ADVERTISEMENT

OT......got a little problem

BBTown Bomber

Nebraska Legend
Dec 30, 2004
Scottsbluff, NE
Stayed in the Longmont, CO area with our daughter/ SIL last Thurs/ Friday night. Had a meeting all day in Ft. Collins on Friday, then back to their home to regroup.

After cocktails and supper, we got back to their place. Our daughter had offered to drive home (she didn't drink that night) and when we got back to their place, she, and I, both forgot to lock the truck.

It was parked directly in front of their home (nicer, upscale neighborhood with a street light right in front of their home, just off of Hwy.66 between I-25 and the north end of Longmont.

Went to bed a little before midnight Friday night, got up around 7:30 the next morning and went out to start the truck and someone had broken in to it. Yes, it was accidentally left unlocked, but either way, someone got in after midnight. The only thing they took was our primary checkbook.

Called our Scottsbluff bank immediately and started the process to shut things down. Then called Weld County Sheriff and made the report. That was all we could do until Monday morning. Our main bank was actually open til noon on Monday (MLK Day). Got other paperwork done to shut things down and open a new checking account.

Then......Tuesday morning got a call from the gal at our bank and the bad guys apparently went straight to a Wal-Mart after midnight Friday night and made a "purchase" of around $163. So, that transaction will be on the store video and the check was time-stamped, so now the detective works starts. Un-fricking-believable.........

Then, another call around 1pm today from our local bank informing me that a $1,000 check came through today that the bad guys had written and someone forged Mrs. Bomber's name. So now we know the bank it was taken to in Colorado, that bank will have their own video and time of transaction, ya-da, ya-da, ya-da.

Long story short, what a pain in the butt and how fricking stupid are the dumbasses that think they're going to get away with this?? The Weld County Deputy that I've spoken with 4 or 5 times since Saturday morning said they already have a suspect in mind, they just haven't been able to catch up with him. Several felony warrants, apparently.

So, how was your weekend ??? :eek:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News