ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Great dialogue exchanges in movie history

That scene in Training Day where Ethan Hawk is playing cards with the Mexican gang members is pretty good.

So many Tarantino scenes.....The opening scene in Inglorious Basterds is really good as well, where the Nazi killer is questioning the farm owner about a missing family.

no country for old men - ‘...the dismal tide.’

Yeah - no way Heat is #1, that's a lifetime achievement award result. Pulp Fiction alone probably has 3 or 4 in the top 10.
producer-pulp-fiction-yeah-lsaw-it-on-an-airplaneitsicute-its-a-27687729.png

That scene in Training Day where Ethan Hawk is playing cards with the Mexican gang members is pretty good.

So many Tarantino scenes.....The opening scene in Inglorious Basterds is really good as well, where the Nazi killer is questioning the farm owner about a missing family.
Yes that scene was great!

I've been delving deep into my video services looking for (older) movies with good stories and acting since that is in short supply these days IMO. A few that I missed over the years that I've recently watched and thought were pretty good include the Descendants, Beneath Hill 60 and Crazy Heart.

Any other suggestions? Thinking about watching Chinatown and the Two Jakes next.

Reactions: saluno22
I've been delving deep into my video services looking for (older) movies with good stories and acting since that is in short supply these days IMO. A few that I missed over the years that I've recently watched and thought were pretty good include the Descendants, Beneath Hill 60 and Crazy Heart.

Any other suggestions? Thinking about watching Chinatown and the Two Jakes next.
I'm with you there, but maybe it's just a case of me getting older and not appreciating the new stuff as much.

I do find myself over the holidays or when work isn't as stressful (ie when I get home at normal times), I will seek older movies I haven't seen before over a new movie unless someone I trust recommends a new release. They were just made differently than they are now.

For example, while not in the same vein as the movies you listed, I watched "Porky's" and "Meatballs" for the first time last winter. The winter before, it was movies like "All the President's Men", "The Manchurian Candidate" (the old one), and "2001: A Space Odyssey".

Reactions: drubendall
I'm with you there, but maybe it's just a case of me getting older and not appreciating the new stuff as much.

I do find myself over the holidays or when work isn't as stressful (ie when I get home at normal times), I will seek older movies I haven't seen before over a new movie unless someone I trust recommends a new release. They were just made differently than they are now.

For example, while not in the same vein as the movies you listed, I watched "Porky's" and "Meatballs" for the first time last winter. The winter before, it was movies like "All the President's Men", "The Manchurian Candidate" (the old one), and "2001: A Space Odyssey".
Manchurian Candidate is on my radar. I also get a kick out of watching originals and then remakes to see if they were improved upon (True Grit, Magnificent Seven, Thomas Crown Affair, Oceans 11, Cape Fear, 3:10 to Yuma)

Modern music is trash. My kids prefer the music I grew up on.

Reactions: saluno22

Check out the classic On The Waterfront starring Omaha's own Marlon Brando long before he was The Godfather. His exchange with his brother in this scene is heartbreaking.

Manchurian Candidate is on my radar. I also get a kick out of watching originals and then remakes to see if they were improved upon (True Grit, Magnificent Seven, Thomas Crown Affair, Oceans 11, Cape Fear, 3:10 to Yuma)

Modern music is trash. My kids prefer the music I grew up on.
An Officer and a Gentleman! That's the one I couldn't remember yesterday and made me think "they just don't make movies like this anymore."

Reactions: drubendall
Jeez, do you people know anything about the greatest dialog exchange in cinema history?

That dog should have won the Academy Award!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT