ADVERTISEMENT

OT - grand jury

Summing up the world of 2020. My shoelace snapped today while I was tying my shoes. Most people would blame Donald Trump, but I know it all has to do with Climate Change!

Nope. It's 2020, not 2019.

If you were putting on shoes, you were going somewhere.

Which means you weren't "sheltering in place" at home.

Which means you were being selfish and have no regard for others.

And deserved way worse than a broken shoelace.

Are you honestly making the case that, before I or anyone else directs anger at the police, we should first prove that Breonna Taylor didn't deserve to be shot to death in her home? By, among other things, checking her employment status? Just... wow.

Did I say any of that? No, you are back to creating your own narrative. How do you determine who "deserves" anything. Did the two officers "deserve" to be shot last night? Then answer this, was she involved in any activity that would put her more at risk of harm? There are always mitigating circumstances in any of these situations. There is a long history of police activity with her and her associates and yes, it also has some connection to her work, it is part of the case. Ignore all you want and attempt to deflect with your comments, but there is a reason the grand jury decided what they did. But of course, you know much more than they do.

Last edited:
Did I say any of that? No, you are back to creating your own narrative. How do you determine who "deserves" anything. Did the two officers "deserve" to be shot last night? Then answer this, was she involved in any activity that would out her more at risk of harm? There are always mitigating circumstances in any of these situations. There is a long history of police activity with her and her associates and yes, it also has some connection to her work, it is part of the case. Ignore all you want and attempt to deflect with your comments, but there is a reason the grand jury decided what they did. But of course, you know much more than they do.
they defend and riot for criminals charging police officers with knives. As they say, they want dead cops. Yet they cry for mommy when someone returns in kind.

The right is the real Resistance

That is unfair.....to garbage.
Reminds me of Moe.
4545_500.jpg

If your first reaction to the public outcry in this situation is that angry people = stupid people, then I guess you're not much better at math than he is.

What? I was just pointing out that your comparison was terrible, and that you're an idiot if you can't distinguish between the two.

And maybe if the police aren't showing up in the middle of the night, thinking god-knows-what about the no-knock warrant they were originally issued, the boyfriend doesn't panic and grab a gun? And maybe if the officers don't fire their guns without a clear line of sight, they don't murder a sleeping woman?

But please, let's all just get through the inevitable drudgery of blaming the black victims of yet another police killing.

What's your beef with the police serving a warrant in the middle of the night? Should criminals abide by the same rule of thumb, no crimes in the middle of the night because by golly, that just ain't right. It was a no-knock, they knocked and identified themselves, boyfriend fired, police returned fire. It's the boyfriend fault she is dead.
You pleading middle of the night is a crock of sh!t, irrelevant and stupid. If I'm looking to serve a warrant, which means you broke the law, middle of the night seems like a great time to catch you home and off guard. The first guest on Jimmy Fallon show last night kept pleading the same thing, middle of the night and it sounded just as stupid then as you do now. I had to turn it off with Fallon pandering to her. Midnight of the night my azz, whoop-de-doo.

And maybe if the police aren't showing up in the middle of the night, thinking god-knows-what about the no-knock warrant they were originally issued, the boyfriend doesn't panic and grab a gun? And maybe if the officers don't fire their guns without a clear line of sight, they don't murder a sleeping woman?

But please, let's all just get through the inevitable drudgery of blaming the black victims of yet another police killing.
Maybe if her parents raised her to respect herself and not deal drugs or enable lowlife drug dealers, she wouldn't have been shot that night. Lay with dogs, catch fleas

What? I was just pointing out that your comparison was terrible, and that you're an idiot if you can't distinguish between the two.

And I was pointing out that, if you are "confused" as to why more people aren't "pleased" that the police murder of an innocent woman falls "within the scope of duty", but you aren't at all confused by people who threaten to defend property with deadly force, you're a racist idiot lacking the simple capacity to value a human life.

Is that worse than failing to subtract 15 from 100 while accusing somebody else of stupidity? Tough call, I guess 🤷‍♂️

And I was pointing out that, if you are "confused" as to why more people aren't "pleased" that the police murder of an innocent woman falls "within the scope of duty", but you aren't at all confused by people who threaten to defend property with deadly force, you're a racist idiot lacking the simple capacity to value a human life.

Is that worse than failing to subtract 15 from 100 while accusing somebody else of stupidity? Tough call, I guess 🤷‍♂️

Yes, that's what I was confused about. Every single day is a struggle for you, isn't it. Find someone, or something, to help you.

why do you think they call it DOPE? get yourself some help

Reactions: OzzyLvr
Lol. You know what other facts don’t change? The fact the the police showed up, knocked 3 times, announced their presence and then were shot at first by the boyfriend. And The officers returned fire.

How hard is this to understand? It’s a tragedy that Taylor was shot and killed. I get that people are upset that nothing is being done about this. But not a peep is being said about the boyfriend who fires first, leading to 3 officers returning fire.

Boyfriend doesn’t shoot, Taylor lives. Simple as that.

A consistent strain in many of these incidents is reckless endangerment on behalf of poorly trained cops. We can judge recklessness even when we empathize with how hard the job must be. Time and time again cops are shooting other cops, themselves or innocent bystanders. It is o.k for Americans to admit that things must get better without demonizing the entire force. Keep in the mind, the Taylor incident was on the backburner until a bunch of other incidents inflamed the tensions...the overall response across the nation has been muted, relative to George Floyd, and most people are understand of cops using force when force is used against them. Hundreds of times a year however, they use deadly force without provocation, and that is the real core of the protest. Police brutality isn't a virus, or cancer...it is not something we can say "just happens". It is a social construct that weakens the entire fabric of how our society works. Most people are good, cops are supposed to be the best, if a bad person does something...we run to cops to protect us. Kids learn that at the youngest age, but it doesn't often hold true for many populations in America.

A consistent strain in many of these incidents is reckless endangerment on behalf of poorly trained cops. We can judge recklessness even when we empathize with how hard the job must be. Time and time again cops are shooting other cops, themselves or innocent bystanders. It is o.k for Americans to admit that things must get better without demonizing the entire force. Keep in the mind, the Taylor incident was on the backburner until a bunch of other incidents inflamed the tensions...the overall response across the nation has been muted, relative the George Floyd.

Muted?

So far 2 officers shot. How much rioting before it is "not muted" ?

Read the case you idiot. She was awake. You let the narrative overtake the facts. Moron.

You guys kill me. Sure, she awoke in a panic as the police kicked through the door, just moments before they shot her to death. Got me there! I guess it was her fault after all?

No, it’s still a dumbass point to argue that she shouldn’t have been “lying with a dog” she didn’t want to be massacred. Coincidentally it’s also racist AF, but thanks for underlying the message that black lives are roughly equivalent to an animal’s. Moron.

You guys kill me. Sure, she awoke in a panic as the police kicked through the door, just moments before they shot her to death. Got me there! I guess it was her fault after all?

No, it’s still a dumbass point to argue that she shouldn’t have been “lying with a dog” she didn’t want to be massacred. Coincidentally it’s also racist AF, but thanks for underlying the message that black lives are roughly equivalent to an animal’s. Moron.
she and her drug dealer put themselves in a bad position. The boyfriend was more to blame than the cops.

she and her drug dealer put themselves in a bad position. The boyfriend was more to blame than the cops.

Again, if you so deeply want to live in a society where death is a justifiable outcome for someone sleeping with someone who was being investigated for selling drugs, please feel free to move to a country where the state supports your views. I hear that the Philippines can be very nice if you can get through the rainy season.

Again, if you so deeply want to live in a society where death is a justifiable outcome for someone sleeping with someone who was being investigated for selling drugs, please feel free to move to a country where the state supports your views. I hear that the Philippines can be very nice if you can get through the rainy season.
guy shouldn't have shot the cops.
Just like riding with someone who is drunk. Bad idea, could get you killed.

Reactions: bluenrg and OzzyLvr

Huh? What about the black cop that was shot last night. I haven’t heard you condemn that you racist ding dong.

I believe everyone on here has said her death was a tragedy. She made bad decisions, and was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Cops did not kill her purposely. She was caught in the crossfire which is tragic.

I want to be objective.

PLEASE TELL ME WHEN BREONNA TAYLOR WAS EVER ARRESTED!

Also, if they were both asleep they probably did not hear the knock.

I get it that the boyfriend is probably not a stellar citizen.

The findings of the Grand Jury did not even mention her. Shameful.

I want to be objective.

PLEASE TELL ME WHEN BREONNA TAYLOR WAS EVER ARRESTED!

Also, if they were both asleep they probably did not hear the knock.

I get it that the boyfriend is probably not a stellar citizen.

The findings of the Grand Jury did not even mention her. Shameful.

Your first sentence says it all. You are not objective. I’m glad you can admit that.

You date a guy that shoots at cops then bad things can happen. No other deaths happened in the other warrants that went down that night... hmm I wonder why. Oh that’s right, they didn’t shoot at the cops.

You seem like a decent human being.but facts must not be important to you.

Fact; she was awake, both her and the guy were awake and standing in the hallway.

Fact: they were awake because the police had knocked and announced who they were with advanced warning.

Fact: the police did not come in shooting. They were, in fact, shot at first. They did return fire which unfortunately she was a victim of.

Fact: with some reasonable speculation, had they opened the door and surrendered, no one would have been shot, her or the police officer.

Fact: if there was no illegal activity taking place there is no reason for the police to even be there. Interesting that they never come to my house.

I just filled in some of the missing information I am certain you meant to include because you are a truth seeker correct?

None of this is meant to demean her life. That sir, is a tragedy, one that could have been avoided with better decisions made on how to live and interact with authority.

Fact; she was awake, both her and the guy were awake and standing in the hallway.

Fact: they were awake because the police had knocked and announced who they were with advanced warning.

Fact: the police did not come in shooting. They were, in fact, shot at first. They did return fire which unfortunately she was a victim of.

Fact: with some reasonable speculation, had they opened the door and surrendered, no one would have been shot, her or the police officer.

Fact: if there was no illegal activity taking place there is no reason for the police to even be there. Interesting that they never come to my house.

I just filled in some of the missing information I am certain you meant to include because you are a truth seeker correct?

None of this is meant to demean her life. That sir, is a tragedy, one that could have been avoided with better decisions made on how to live and interact with authority.
Those FACTS should be undeniable. Some folks are just idiots. Some are just trolls. I'll say it again. Lay with dogs, get fleas.

Do you have some sort of secret vaccine that has given you immunity to facts and logic?

Fact: whether she was shot 3 seconds after she awoke, or 30 seconds or 300 seconds, that has 0 things to do with the fact that some on here are suggesting her death was a consequence of when / where / with whom she was sleeping

Fact: you’re speculating that they awoke to the police announcing themselves, and not the sound of their front door breaking

Fact: I never suggested that the police shot first, but instead argued that their barreling through the front door in the middle of the night created an extremely dangerous situation. No forced entry, no reaction from the boyfriend

Fact: you are never going to convince me that lethal force is a proportional response to the sale of drugs, no matter how illicit. I am never going to convince you or anyone else here that it’s insane and unjust that the penalty for disobedience of authority might include coincidental or extrajudicial death, but I nonetheless expect law enforcement to take up that concern and act accordingly

Fact: whether she was shot 3 seconds after she awoke, or 30 seconds or 300 seconds, that has 0 things to do with the fact that some on here are suggesting her death was a consequence of when / where / with whom she was sleeping

Fact: you’re speculating that they awoke to the police announcing themselves, and not the sound of their front door breaking

Fact: I never suggested that the police shot first, but instead argued that their barreling through the front door in the middle of the night created an extremely dangerous situation. No forced entry, no reaction from the boyfriend

Fact: you are never going to convince me that lethal force is a proportional response to the sale of drugs, no matter how illicit. I am never going to convince you or anyone else here that it’s insane and unjust that the penalty for disobedience of authority might include coincidental or extrajudicial death, but I nonetheless expect law enforcement to take up that concern and act accordingly
[/QUOTe

knock, knock
who's there?
police, we have a warrant to search the premasis
oh (silently), I think I'll just shoot at them and maybe they'll go away!!!
yea, that will work real good

Perhaps you should watch several of the videos out there where law enforcement stop people for random and end up dead. I guess you can justify that though. I suppose stopping someone for traffic violations and then being killed is proportional?

ADVERTISEMENT