ADVERTISEMENT

OT - grand jury

Lincoln100

Head Coach
Jun 16, 2010
I'm confused - shouldn't we, generally speaking, be pleased that the grand jury determined that the evidence didn't support a prosecution? That means that the cops operated within their scope of duty. Isn't that a big part of why there are riots?

I'm confused - shouldn't we, generally speaking, be pleased that the grand jury determined that the evidence didn't support a prosecution? That means that the cops operated within their scope of duty. Isn't that a big part of why there are riots?

It is much easier for the prosecution to present all evidence in a Grand Jury as well. The defense can not object to evidence. So if the DA does not have the evidence to convince a Grand Jury in an extremely favorable environment, imagine what would happen in a court room...

No, you are getting this wrong.
In today’s society we jump to conclusions without knowing the facts as long as those conclusions support our narrative.

No, you are getting this wrong.
In today’s society we jump to conclusions without knowing the facts as long as those conclusions support our narrative.

Here’s a narrative for you: there is literally no amount of property damage I would find unjustifiable in response to the state demonstrating that it can send officers to break unannounced into a residence and shoot an innocent woman to death in her own bed.

I look forward to the next post claiming un-ironically that any victim defending their property during the impending riots can / should defend that property with deadly force.

Reactions: opd957sjh and TOMHP
Here’s a narrative for you: there is literally no amount of property damage I would find unjustifiable in response to the state demonstrating that it can send officers to break unannounced into a residence and shoot an innocent woman to death in her own bed.

I look forward to the next post claiming un-ironically that any victim defending their property during the impending riots can / should defend that property with deadly force.
Read the evidence. An independent witness even testified that the police knocked and announced their presence before Breonna’s boyfriend shot first.

If you care at all about truth, you will read the evidence before blindly accepting what BLM or the media trots out as their narrative.

But I know you won’t read it, will you? Your mind is already made up. Makes me sick.

images

Well here you go. And Breonna Taylor was not asleep and was not an innocent woman...not even close. The warrant was specifically for her BTW.

Facts are a funny thing aren't they?

Read the evidence. An independent witness even testified that the police knocked and announced their presence before Breonna’s boyfriend shot first.

If you care at all about truth, you will read the evidence before blindly accepting what BLM or the media trots out as their narrative.

But I know you won’t read it, will you? Your mind is already made up. Makes me sick.
He must get his news from Lebron

Well here you go. And Breonna Taylor was not asleep and was not an innocent woman...not even close. The warrant was specifically for her BTW.

Facts are a funny thing aren't they?

Tatum is the man. Well explained.

is this you?
EgX8BoyUwAAY7li.jpg

Hope you get the Imodium you so desperately need? That doesn’t change the fact that the officers showed up in the middle of the night, busted down a door, and sprayed bullets through an apartment, killing a sleeping woman who will never receive justice.

Reactions: LUVNHAIGHT
The warrant was for her address and her boyfriend not her. She has no police record. The warrant was issued for her boyfriend and the belief there was drugs being dealt from that particular address. There were no drugs found.

Reactions: TOMHP
Hope you get the Imodium you so desperately need? That doesn’t change the fact that the officers showed up in the middle of the night, busted down a door, and sprayed bullets through an apartment, killing a sleeping woman who will never receive justice.

That's right, don't let the truth get in the way of your narrative. Please do the country a favor and don't vote... or reproduce.

None of us are privy to the information presented to the Grand Jury so we're not in a position to evaluate their decision one way or the other. Let the system do its job.

Reactions: OzzyLvr and TOMHP
Lol. You know what other facts don’t change? The fact the the police showed up, knocked 3 times, announced their presence and then were shot at first by the boyfriend. And The officers returned fire.

How hard is this to understand? It’s a tragedy that Taylor was shot and killed. I get that people are upset that nothing is being done about this. But not a peep is being said about the boyfriend who fires first, leading to 3 officers returning fire.

Boyfriend doesn’t shoot, Taylor lives. Simple as that.

That's right, don't let the truth get in the way of your narrative. Please do the country a favor and don't vote... or reproduce.

If you want to live in a country where citizens meekly accept the extrajudicial killing of innocent civilians by the state, please feel free to move. Americans won't tolerate that shit, and I had lived most of my life imagining Republicans would be on the front lines of such a fight. Guess not, huh?

......... there is literally no amount of property damage I would find unjustifiable in response to the state demonstrating that it can send officers to break unannounced into a residence and shoot an innocent woman to death in her own bed.
So if someone protesting this decision shows up on your doorstep and starts dousing gasoline everywhere, you would step aside and hand them a match?

Lol. You know what other facts don’t change? The fact the the police showed up, knocked 3 times, announced their presence and then were shot at first by the boyfriend. And The officers returned fire.

How hard is this to understand? It’s a tragedy that Taylor was shot and killed. I get that people are upset that nothing is being done about this. But not a peep is being said about the boyfriend who fires first, leading to 3 officers returning fire.

Why did the boyfriend call 911

The warrant was for her address and her boyfriend not her. She has no police record. The warrant was issued for her boyfriend and the belief there was drugs being dealt from that particular address. There were no drugs found.

The phone calls afterwards by the guys dealing drugs were interesting. Taylor was involved.

Reactions: JoelBittner

Apparently you went to public schools and was passed through the system... Read first and get all the facts, speak second with an informative argument.

And maybe if the police aren't showing up in the middle of the night, thinking god-knows-what about the no-knock warrant they were originally issued, the boyfriend doesn't panic and grab a gun? And maybe if the officers don't fire their guns without a clear line of sight, they don't murder a sleeping woman?

But please, let's all just get through the inevitable drudgery of blaming the black victims of yet another police killing.

And maybe if the police aren't showing up in the middle of the night, thinking god-knows-what about the no-knock warrant they were originally issued, the boyfriend doesn't panic and grab a gun? And maybe if the officers don't fire their guns without a clear line of sight, they don't murder a sleeping woman?

But please, let's all just get through the inevitable drudgery of blaming the black victims of yet another police killing.
You keep conveniently ignoring all the facts of the case and want to push only certain facts. It was NOT a no-knock warrant, even if initially it was. They did knock. They announced who they were. It was verified by an INDEPENDENT witness. They were fired upon and then returned fire.

In your world are the police supposed to run away? Taylor’s boyfriend should have never fired his weapon. But yeah, keep ignoring that fact. The police are 100% at fault here. Got it.

What world do we live in where, when the police come to your door, with a warrant, even breaking it down, you have the right to panic and shoot at them? Is that really what you are suggesting?

What world do we live in where, when the police come to your door, even breaking it down, you have the right to panic and shoot at them? Is that really what you are suggesting?

Absolutely not, and nobody is arguing that a person as a "right to panic and shoot". But you don't send officers to invade a home in the middle of the night after sending mixed messages about whether to knock, and then think to yourself "I'm sure this will go well".

It is obviously tragic that the boyfriend shot at the officers, but why is it impossible for you to address the simple facts that 1) those officers should never have created such a dangerous situation, 2) they shot recklessly into the apartment, and 3) their actions killed a bystander for whom they hold zero accountability?

Absolutely not, and nobody is arguing that a person as a "right to panic and shoot". But you don't send officers to invade a home in the middle of the night after sending mixed messages about whether to knock, and then think to yourself "I'm sure this will go well".

It is obviously tragic that the boyfriend shot at the officers, but why is it impossible for you to address the simple facts that 1) those officers should never have created such a dangerous situation, 2) they shot recklessly into the apartment, and 3) their actions killed a bystander for whom they hold zero accountability?

I always wonder how people can be this completely tonedeaf. Then I remember that there are as many people with an IQ under 80 as there are people with one over 115 in this country. Then I wonder how you all continue to live to adulthood without accidentally killing yourself and then constantly manage to reproduce.

I don’t dispute 2 and 3... the situation, from the start, had a high probability of being dangerous. So what should the sentence be against the officers? I agree the indictment is light. But looking at the facts, I’m not sure what else could be done... Charge the officers with murder? Manslaughter? Maybe... but the key to all of this is the boyfriend shooting first. I’m not sure why you keep avoiding this fact. He doesn’t fire, Taylor is alive today.

The police should have been more controlled in their return fire. Maybe that’s why they are no longer police. But they were acting in self defense.

Your comments are so far off base. First, the cops didn't create any of this, she and her drug dealing boyfriend did. They had been under surveillance for some time. Where is the evidence she was innocent and not involved. apparently she was no longer employed, we just do not know why. The police have transcripts of communications between several parties that incriminate all of them.

Yes, one officer was charged with discharging his firearm that could have harmed others. That is what the grand jury found.

How is that you seem to think you have more information and more reasoning ability than the grand jury to sort this all out and make accusations. But I guess, keeping the narrative alive for political purposes is more important. Amazing and we wonder why we have so much fake news.

I always wonder how people can be this completely tonedeaf. Then I remember that there are as many people with an IQ under 80 as there are people with one over 115 in this country. Then I wonder how you all continue to live to adulthood without accidentally killing yourself and then constantly manage to reproduce.

Uh huh. Come back when you learn how to subtract 15 from 100.

If you can't distinguish between rioters attacking a residence and cops lawfully entering a residence, then the crack about you having a low IQ is legit.

She made a lot of bad decisions the past few years. Didn’t deserve to die, but making bad decisions (like dating drug slingers) can cost you everything.

Your comments are so far off base. First, the cops didn't create any of this, she and her drug dealing boyfriend did. They had been under surveillance for some time. Where is the evidence she was innocent and not involved. apparently she was no longer employed, we just do not know why. The police have transcripts of communications between several parties that incriminate all of them.

Yes, one officer was charged with discharging his firearm that could have harmed others. That is what the grand jury found.

How is that you seem to think you have more information and more reasoning ability than the grand jury to sort this all out and make accusations. But I guess, keeping the narrative alive for political purposes is more important. Amazing and we wonder why we have so much fake news.

Are you honestly making the case that, before I or anyone else directs anger at the police, we should first prove that Breonna Taylor didn't deserve to be shot to death in her home? By, among other things, checking her employment status? Just... wow.

If you can't distinguish between rioters attacking a residence and cops lawfully entering a residence, then the crack about you having a low IQ is legit.

If your first reaction to the public outcry in this situation is that angry people = stupid people, then I guess you're not much better at math than he is.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT