ADVERTISEMENT

Ot grandparents

huskerbishop

Senior
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2009
ok I may sound a bit jealous when I say this but just wondering if anyone else deals with this and how you handled it. Ok my wife and I have two boys and my wife's sister has 2 girls. The sister kids are great and we love them to death. One is 5 the other just turned 4. Our boys 1 is 3 and half and the other is 11 months. So here what we deal with... My wife's sister lives 6 hours away from us( we live in Omaha) . My wife's mom lives in Lincoln. She will go down there 4 to 5 times a year to visit them 6 hours away which is great and she spends a whole week there. She will watch the girls while the parents go out. Now for us it seems like a chore for her to come up and even see our boys just for a day let alone watch them for an evening. In the last 3 month we have seen her for 3 days total and she has spent 2 full weeks with my wife's sister. At this point my wife and I are thinking she may see them again before she even comes up and see us. Now my mom lives in Omaha and we can get her to come over about every other weekend for about 4 hours and when she is hear she basically just sits there and we talk. She will interact with my 3 year old but has maybe held my 11 month old 2 times ever. And getting her to babysit for a few hours well we don't even ask because we already know the answer. So my question is does anyone else have to deal with this? And how do you handle it. One other thing about my wife's sister kids they have there other grandma who does anything and everything for them which is great! So my wife and I are confused on why it seems like our parents don't really care about our kids. Sorry I know it's long and maybe a bit confusing. Doing this on the phone.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News