ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Hall of Fame snub

I don't follow this much but maybe it is easier to say who isn't in, seems like everyone gets in eventually.

Reactions: Sinomatic
I don't think the Moody Blues or some other good groups are in there either. Yet Madonna and some other trash are in their despite having no rock and roll songs. Its a joke, but I heard its the product of 3 guys who decide which musicians get nominated. They can also control who gets in. That's why generally don't pay attention to it. It took a massive fan campaign for Rush to get in as well.

I don't think the Moody Blues or some other good groups are in there either. Yet Madonna and some other trash are in their despite having no rock and roll songs. Its a joke, but I heard its the product of 3 guys who decide which musicians get nominated. They can also control who gets in. That's why generally don't pay attention to it. It took a massive fan campaign for Rush to get in as well.

She got in because she had sex with everyone who's in there.

You know who else? And hear me out on this.

I think Weird Al Yankovoc deserves to be in. Long career. Writes great stuff. It takes real talent to do some of his parodies. The “ smells like teen spirit” one he did it amazing. The “american pie” parody took a really crappy 2.5 hr starwars movie and condensed it to a catchy 5 min song that told the whole story. The guy should be in

The Moody Blues were inducted this year.

Hmm I thought the Moody blue's finally got in this year. Maybe I'm wrong

Bad Company has been eligible for 19 years and has never even been nominated.

Sorry, but if a middle of the road band can't get in on the first or second try then the probably don't belong. Maybe they can have one last chance 15 or 20 years down the road in case of any major oversight but otherwise too bad. It's called the Hall of Fame for a reason.

Reactions: Spectrumalaska
I'm not saying anything bad about non-rock artists in the RNR HOF. However, they just shouldn't be in when it's called the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame if they don't play Rock N' Roll. Otherwise, they should just rename it to the Music Hall of Fame and be done with it.

The people that run the HOF are well known to show bias to what they consider good music and do not like progressive rock. They do however allow the public to vote musicians in, but I assume it's just PR. I can honestly say I will never visit the place. So many great bands have been overlooked that it's ridiculous. As a Rush super fanatic I couldn't care less. It's all about the founders likes and not the talented musicians and their art.

Huh? Just realized that Jethro Tull is not in the Rock and Roll HOF. How is that possible?? Must be a tariff on their music!?!?!
Or maybe all their originals were ACID WASHED from a hard drive that should have been secure. and now even congressional investigators can't find them? Maybe it was the RUSSIANS???

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT