagues would follow these pitching rest guidelines. It's the wild wild west out there, coaches destroying kids' arms to win youth tournaments and games.

Little League does a lot right...

Last edited:
Reactions: huskerfan66
The kid that finished today pitched a complete game shutout in the regional final. They definitely have a top two. Looks like they play next on Sunday, so I assume he can start that game.

i would have to believe Bolt is watching that lefty from South Dakota.........however, he may get drafted right out of high school if things keep progressing. espn commentators said a certain person (can't remember the name...he did play MLB) made the comment he may be the best pitcher he has seen at this level.

watching the game as i type---believe it's 10 strikeouts through 4 innings against Louisiana
a perfect game and a no-hitter coming out of regionals

Last edited:

Winner's bracket yeah
I actually think it is a positive.

They have their set, and they will roll with it. They have 2 solid pitchers, and likely 3 or 4 others that can toss a bit if need be.

Comes down to hitting, because while they have solid pitching, it isn't overwhelming like we see at this level sometimes. They'll run into a buzzsaw or two that throws serious heat they've never seen. They have to hit that.

I actually think it is a positive.

They have their set, and they will roll with it. They have 2 solid pitchers, and likely 3 or 4 others that can toss a bit if need be.

Comes down to hitting, because while they have solid pitching, it isn't overwhelming like we see at this level sometimes. They'll run into a buzzsaw or two that throws serious heat they've never seen. They have to hit that.

If I saw SC correctly this morning the next team they face, Washington, just tossed a no hitter on 77 pitches. So that kid is out of the way....

Hastings did pretty good although they lost by 8. Was tied 3-3 into extra innings but gave up 8 runs in the 7th for the loss. VERY good Hawaii team. Probably going to win the whole thing imo

Looked like a great game last night...stayin alive, nice work boys!! That kid on the mound for us looked like a giant compared to a few other players.

Glad to hear they won. I forgot to record it. Heard an update on the radio that we were ahead 3-0 but they didn't give inning or anything

I know this might be way out there but who says you can't play baseball in northern states. Ohio and Michigan in LLWS championship game

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT