ADVERTISEMENT

OT- Grown men acting up around Tom.

red rover 70

Nebraska Legend
Gold Member
Sep 11, 2011
"One more photo coach"
I never understood why a grown adult acts the fool. Asking for a picture is ok. But i think one is enough.

Something about a grown man asking for a picture or an autograph with/of another man has always been a bit creepy to me. Unless there's a kid with you or its a group thing, say hi, shake the man's hand and move on.

Originally posted by huskerbux:

Something about a grown man asking for a picture or an autograph with/of another man has always been a bit creepy to me. Unless there's a kid with you or its a group thing, say hi, shake the man's hand and move on.
Tom is a legend so i can see a pic. Shaking the man's hand would be an honor. But there always has to be that one guy at a function to make it creepy.

I've had a couple conversations with TO over the years and have asked for a picture and an autograph. If you think it's creepy then so be it. Personally I felt it an honor.

After the the second or third pic came the "one more for my cousin". I thought it was a little much.

Originally posted by sparky62:
I've had a couple conversations with TO over the years and have asked for a picture and an autograph. If you think it's creepy then so be it. Personally I felt it an honor.
See, I would look at someone in your profession as an honor more than a football coach. You save lives. I've met him a couple times myself and was able to say hi and shake his hand. That was good enough for me so I'll take back the creepy part.....just never understood it I guess.

Yes he is incredibly gracious. And i too have had memorabilia signed by him.

I think asking college kids to sign stuff is a little weird as well....some really like it though so I see both sides ...Was leaving the Dodger game on Monday and saw Frank Robinson waiting to get into his SUV and I pointed him out to a buddy and he wanted to get a pic and I said lets just say hi and let the man be....he was nice enough but I didnt see the point in getting a picture with a guy I had never really followed or had been a fan of

My youngest son recently passed all requirements to attain his Eagle Scout rank (his two older brothers are Eagles also) and I emailed Coach Riley asking for a congratulatory letter and received a response very quickly. I was asked his age due to NCAA requirements so hoping something cool comes in the mail for him :)

Originally posted by huskerbux:
See, I would look at someone in your profession as an honor more than a football coach. You save lives. I've met him a couple times myself and was able to say hi and shake his hand. That was good enough for me so I'll take back the creepy part.....just never understood it I guess.
Thank you. I guess I've never looked at my profession that way. It's a job that I love & I put my bunker pants on 2 legs at a time just my other 100,00 brothers & sisters.
wink.r191677.gif

Thanks again for the kind words.

Fan Day is as creepy as it gets. Most schools have gone to making it Kids Day and I wish NU would follow suit. Took my kids down years ago and watched grown adults have coaches and players sign everything under the sun. When some 30 some year old loser cut in front of my son I realized never again.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT