ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Great dialogue exchanges in movie history

Heat is one of my favorite movies of all time and I have seen it a ton of times, but ironically I thought that dialogue scene was a tad cheesy. I also wished more bad guys would have lived. I thought the shootout scene was the best of all time and that includes westerns.

Including Tarantino movies in this topic really isn't fair to everyone else. Just set those aside for the sake of continuing the thread.

Goodfellas has quite a few. The Fargo restaurant scene. Legend has a couple, like the bar fight scene.

Reactions: Chuck003
tenor.gif

Including Tarantino movies in this topic really isn't fair to everyone else. Just set those aside for the sake of continuing the thread.

Goodfellas has quite a few. The Fargo restaurant scene. Legend has a couple, like the bar fight scene.
The Sicilian scene in True Romance featuring Christopher Walken and Dennis Hopper is movie perfection. When Hopper understands his fate, look out. What followed was the the greatest dialogue in movie history I believe. Just perfect.
true_romance-700x394.jpg

I am absolutely partial to all things Tarantino. Here is a trailer for a great movie NOT written by him that is killer if you enjoy dialogue driven thrillers. It is the time honored plot of a bunch of tough guys locked in a room and have to figure something out. It is as if you took Twelve Angry Men/Glengarry Glen Ross and mixed it with Reservoir Dogs. I highly recommend this movie if you haven't seen or heard of it.

The Sicilian scene in True Romance featuring Christopher Walken and Dennis Hopper is movie perfection. When Hopper understands his fate, look out. What followed was the the greatest dialogue in movie history I believe. Just perfect.
true_romance-700x394.jpg
Agreed!

There's a lot of great lines and banter in the Firefly series.

Here's an odd exchange.

Last edited:
De Niro and Pacino in Heat.

Most underrated movie of all time.

Underrated scene: Damon and Turturro in the bath house in Rounders

Also, the final scene in The Hustler between Newman and George C. Scott with Jackie Gleason listening...so good.

De Niro and Pacino in Heat.

Most underrated movie of all time.

Underrated scene: Damon and Turturro in the bath house in Rounders

Also, the final scene in The Hustler between Newman and George C. Scott with Jackie Gleason listening...so good.

I think there is a rumor that the De Niro Pacino scene was not filmed with them both there at the same time.

I am absolutely partial to all things Tarantino. Here is a trailer for a great movie NOT written by him that is killer if you enjoy dialogue driven thrillers. It is the time honored plot of a bunch of tough guys locked in a room and have to figure something out. It is as if you took Twelve Angry Men/Glengarry Glen Ross and mixed it with Reservoir Dogs. I highly recommend this movie if you haven't seen or heard of it.
I recently read that tarantino was responsible for some of the dialog in Crimson Tide.

Reactions: resdog851
I recently read that tarantino was responsible for some of the dialog in Crimson Tide.
He also wrote the original Natural Born Killers. Oliver Stone rewrote so much stuff in it that Tarantino totally dissolved himself from the movie. There is a scene in the movie where there is a Mexican standoff outside a store. Pretty sure Tarantino wrote that scene.

Reactions: cubsker
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT