ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Greatest NFL Player of all time

Kittle gets a lot of hate here for obvious reasons but he is damn fun to watch. Probably the best, most complete TE in the game right now, save only for Kelce, and that's debatable. Makes amazing skill plays and blocks like a beast. Not afraid to play hurt and do the dirty work to help his team win.

Outside of the fact that his alma mater sucks, what's not to like?

I don’t hate Iowa, but I get why people here do. Kittle is just a bad ass

D. Butkus......bent runs in half.
Butkus would be in jail if he played today. He literally would try to tear a guy's head off when he tackled them. I still remember the time he caught a pass for either a TD or a 2 pt conversion. Can't remember which. It was priceless. He and Walter Payton made me a Bears fan for a long time. Payton was amazing and would rather run over somebody on the sideline than run out of bounds. He made all pro defenders just look silly at times with his moves.

Reactions: Baxter48
There isn’t one. Position matters. Decade played matters. How long did they played matters. Passing or a running team matters? How manny games played each season matters. How many NFL teams in the league matters. Take running backs, Jim Brown, Peyton, Sanders, Smith, Sayers, you could say each. I think it comes down to personal choice of the player you most admired on the field.

Kids gonna have to put in a lot more years and Super Bowl titles before being mentioned with Brady, Elway, Favre and Montana.
Favre... no! He isn't even in the same ball park. I take Peyton Manning, Dan Marino, Steve Young, and quite a few others including Rodgers over Favre any day of the week and twice on Sundays

Favre was one of the greatest QBs of all time. What are you smoking?? Smokin
He would be probably just outside the Top 10 on my list

My top 10 in no order

Joe Montana
Tom Brady
Dan Marino
Peyton Manning
John Elway
Johnny Unitas
Drew Brees
Aaron Rodgers
Roger Staubach
Bart Starr

then maybe Favre, but there could be arguments made for Steve Young and Troy Aikman to be ahead of him. I also wouldn't be surprised to see players currently playing pass him up too

That puts him 11th overall and 3rd in own franchise

He would be probably just outside the Top 10 on my list

My top 10 in no order

Joe Montana
Tom Brady
Dan Marino
Peyton Manning
John Elway
Johnny Unitas
Drew Brees
Aaron Rodgers
Roger Staubach
Bart Starr

then maybe Favre, but there could be arguments made for Steve Young and Troy Aikman to be ahead of him

That puts him 11th overall and 3rd in own franchise

I LOVE me some Marino...but third?? Yikes.

Farve is on the Mount Rushmore of quarterbacks. He broke all the records until Manning passed him. He was one of those guys who I loved to watch play the game. Peyton Manning was another one.

Farve is on the Mount Rushmore of quarterbacks. He broke all the records until Manning passed him. He was one of those guys who I loved to watch play the game. Peyton Manning was another one.
Mount Rushmore of QB's are

Tom Brady
Peyton Manning
Joe Montana
Johnny Unitas

Reactions: otismotis08
Then Favre is the Crazy Horse Memorial down the road...
That would probably belong to Drew Brees

Brees...

Superbowls = 1 (Tie)
Games Played = 275 (Favre)
Record as a starter = 163-111 (Favre)
Completion % = 67.6 (Brees)
Total Yards = 77,416 (Brees)
Total TD's = 547 (Brees)
INT's = 237 (Brees)
Career Passer Rating = 98.4 (Brees)

Favre...

Superbowls = 1 (Tie)
Games played = 302 (Favre)
Record as a starter = 186- 112 (Favre)
Completion % = 62% (Brees)
Total Yards = 71,838 (Brees)
Total TD's = 508 (Brees)
INT's = 336 (Brees)
Career Passer Rating = 86.0 (Brees)

Favre is a better QB than Brees how exactly? He is worse in every statistical catagory accept superbowl rings which is a tie, and career wins.

Lay off the cheese my friend

Brees...

Superbowls = 1 (Tie)
Total TD's = 547 (Brees)
INT's = 237 (Brees)

Favre...

Superbowls = 1 (Tie)
Total TD's = 508 (Brees)
INT's = 336 (Brees)

Favre is a better QB than Brees how exactly? He is worse in every statistical catagory accept superbowl rings which is a tie, and career wins.

I think the streak of consecutive starts may factor in. Plus Brett led his teams to 2 Super Bowls. That is the knock on A-Rod and Brees. Only been to one. If Brees and Rodgers wins one more they are vaulted into the greatest conversation.

Last edited:

Brees...

Superbowls = 1 (Tie)
Total TD's = 547 (Brees)
INT's = 237 (Brees)

Favre...

Superbowls = 1 (Tie)
Total TD's = 508 (Brees)
INT's = 336 (Brees)

I never said Favre was a better QB than Brees, just that he is more like Crazy Horse. I'm a Vikings fan, I hate cheese, except on nachos.

If someone wants to make a case for a QB as the NFL's greatest player of all-time fine, but don't put any running back ahead of Jim Brown. He led the league in rushing 8 times in a 9 year NFL career. His 104 yards per game rushing average is the highest in NFL history and his 5.2 yards per carry is the 2nd highest in NFL history.

There are a series of videos on YouTube highlighting the greatest 100 players in NFL history on the 100th anniversary of the league. In the running back video, Chris Collingsworth makes the comment, "If this show had been called the NFL 1 instead of 100, we might have the same guest". Seated across from Chris was Jim Brown.

Who would be the mt Rushmore of quarterbacks who didn’t win a super bowl? Jim Kelly, Dan Marino, Frank Tarkington,Boomer Esiason?

Reactions: Crazyhole
really hard to say, due to the years and different positions. rice didn't play running back, sanders didn't play linebacker and bukus didn't play wide receiver.

Reactions: bshirt73
ADVERTISEMENT